PDA

View Full Version : Every Poolee Must Read This

jcannedy
09-15-06, 12:08 PM
I dont want to be an a**, but I have seen alot of Poolees with Semper Fi and Ooh-rah in your profiles, Take all of that out of your profiles. You have not earned the right to say Ooh-rah or semper fi yet. Nothing is free. Not even those motivating words on your pages. If any of you have some integrity you would take those out until you earn the right to say them.

jinelson
09-15-06, 01:02 PM
Thank you Poolee Cannedy for bringing this matter before the forum. We must periodically remind the members of these forums that we have rules. The rule that you have pointed out is Rule #6 in the posted rules below and can be found in the sticky threads on the Poolee Hall Forum.

>>>>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048<<<<

Static_Sky25
09-15-06, 06:44 PM
Ooh-rah or semper fi

you will in the future CAPITALIZE "Semper-Fi" correct? It deserves and commands the same level of respect as the Marines on these pages or the title of Marine it's self

fraser
09-15-06, 09:01 PM
what is the big deal. its just showing we admire and look up to the Marine Corps

jinelson
09-15-06, 09:32 PM
The big deal fraser is if you cant obey the rules and follow orders here you will not any where else. YOU ARE A GUEST HERE AND NOTHING MORE OBEY OR LEAVE!

OH and by the way how are you a Poolee/DEP at 16 years old? ARE YOU MISREPRESENTING YOURSELF HERE? LOSE THE AVITAR AND STATUS NOW!

fraser
09-15-06, 09:39 PM
i am going to DEP meetings every wednesday and meeting with recruiters, so i am a poolee, and i am not misrepresenting myself. OK

JmikeJr88
09-15-06, 09:44 PM
I really hate to get involved and I may not be the smartest guy but your mouthing off to the wrong person on this site. No disrespect to you or anybody else here but be careful who you are talking to around here. Your nobody special (neither am I) here, so I'm just looking out for you

fraser
09-15-06, 09:46 PM
i mean no disrespect to anyone here

fraser
09-15-06, 09:47 PM
so sorry if i offended anyone

jinelson
09-15-06, 09:57 PM
You become a Poolee when you are sworn into the Delayed Entry Program by an Officer at Military Enlisted Processing Station and not until then. <br />
<br />
JmikeJr88 you are a real Poolee take charge of...

The Sandman
09-16-06, 01:19 AM
jcannedy- I understand you mean well and I, personally, agree with what you are saying. However, don't you think you are being a bit presumtious with your tone. Personally I think a non-Marine telling people not to act like Marines is a bit hypocritical. A Marine telling someone not to say Semper Fi or oorah seems a bit more acceptable.

WhiteRabbit
09-16-06, 02:02 AM
While I respect the rules and such, I always thought of saying "Semper Fi" to a Marine is a sign of showing respect to him and the Corps. I even asked my recruiter weither or not it was acceptable in the civilian world and he told me it isn't a problem.

Though, rules are rules, and I will try and refrain from saying it here on these boards.

jcannedy
09-16-06, 05:00 AM
WhiteRabbit I dont give a damn what your recruiter said hes a pog who gafffs off his work. Id love you to say Semper Fi to an 03 n see if they let it slide. I said Semper Fi to my brother once before and he whooped my a**. You have to earn it. It comes along with that ega, and no one can give it to you or take it away from you. So in saying that, NO YOU CAN NOT SAY SEMPER FI UNTIL YOU ARE A UNITED STATES MARINE!

FutureMarine630
09-16-06, 05:05 AM
Josh, you still gotta show recruiters respect, they are Marines as well. So it was kinda disrespectful saying that about their recruiter. Just letting ya know, friendly advice man.

Travis

jcannedy
09-16-06, 05:09 AM
Sandman, I know I am not a Marine yet, but that doesnt mean I cant correct a fellow pooley when he or she messes up. After all we are at the very bottom of the food chain, I mean we arent even fish sperm yet.

jcannedy
09-16-06, 05:20 AM
Thanks for the information, I dont believe I have ever spoken down to or about a Marine. Those words came directly from my brother when he saw it he told me to write that his recruiter is a pog who probably gaffs off his work

Kildars
09-16-06, 05:21 AM
WhiteRabbit I dont give a damn what your recruiter said hes a pog who gafffs off his work. Id love you to say Semper Fi to an 03 n see if they let it slide. I said Semper Fi to my brother once before and he whooped my a**. You have to earn it. It comes along with that ega, and no one can give it to you or take it away from you. So in saying that, NO YOU CAN NOT SAY SEMPER FI UNTIL YOU ARE A UNITED STATES MARINE!
I think you need to step down off your high horse here buddy, you're not a moderator, you're not a Marine, you're just a poolee. A friendly reminder about the rules is okay, but you don't have the right to insult Marines (recruiters or not). Using that tone with other Poolees will get you no where, except maybe another ****ed off Poolee that might whoop your a** before you even think about becoming a Marine. Just because you are behind a keyboard you should still show respect and not act like you take serious offense to a Poolee or someone other than a Marine saying Semper Fi this should show now disrespect to you, as again, you are not a Marine. So telling people what they can and can not say or do on a Marine Corps forum, when you are not a Marine is not your game or your responsibility.

Now I can respect a friendly reminder of the rules, but insulting other poolees, coming off this with hard a** attitude -- or even insulting Marines will not be tolerated by me, and I hope it's not tolerated by the Marines on this board.

My whole family is Marine Corps, Grandpa, Dad, Uncles and Cousins -- some of them gave their lives in nam, and some did recruiting so I take offense to your slandering of recruiting Marines, remember if there were no recruiters you more than likely wouldn't even be a Poolee.

Remember, you aren't a Marine yet, you haven't even stepped on the yellow footprints, so watch your tone until you become a Marine, if you even make it! You have no say on these boards, you are here to learn, that's it. You have not earned a right to attack, insult, or tell people what to do, or express your opinion on most matters. You are here to learn, always remember that.

Now on a side note, the quote in my signature is one of my favorite quotes, and it has special meaning to me cause two of my uncles lost their life in vietnam while in the Corps, so I don't know if I'm allowed to keep the "Semper Fidelis" in that, but if a moderator has a serious issue with it, I will remove it, though no one has said anything to me before about it.

FutureMarine630
09-16-06, 05:33 AM
Thanks for the information, I dont believe I have ever spoken down to or about a Marine. Those words came directly from my brother when he saw it he told me to write that his recruiter is a pog who probably gaffs off his work

Well josh, the smart thing next time would be to let your brother say it and not you, so you dont get in the position you are in now. This way you wont have to get your butt chewed by some Marines, which might happen now. Like i said agian, just friendly advice.

Travis

jcannedy
09-16-06, 05:34 AM
I think you need to step down off your high horse here buddy, you're not a moderator, you're not a Marine, you're just a poolee. A friendly reminder about the rules is okay, but you don't have the right to insult Marines (recruiters or not). Using that tone with other Poolees will get you no where, except maybe another ****ed off Poolee that might whoop your a** before you even think about becoming a Marine. Just because you are behind a keyboard you should still show respect and not act like you take serious offense to a Poolee or someone other than a Marine saying Semper Fi this should show now disrespect to you, as again, you are not a Marine. So telling people what they can and can not say or do on a Marine Corps forum, when you are not a Marine is not your game or your responsibility.

Now I can respect a friendly reminder of the rules, but insulting other poolees, coming off this with hard a** attitude -- or even insulting Marines will not be tolerated by me, and I hope it's not tolerated by the Marines on this board.

My whole family is Marine Corps, Grandpa, Dad, Uncles and Cousins -- some of them gave their lives in nam, and some did recruiting so I take offense to your slandering of recruiting Marines, remember if there were no recruiters you more than likely wouldn't even be a Poolee.

Remember, you aren't a Marine yet, you haven't even stepped on the yellow footprints, so watch your tone until you become a Marine you have no say on these boards, you are here to learn, that's it. You have not earned a right to attack, insult, or tell people what to do, or express your opinion on most matters. You are here to learn, always remember that.

Now on a side note, the quote in my signature is one of my favorite quotes, and it has special meaning to me cause two of my uncles lost their life in vietnam while in the Corps, so I don't know if I'm allowed to keep the "Semper Fidelis" in that, but if a moderator has a serious issue with it, I will remove it, though no one has said anything to me before about it.

Right, So just go ahead and tell me what to do then? Your a hypocritical son of a *****, Correct me about something that my brother was telling me to put on here. He is a god damn United States Marine in 3/5 as I had stated earlier, So in saying that Why would you be trying to correct a United States Marine. Even when this thread or post or whatever this **** is was started he saw me on the website and told me to put that we should never say semper fi until we have earned the right to b/c it ****ed him off when he heard a poolee doing it at my poolee function. I dont give a god damn if your family has served in the Marine Corps, Do you think you are ****ing special? My Grandpa and uncle and his 2 brothers were in the Marine Corps. 2 of them I dont even know because one died and one was mia. You dont see me ****ing saying that that gives me the right to go and correct others. As for getting my ass whooped by Poolees, Sure there may be some big poolee or some ****** mma junkie who want to throw it down with me. Big ****ing deal. Id make sure and **** them up for saying something that they havent earned.

FutureMarine630
09-16-06, 05:38 AM
Josh that is enough now. Quit acting like you are some big a** poolee. Show some respect to the people that are older and obiviously wiser than you. Think before you speak guy, because it will get you in trouble some day. Kildars was perfectly in the right with what he said, and you had NO RIGHT at all to turn on him like you did. Especially dishonoring his family like that. You are JUST a poolee if that. So watch who you disrespect on these forums. I am only a poolee, but i will put you in your spot if you need to be kid. Dont act like a smart a** and start respecting these people.

Kildars
09-16-06, 05:42 AM
Right, So just go ahead and tell me what to do then? Your a hypocritical son of a *****, Correct me about something that my brother was telling me to put on here. He is a god damn United States Marine in 3/5 as I had stated earlier, So in saying that Why would you be trying to correct a United States Marine. Even when this thread or post or whatever this **** is was started he saw me on the website and told me to put that we should never say semper fi until we have earned the right to b/c it ****ed him off when he heard a poolee doing it at my poolee function. I dont give a god damn if your family has served in the Marine Corps, Do you think you are ****ing special? My Grandpa and uncle and his 2 brothers were in the Marine Corps. 2 of them I dont even know because one died and one was mia. You dont see me ****ing saying that that gives me the right to go and correct others. As for getting my ass whooped by Poolees, Sure there may be some big poolee or some ****** mma junkie who want to throw it down with me. Big ****ing deal. Id make sure and **** them up for saying something that they havent earned.
Calm down there kid, you're only 17 -- you're still young and judging from your picture it doesn't seem you're very big -- I don't think you could throw down with very many people.

Your brother is making you post your insults to other Marines? I was correcting you on YOUR tone on here, not what you said. You should try and re-read my post before you try to jump down my ass. Your tone is innapropriate and not needed on these boards.

If you want to promote the rules, poolee, you need to check yourself and read the other rules posted in the very same rulebook you promote.

Rule One you are not a Marine and this is a Marine site therefore you have no rights and are merely a guest that we wish to help achieve your goal!

Rule Five be courteous at all times with your peers and especially with Marines, if you verbally attack someone you will be dealt with severely and disrespect to a Marine will not be tolerated!

You should read that one, poolee.

If your brother has something to say, why doesn't he register, fill out a profile and post it for his damn self, he has more rights to be posting here than you do as he has done his time and has earned his EGA. Does he not have the balls to do it or something? Stop hiding behind your brother and be responsible for YOUR actions, if you get pulled over for speeding, try telling the cop your brother to go faster, or tell your Drill Instructor at boot camp that your brother told you to disrespect Marines. See how far that goes.

You have a lot to learn.

Kildars
09-16-06, 05:46 AM
I'd also love to see you disrespect or dishonor my family who has died, along with many other Marines, to give you the right to even post on these boards -- or speak freely, in my face, or in person.

jcannedy
09-16-06, 05:47 AM
FutureMarine630, Sure. I do believe that there are poolees out there who would **** me up, Big deal. I can take an ass whooping. As for disrespecting his family, Show me where I disrespected his family. "I dont give a god damn if your family has served in the Marine Corps, Do you think you are ****ing special?" That was a comment directly to him. It isnt as if I said something about his family members, so please do not try to correct me. As for you putting me in my place, You live in ****ing Hicktown, USA 5,000 miles away from me. Come to Houston and put me in my place. Please. I would love to see you come and put me in my place. Travel those 5,000 miles so I can whoop your ass

Kildars
09-16-06, 05:50 AM
FutureMarine630, Sure. I do believe that there are poolees out there who would **** me up, Big deal. I can take an ass whooping. As for disrespecting his family, Show me where I disrespected his family. "I dont give a god damn if your family has served in the Marine Corps, Do you think you are ****ing special?" That was a comment directly to him. It isnt as if I said something about his family members, so please do not try to correct me. As for you putting me in my place, You live in ****ing Hicktown, USA 5,000 miles away from me. Come to Houston and put me in my place. Please. I would love to see you come and put me in my place. Travel those 5,000 miles so I can whoop your ass

Your attitude is the same attitude I hear of poolees who don't make it through MCRD, from all the Marines I know, and trust me I know lots. I have heard about kids who go thinking they're tough ****, and get put in place, cry, go home and don't make it.

I will be suprised, due to your very poor attitude towards your future brothers, if you even make it through boot camp, poolee.

FutureMarine630
09-16-06, 05:53 AM
*sits* Ssgt Jim sir, he is all yours. Sorry for the trouble sir.

jcannedy
09-16-06, 06:04 AM
Kildars, No where did I disrespect your family, or any Marines on this forum. My brother is home on leave and he came in my room, he saw me on the forum and told me to look at some topics. He saw that poolees have posted stuff that say Semper Fi so he told me what to post. I posted it and ended up getting corrected by other poolees, big mistake because im getting tired of explaining what happend to you ****ing idiots. Arent you being disrespectful towards my bro when you stated this "Does he not have the balls to do it or something?". ***** I dont have an attitude and I dont think I am a badass or a hardass or whatever yall call faggots who think they are tough **** where you come from. You seem like you think your a badass with all the **** you have been talking. That picture of me is from like 8th grade. The last time I checked people change in 4 years.

FINALLY TO END THIS BULL****. I MEAN NO DISRESPECT TO ANY MARINES, OR ANYONES FAMILY, OR ANY POOLEES. I HAVE NOT SPOKEN DOWN TOWARDS ANY MARINES, OR ANYONES FAMILY. IM TIRED OF HEARING THIS **** ITS OVER THE INTERNET SO JUST ****ING DROP IT. I ON THE OTHER HAND HAVE INTEGRITY AND I WILL NOT SAY SEMPER FI UNTIL I EARN IT. IF ANY ONE ELSE WOULD LIKE TO JOIN ME IN DOING THAT PLEASE DO. THANKS

jcannedy
09-16-06, 06:06 AM
*sits* Ssgt Jim sir, he is all yours. Sorry for the trouble sir.

with all respect to you Ssgt, we dont have to call you sir since you are not an officer, Correct?

Kildars
09-16-06, 06:08 AM
P.S. I apologize for spelling/grammar errors, as I re-read my posts I see some and It's very late and I'm tired, so I'll go to bed now. :).

jcannedy
09-16-06, 06:17 AM
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by jcannedy
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Your attitude is the same attitude I hear of poolees who don't make it through MCRD, from all the Marines I know, and trust me I know lots. I have heard about kids who go thinking they're tough ****, and get put in place, cry, go home and don't make it.

I will be suprised, due to your very poor attitude towards your future brothers, if you even make it through boot camp, poolee.

Kilders, I dont have an attitude, I stick up for myself. He said he will put me in my place, So I responded. I know that alot of people dont make it though MCRD. I dont think I am tough ****. I dont think I can out pt people or whoop their ass, But I will stick up for myself. I cant even run 3 miles in 18 minutes. It takes me 19 somethin to do 3 miles, i can only do 80 somethin crunches in 2 minutes, I can only do about 15 pullups. so No, I dont think I am a badass stud who is going to go to boot and take guide and hold it and kick ass and go to the fleet and be a fireteamleader the first month im there. No way in hell. Im just a regular Joe. I can hold my own though and I will be ****ed with by anyone. Unless they are my DI's or a higher rank, if I make it through boot, which I will either come home a Marine or come home Dead. So in saying that. we will see. But until then everyone please shut the **** up its over.

jcannedy
09-16-06, 06:25 AM
Kildars lets have an internet fight!!! I bet ill beat you up hehehe. I hate you, please go to sleep

jcannedy
09-16-06, 06:33 AM
After closely looking at this forum I found a link that had the rules. Rule Six never use the words Semper Fi, Semper Fidelis or OORAH you do not rate that here until you have earned the title of United States Marine!

Thank you Ssgt Jim Nelson

I only wish I would have found this a Hell of a long time ago

fraser
09-16-06, 08:55 AM
wow

Marine84
09-16-06, 09:13 AM
Josh - it is polite if you say "sir" or "ma'am" to anyone older than you anyway. The Corps will teach you things about etiquette that your Mama and Daddy obviously haven't.

What do you think you're going to call Drill Instructors? Every other word out of your mouth is going to be "sir"! If someone doesn't like being called "sir" or "ma'am", they'll let you know.

jcannedy
09-16-06, 09:52 AM
Marine84 - it is polite to say "sir" or "ma'am" to anyone old than I. That is something that I was taught at a young age and I do say that to show respect. My parents did teach me this and I would appreciate it if you would not critique the way my parents have raised me, you do not know me so do not speak about my family please.

That is fine, in bootcamp Im sure that "Sir!" will be a very popular word comming out of my mouth, But after bootcamp it isnt essential that you say"Sir" or "Ma'am" to every higher ranking enlisted man or woman, it it? From what I have been told it is only essential that you say that to officers. When I stated that in an earlier post I was asking a question, that is why at the end of the sentence I said correct? But thank you very much for setting me straight on this Ma'am.
:)

thedrifter
09-16-06, 10:29 AM
I can say it is better to hear it from a fellow poolee/wanabee..because i have seen when I Marine steps forward and tells YOU....

Not a pretty picture;)

I also believe some folks need to learn a little RESPECT for the Marines around Here;)

Ellie

jcannedy
09-16-06, 10:37 AM
Yes Ma'am! :scared:

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-16-06, 12:37 PM
Now that we have that all out of our system, how about everyone goes and reads the rules, minds their manners, and gives all the profanity a rest. This thread is disgusting.