PDA

View Full Version : Football nicks and bruises?

Wolfman07
09-18-06, 08:48 PM
I'm getting ready to go to meps for my physical soon and I have a quick question. I play highschool football and was wondering if the normal small injuries i obtain will be a problem. These include jam fingers and some bruises on the legs and arms ,because football is a contact sport. Not too worried about this but im a little worried about the little stuff, no real reason just worst case sceanario kinda stuff.

Brass
09-18-06, 08:57 PM
Depending on how badly one or more of your fingers are jammed you might have trouble with the parts near the end of your physical. They ask you to close your fists, touch each of your fingers to your thumbs etc.

Wolfman07
09-18-06, 09:05 PM
I have not lost any range of motion on any of my fingers, they all act normal and every thing and dont bother me because Im actually used to jammed fingers now lol:p . My recuiter said if it doesnt bother you than it probably won't bother the docs in this case. Just wondering if anybody here had a similar situation. Thank You.

WJason777
09-18-06, 11:34 PM
If i were you i would not tell them nothing until they ask. The doctor only knows what you tell him. So if he sees that you are bruies just tell him that you got tackel at practice and it dont bother you or something like that. I dont that it will be a problem

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-19-06, 12:28 AM
You will be fine as long as you don't have an actual injury. I've heard of a lot of reasons why people get booted from MEPS, a bruise has yet to be one of them.

torched
09-30-06, 11:18 AM
from what ive heard the worst one is torn muscles (if youve had one recently) or broken bones but other than that i havent heard of anyone getting booted otherwise

Wolfman07
10-01-06, 07:00 PM
I went up to meps and the doc just glanced at them, totally didnt even ask so i was fine.

cplbrooks
10-01-06, 08:42 PM
Yes, if they dont ask then dont bring it up. If they want to know they will ask.