PDA

View Full Version : I Do Not understand

Phantom Blooper
01-13-03, 09:17 PM
I do not understand. It may have something to do with the Freedom of Information Act,or the freedom of the press. But what happened to "Loose lips,sink ships"? I know it happens in the bars outside the gate after a few drinks. But to tell how many troops are leaving CONUS and showing what heavy equipment and weapons they are taking with them on TV doesn't make sense to me. They say that the Cold War is over. But we still have spies running around. One is on trial for espionage today. I know that it is hard on families to send off their servicemen and women into harms way. I know it won't do any good,(just complaining)But it seemed to work out pretty well when I was leaving not to give any information out. Although everyone knows where they are all headed I don't feel that our capabilities should be broadcast until they are actually used. I still fell this is wrong. I feel like they have created a new cabinet position in Washington- (Homeland Security) that they should secure secure their lips and eyes.Not all spies and terroists need Classified Material to accomplish the misssion. Thanks for allowing me to complain!!:confused:

CAS3
01-13-03, 09:34 PM
A staff Sgt who actually thinks what the media prints is the truth?

CAS3
01-13-03, 09:35 PM
A Staff Sgt who actually thinks what the media prints is the truth. What have I always told the men...it is the size that matters!!!!!!!

wrbones
01-13-03, 09:42 PM
CAS IS BACK! LMAO.

Some of it probably disinformation.

Rumsfeld complained after a meeting in a room with the chiefs of staff, when what was said in the meeting was plastered all over the newspapers the next day that that room had a leak in it and he wasn't goin back in there anymore.

I've also been wondering if it isn't some sort of arrogance as well.

In any case, such things bein' all over the news media can't be a good thing.

Just my opinion....

Phantom Blooper
01-13-03, 09:54 PM
I did not mention any where that I beleived the media.I said that I don't feel our capabilities should be broadcast on TV. We have enough of problems to take care of.No I never have beleived what came out of Washington to be the truth. I know we are in a technological age ,but I said that it should be broadcasted only if action happened ..not before.

Rob Parry
01-26-03, 01:01 PM
Try another viewpoint. Imagine you are sitting in one of those hovels the camel jocks call cafes. On the B&W TV in the corner you see images, care of Al Jazeira, of the incoming might from across the pond and the Indian Ocean. When you return to your dust encrusted unit, sheltering from the heat of the mid-day sun do you feel confident in your ability to kick ass, or do you consider a visit to the sick bay with terminal piles? There may be loads of rhetoric and gun waving from Madsam, but his boys must be digging very deep holes.
Therefore exposure of what is going their way is probably weakening their resolve. Just a thought.

firstsgtmike
01-26-03, 02:04 PM
I can't remember the name of the song, however if it was broadcast from aircraft, jammed into every local radio station, laser-fed to resonate in every building...

We're coming to getcha!

We're coming to getcha!

We're coming to getcha!

I think it just might shake some people up.

wrbones
01-26-03, 02:41 PM
Was that Blondie who did that song?

Rob Parry
01-30-03, 08:42 AM
I just love watching Tariq Aziz on TV, "I will die for my country, we will fight to the last bullet" Right, care to book a table sir, or will you wait at the bar? Will that be the same 'last bullet' you used last time?

firstsgtmike
01-30-03, 10:05 AM
The Iraqi Ambassador to the UN has just finished giving a speech, and walks out into the lobby where he meets President Bush.

They shake hands and, after a brief chat about world affairs, the Iraqi says, "I have a question that I think perhaps you can answer."

President Bush says, "Well, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I'll do my best."

The Iraqi ambassador continues, "My son watches this show 'Star Trek' and in it there are Russians, Blacks and Asians, but never any Arabs. He is very upset. He doesn't understand why there are never any Arabs in Star Trek."

President Bush laughs, leans toward the Iraqi, and whispers,"It's because it takes place in the future...."

MillRatUSMC
01-30-03, 12:47 PM
Much could be said about this medium aka the internet.
I said about the same thing on some message boards.
Then the come back was that many military units have pages on the web.
That display much of the same information that was being discuss on that message board.
My only concern would be if they were discussing E-Mail from someone in one of many military units.
SALUTE
S ize
A ctivity
L ocation
U nit
T ime
E quipment
Those E-Mail might give Location and Time.
Which might be of use to any enemy that we might face.
They place their love one in harms way without knowing.
How much is Freedom of Information?
We might be our own worst enemy.
To much talking.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

Art Petersn
01-30-03, 01:40 PM
Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 500
employees and has the following statistics:

* 29 have been accused of spousal abuse
* 7 have been arrested for fraud
* 19 have been accused of writing bad checks
* 117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
* 3 have done time for assault
* 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
* 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
* 8 have been arrested for shoplifting
* 21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
* 84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year
Can you guess which organization this is?

Give up yet?

It's the 535 members of the United States Congress. The same group of idiots
that crank out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of
us in line

Sticky blue
01-30-03, 01:40 PM
Some tossers with long hair who believe that Saddam is a nice man and that we should not go to war have recently left the UK to act as voluntary human sheilds!

I am sure you will all join me in wishing them a speedy journey... to meet their maker!

Goodbye to rubbish I say and don't let them back into the country, if they love Iraq that much let them stay there. I don't suppose that you have any similar cretins departed the states to go and act as human sheilds for Saddam?

wrbones
01-30-03, 02:16 PM
Here ya go Sticky Blue!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3752&highlight=Iraq

Ken O'Keefe fer starters

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?
s=&threadid=3753&highlight=Iraq

He even has a homepage

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3751&highlight=Iraq

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3677&highlight=Iraq

Am I bein a smart-ass yet? :D

Rob Parry
01-30-03, 02:38 PM
Ken will be sadly missed, but not for long. Barking, absolutely barking. Or as they say down here, Mad as a Mongoose!

Barndog
01-30-03, 04:30 PM
Yes....... operative phrase here

SAME GROUP OF IDIOTS - funded by the same group of CORPORATE INTERESTS IDIOTS.
Looking to keep the same the same for as long as profit margins stay higher.
(seen what the pharmeceutical companies are trying to do to Canada now? God, save us all since our politicians can't do it.
And the wealthy can't look beyond their wallets and limits of their power.

Wake the f**k up people.

Barrio_rat
01-30-03, 04:54 PM
Hey Bones... Better a smart-ass than a dumb-ass!