PDA

View Full Version : Every Poolee Must Read This

jinelson
09-16-06, 01:50 PM
Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members

Welcome aboard Leatherneck.com, its important that you be advised that we have rules here that will best help you prepare to enter one of the two MCRD's. Your failure to comply with any of them will get you in trouble.

Rule One you are not a Marine and this is a Marine site therefore you have no rights and are merely a guest that we wish to help achieve your goal!

Rule Two before you post a thread make darn sure that you have researched the forums so that you are not embarrassed by the fact it was asked a week ago!

Rule Three when using the words Marine or Corps on this site they will be capitalized at all times!

Rule Four make sure that you have a completed profile less than that is unsat and will get you banned for a period up to and including permanently!

Rule Five be courteous at all times with your peers and especially with Marines, if you verbally attack someone you will be dealt with severely and disrespect to a Marine will not be tolerated!

Rule Six never use the words Semper Fi, Semper Fidelis or OORAH you do not rate that here until you have earned the title of United States Marine!

Rule Seven the forums are not social a chatroom if you want to speak to a peer in that way do it on PM or by email or in the chatroom!

Rule Eight when you post make sure that it looks like you are submitting it to your english teacher for their determination whether you pass or fail!

Rule Nine make sure when you post a thread its in the proper forum, you do not rate to post in a Marine forum at any time prior to earning the title. Read the headings over the recruit forums for a guide!

Rule Ten there will no political threads or posts of any kind in the recruit forums, you are here to concentrate on the yellow foot steps not politics!

Rule Eleven be ready and flexible to accept any and all new rules and criticism at all times. Use your time here to prepare yourself for the greatest challenge you will ever face!

Im including some recent links for rules that back these up below. I am also including a Drill Instructors thread of a list of what you may take to MCRD when you ship anything more is unacceptable! As you can see it is a very specific yet there are five pages of of questions again that is unacceptable. If you cant make it here you will not be able to survive recruit training.

Any violation of any of these rules will subject yourself to lose of privileges in this Marine community.

DO I MAKE MYSELF PERFECTLY CLEAR?

jinelson
09-16-06, 02:11 PM
I have recently noticed a complete disregard for or knowlege of the rules that govern your existence as a member of this community. Be advised that any further behavior as I have witnessed shall not be tolerated. I will not stand for any further disrespect for Marines or fellow members, pecker contests or verbal assaults amongst each other. Be advised that individuals have pi$$ed me off! There is no place here for individuals only a team with the same mission and I am the team leader.

Read and heed!

Jim

jcannedy
09-16-06, 04:26 PM
Crystal clear, Sir!

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-16-06, 06:50 PM
Was it clear when you sent me the PM with your messed up attitude Josh?

jcannedy
09-16-06, 07:39 PM
Sorry Echo Bravo, I didnt know this was a Messed up attitude! With all do respect you sound like a big hipocrite telling me to have respect and then talking about a Marine like that.

"I didn't ask to hear your mouth *******. The comment is under a Marine's screen name, it is on your name, so you said it." Echo stated.

"You need to watch how you talk to people around here. Nobody is impressed by you, and nobody could give a rip what you claim your brother's boot ass said. " Echo stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcannedy
Echo if you would do some research you would read that infact was my brother doing the talking about the pog thing. Read the entire thing sir

well my brother is a corporal in 3/5 he was in OIF 2 @ 3 so I dont know what your definition of a boot is could you elaborate on your definition of a boot, corporal? I would appreciate it if you set me straight on that. Thank you, sir!

jcannedy
09-16-06, 07:43 PM
I think you are just upset that Oklahomo lost to Missouri. :D

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-16-06, 10:43 PM
It was Oregon, get your facts right.

As for you deciding its OK to call me a hypocrite, that's fine. You've proven yourself to not be worth my time. Your attitude here is horrible, and then you try to use the excuse that your brother told you to do it to get out of trouble... even though you've done it in multiple threads. And, the term hypocrite can't apply since my entire point is that YOU'RE NOT A MARINE SO YOU DO NOT HAVE STANDING TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT ANY MARINE AT ANY TIME. Is that easy enough to understand? Or do I need to find a way to use even smaller words?

jinelson
09-16-06, 11:38 PM
Obey the rules or disappear who wants to be next?

jinelson
09-17-06, 08:11 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/throtateglobe.gif

PooleeWill
09-17-06, 08:54 PM
as I am new to the board these rules sound simple and easy to follow.

pooleekoehler83
09-17-06, 10:22 PM
Aye sir. Maybe some things will change in the attitude department.
:beer:

The Sandman
09-18-06, 05:16 AM
Rule Two before you post a thread make darn sure that you have researched the forums so that you are not embarrassed by the fact it was asked a week ago!

Yyeeaaahh, can we start squaring people away on this rule please? If I see one more girlfriend, recon/seal (can I be superman please?), pull-up, Armstrong, or other "it's-been-posted-about-a-million-times" threads I think I might loose it. Just a suggestion.

WhiteRabbit
09-18-06, 09:46 AM
Hahah, well I do agree with you Sandman, however, I tried searching the word 'Recon' yesterday into the search field and I got about 20+ pages of links to threads. Most of them had nothing to do with what I was trying to figure out, so asking questions isn't all that bad.

But yes, I agree, the cliche questions are asked too much (I'm guilty on the Recon aspect of questioning) and perhaps people are just lazy. However, if someone has an honost-to-God question that they are curious about and need info on, and on the question I'm talking about a serious, well thought-out question. More and more I read on this forum the more I see that people are just posting to post, and not really thinking about the acquisition at hand.

Static_Sky25
09-18-06, 10:29 AM
But yes, I agree, the cliche questions are asked too much (I'm guilty on the Recon aspect of questioning) and perhaps people are just lazy. However, if someone has an honost-to-God question that they are curious about and need info on, and on the question I'm talking about a serious, well thought-out question.

Everyone thinks that their question IS well thought out and serious. When in reality it's just them regurgitating the same question with a different hook (not pointing fingers guilty of this myself) and that is the "individuality" that Ssgt. Nelson is talking about. Everyone thinking it's okay to just word it differently. And it's only because these recruits don't want to put in the effort to find it themselves. The sooner those recruits can learn to operate as a wheel in the Machine the smoother things will be for them and for you as a recruit.

90% of what these recruits can't find (i.e. general orders, rank structure ect... can be found using google or any other search engine, the girlfriend crap well... common sence isn't common)

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-18-06, 11:00 AM
I don't have much of a problem with a question that was covered in the past, as long as said question isn't still on the first page or two of posts in the forum.

I can see being a little confused when you type "recon" into the search engine and get hundreds of results. I wouldn't expect someone to find their answer that was posted in 2002. But I would expect them to look enough to make sure that it wasn't posted in June of this year.

Of course there is a constant turn-over of poolees on this site. If we were to be strict about not posting repeat questions there wouldn't be much posted here at this point. We've covered most things at some point.

I just wish that poolees would remember that worrying about becoming a Recon Marine is secondary to actually becoming a Marine. Its great to have goals and to want to achieve great things, but you have to make sure you're in position to even try. If everyone would come to the table knowing that, most of the Recon posts would be needless. Girlfriends come and go, the Marine Corps is forever. I promise you'll find another woman you love just as much as the one you have now, but nothing can replace being a Marine. And finally, being a Marine isn't for everyone. IF youdon't like the conditions you must meet to be a Marine, or everything that goes with being a Marine there is somewhere else for you to be.

Static_Sky25
09-18-06, 02:32 PM
I don't have much of a problem with a question that was covered in the past, as long as said question isn't still on the first page or two of posts in the forum.

I can see being a little confused when you type "recon" into the search engine and get hundreds of results. I wouldn't expect someone to find their answer that was posted in 2002. But I would expect them to look enough to make sure that it wasn't posted in June of this year.

Of course there is a constant turn-over of poolees on this site. If we were to be strict about not posting repeat questions there wouldn't be much posted here at this point. We've covered most things at some point.

I just wish that poolees would remember that worrying about becoming a Recon Marine is secondary to actually becoming a Marine. Its great to have goals and to want to achieve great things, but you have to make sure you're in position to even try. If everyone would come to the table knowing that, most of the Recon posts would be needless. Girlfriends come and go, the Marine Corps is forever. I promise you'll find another woman you love just as much as the one you have now, but nothing can replace being a Marine. And finally, being a Marine isn't for everyone. IF youdon't like the conditions you must meet to be a Marine, or everything that goes with being a Marine there is somewhere else for you to be.

:thumbup:

Master Sephiroth
09-18-06, 04:07 PM
As I fall under the "Supporter" category and this thread is addressed to poolees/wannabes, am I still forbidden from posting anywhere other than the recruit forums?

boomer0351swife
09-18-06, 04:17 PM
Oh, geez. I seem to have probably screwed it up already. I am hoping you are a bit more lenient with Marine wives. My spelling isn't the greatest, and my punctuation has alot to be desired, but you will NOT find another wife more MOTO than myself!!!! Please forgive me in advance.

Master Sephiroth
09-21-06, 07:58 PM
Marine Family can post in all forums apparently. I'm still confused about whether or not supporters are. As I have seen some doing so without getting reprimanded

Achped
09-21-06, 09:13 PM
Oh, geez. I seem to have probably screwed it up already. I am hoping you are a bit more lenient with Marine wives. My spelling isn't the greatest, and my punctuation has alot to be desired, but you will NOT find another wife more MOTO than myself!!!! Please forgive me in advance.

Ma'am, your husband may very well be the one who whips me into shape.

It's not my forum, but if it was, I personally would let you type however you liked.

I'm sure the SNCOs here don't mind either, they just hate us because we're wannabes! They hate us I tell you! :evilgrin:

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-21-06, 11:02 PM
boomerswife, while most of us try to write clearly and without too many mistakes, you have a lot of wiggle room, especially if you aren't a wannabe. Since you're here to help, everyone will be thrilled with the knowledge to the table.

iamcloudlander
09-21-06, 11:47 PM
I'm sure the SNCOs here don't mind either, they just hate us because we're wannabes! They hate us I tell you!

Although this may be an attempt at levitity it is totally wrong. The Marines (regardless of their rank) are doing their best to help you wannabes. Think of them as if you are in Boot Camp and the Drill Instructor explains something to the Platoon and God help the hapless recruit that has to have it explained again to him. This will only happen once and the recruit will never have to have anything explained to him (her) again. That is what these Marines are trying to tell each of you pay attention to what is being asked on here and lay off the repeditive questions.
The one to ask about specific MOS's is your recruiter as he will have this information (which is current) as well as if it is available and if you qualify for it.
Try thinking of this site as if you are a high school football player and you ask a pro football player when you sign up with a pro team if you can play a specific position. You will get about the same answer as these Marines are giving you about the Marine Corps.
SSGT Nelson should not have to post these rules for you over and over as you all should all read and heed them before you post or reply to any threads.