PDA

View Full Version : Gf's?

i willStay true
09-15-06, 10:56 AM
Is it real hard to keep a girlfriend while you're a marine??
- - my boyfriend is leaving to go to the marines on monday and i'm pretty scared. we have a wonderful relationship and i really love him. I'm willing to be there for him faithfully but I'd just like to know the view of a Marine who has a gf. I want to understand what a marine feels like while he's away from his gf.
Thanks,
Lexx <3

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-15-06, 01:31 PM
WOW, I would guess we've covered this about seven billion times in the last couple of months. You can look through the poolee forums and find plenty about the subject. But, since you asked...

Most relationships don't work. Everyone says they will stay faithful and wait, but then reality sets in. You don't see each other for months at a time, you no longer "share" a life but each live your own lives. You meet people, he meets people, and sooner or later it just isn't worth the trouble anymore.

Yes, there are exceptions. But, in most cases it doesn't work out.

Marine84
09-15-06, 02:54 PM
First off, PLEASE tell me that your boyfriend IS NOT 18 yet! AND IF he is already - WHERE IS YOUR MOTHER? Does he (and your Mom) realize that you are jailbait and that they BOTH could be in big trouble?

And you may as well get ready sweetie........................chances are he may see you when he comes home every now and then but......................that will be about as far as it will go. You'll start seeing new guys, he's going to meet women and do God only knows what. Have you ever heard the saying "out of sight, out of mind"? It's true.

Just wish him luck and remember the time that you've had as being fun. You're only 15, men are going to come and go out of your life before you settle down with one. Just support him when he goes.

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-15-06, 03:20 PM
Come on Marine84, you don't know they're doing anything that could get him into trouble. I am going to assume they're not, just so that the trouble doesn't get started here.

Marine84
09-16-06, 09:22 AM
Echo - you so funny! :p

Echo5November
09-17-06, 11:23 AM
He was probably cheating on you while you were posting this question. Cheating on his 15 year old g/f with a 13 year old girl. Sicko.

Marine84
09-17-06, 07:25 PM
Lol!

Marine84
09-20-06, 12:18 PM
Evidently this one ain't getting the answers she wants either.

His_angel
09-20-06, 01:29 PM
Here ya go kiddo!

You are 15 for goodness sakes. I still remember a couple of guys I thought were the "love of my life" when I was your age. And several that came after them.

You have several years of schooling left yet. Dances, proms, parties and all that goes with being in high school. Long distance relationships are hard enough. Long distance AND with a Marine while you're still in high school? Sure. You might be willing to wait {for a while} as long as you think he's the best thing since sliced bread. Though many don't even make it through boot.

Him? He'll be out gaining new experiences, meeting new people and going to new places. He will be gone for months maybe even a year at the time. It's all to easy to have a girl in each port without the gal at home finding out. Not all think that way. I've known a fair amount that did.

There's also the distrust factor. He calls one friday night and you aren't home? Or you call him early Saturday morning and there's no answer and later he says he just didn't hear the phone. Thoughts of cheating begin to creep in if one of you are or aren't.

It's the same story played over and over every day with many. It seldom comes out with the "happily ever after" and the young boy from home rescueing the young gal from the little town where she feels like she's drowning and going no where and the only job she can work is Mikey D's.

Heck. Don't take my word for it. Give it a try and learn for yourself. He'll appreciate the letters in boot and the visit home after boot. Chances are if you can make it through boot he probably won't cut the strings before that. He'll at least wait till he's at a duty station somewhere and has the opportunity to meet some other females.

i willStay true
09-22-06, 07:14 PM
okay thanks,, didn't really help but i can only judge the situation i have with my boyfriend, who is approved by both my parents and we don't do anything stupid. but its kool , i'm not going to consider what each of you have said but it doesnt mean that i'm going to agree. thanks for trying though.

Marine84
09-22-06, 10:11 PM
That's OK sweetie - come back after a few years and touch base with us again. If you don't want to hear the truth, you should not go on ANY Marine site and ask a question that you don't want the truth about.

You asked - we answered........................

His_angel
09-22-06, 10:39 PM
Lex,

That's okay. Advice is free. Take it or leave it. Though most of us have been there on one side of the fence or the other. Some of us have been on both sides at various times. Of course at your age I didn't listen to others either. I had to learn the hard way. So you go ahead and think he'll be faithful. And you go ahead and think you won't have any temptations to stray. You may not being only 15. But to think he won't? You are dillusional at least. Don't listen to what any of us {who HAVE BEEN THERE} have to say.

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-23-06, 02:11 AM
I wish you all the luck in the world. I feel for you, because what you're about to go through won't be fun, and the chances of it ending well isn't good. Sorry we couldn't give you the answer you were wanting, but integrity is a part of life around here.

Marine84
09-23-06, 02:21 PM
Amen Echo!

gonzokilla
09-29-06, 01:45 PM
haha, here is one thing to expect....emotionless, for atleast a couple of days after he gets back. I remember when i finished boot camp i didn't feel a thing and seeing my girlfriend again really wasn't a big deal. it will phase out so dont get too worried but as a marine he's going to be traveling alot so expect to have to work on long distance. sorry to say many relationships dont work

LivinSoFree
10-02-06, 03:02 PM
Man, I'll tell you the truth. When I got back from boot camp, I hung out with my girlfriend a little bit, but it wasn't long before I decided it was time for this Jarhead to play, and that plan didn't involve a high-maintainance girlfriend who's biological clock was on fast-forward. Broke it off, haven't looked back since. Good thing too, she dear johned another Marine in the middle of his deployment to Iraq and popped out a kid shortly thereafter. Dodged that bullet.

Bottom line? Who cares?! You're 15, this guy's a good bit older, and he's gonna very quickly realize that there's a whole world of women out there to *ahem* become friendly with. Fidelity is NOT in the cards. Don't be too disappointed.