PDA

View Full Version : Rules of Engagement presentation to the troops

fontman
09-17-06, 04:49 PM
Rules of Engagement presentation to the troops

Below received in email to me today; passing on for information.

Sempers,
font

;)

Thought you might be interested in something that took place earlier this week.

My son, a PFC in the Army, will be deploying in two weeks. In preparation, all the people in his unit had to attend a full day of mandatory classes.

The first class was put on by some "retired type" and concerned the mores and customs of the region. My son found this class to be very interesting.

A high-ranking JAG officer put on the second class concerning Rules of Engagement. This class was held a day after our national discussion of this topic (thanks to the Taliban missed opportunity). To emphasize the importance of the class, the unit commander and a Brigadier General sat on the stage behind the podium. At the end of the class, the JAG officer made the mistake of asking if anyone had any questions or comments. My son raised his hand, was recognized, and stood up to say, "Sir, where I come from, I learned that in a street fight, there are no rules except SURVIVAL!"

His remark was first met with shocked silence, then a smattering of applause, which built into a crescendo as everyone stood up, cheered and applauded. The JAG officer's face turned red with embarrassment and rage as he turned to the unit commander for help. Unfortunately for JAG, the unit commander, and general were looking at each other and smiling. The commander then dismissed the class with, "You know what needs to be done. May God bless you. Please go and Survive. Class dismissed."

~~ Signed ~~

A Proud Father!

OLE SARG
09-17-06, 05:28 PM
OUT FRIGGING-STANDING!!!!!!!!!! The lad hit the nail on the frigging head, "NO RULES EXCEPT SURVIVAL"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Devildogg4ever
09-17-06, 06:24 PM
OUT FRIGGING-STANDING!!!!!!!!!! The lad hit the nail on the frigging head, "NO RULES EXCEPT SURVIVAL"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes sir, I agree!!! GIT-R-DONE!!! :banana:

jinelson
09-17-06, 08:26 PM
The ROE's only get our Marines and Soldiers killed and wounded and they always have. Well done Soldier this Marine applauds you!

We need to engage our enemy as he engages us!