PDA

View Full Version : poolee

DawnMarie
01-13-03, 10:37 AM
I thought maybe we could start new on this one ...

Name( if you choose )
your location (if youd like )
and what you want to do and why you want to be a MARINE ..

DONT POST ANYTHING THAT WE DONT NEED TO KNOW !!!!!

BEFORE I ANSWER MY OWN QUESTION ILL SEE IF I GET BASHED FOR IT THERE WERE MIXED EMOTIONS ON THE LAST POST ..

:bunny: JELLYBEAN

DawnMarie
01-13-03, 06:41 PM
humm I think this is gettin ignored ? Hello ??

young_dog19
01-14-03, 04:14 PM
Name: Best not to say online
What I want to do: Combat Correspondant
Why I want to be a Marine: To become more confident, more respectful, more respected, and to become a better person in general.

Lock-n-Load
01-14-03, 06:16 PM
:marine: You seem like a good enough kid, but here's two [2] corrections...#1...it's [sacrifice] not sacrafice...#2...it's [Marine] not marine....we better start "snapping you in" before the DIs start chewing you on your rump...24/7...OK, kid??? Semper Fi :marine:

MarineMP02
01-14-03, 08:13 PM
my name is Jonathan
I live in Florida
I want to Be a Military Policeman, hopefully qualify for K-9
I want to be a Marine :marine: because its something i've always wanted to do since i was little. The title Marine has intangible virtues that comes with it. SEMPER FIDELIS:marine:

Seeley
01-14-03, 09:24 PM
My name is Shawn
I live in Washington (state)
I want to me an MP because I have met several Marine MP's that went to police work after they got out of the service and they look good. I always want to help people too so I guess that would be another reason. As for why I want to be a Marine, well let’s just say that I've been pushed to be the best that I can my whole life and I don't plan of giving up anytime soon. I love the feeling of even being around Marines. They wear their uniforms with pride and stand tall. They are respectful, respectable, and the pride and brotherhood/sisterhood that runs through it is unbreakable. There is much more that I could list here for reasons I want to be a Marine but I have a feeling you are all getting my point.

Lock-n-Load
01-15-03, 12:08 AM
:marine: Don't ever forget what you just stated in above post...you might just make through Marine Boot Camp...good luck, kid:marine:

DawnMarie
01-15-03, 12:36 AM
to answer my own question .. I ve wanted to be Marine since I was a kid because my father was a Marine. and when Igot older
I started to understand why he did things ....and why he had to do it a certain way .. And now I learned the reason why !
The Marines made him a better person , a stronger , smarter
and before my dad left I think i thought the Corps would bring us closer ..

# 2 From hanging out with Marines and drilling, pting , running I see there drive I see ther motivation and I want it .
I want to be able to say Im a Marine.. just the words Marine
is so powerful ..
I want to be able to get that respect and pride that I see in the MARINES ..

Im not joining for money or college , Im joining for the Title !

I have many more reasons but this is a touchy subject for me so ill just leave as is
Dawn

DevilPup2004
01-15-03, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Seeley
I love the feeling of even being around Marines.
I was fortunate enough to be able to spend a day aboard Quantico MCB as part of the Friends of NRA's Youth Education Summit last June. Everyone had known since the first day of the trip that I hope to become a Marine. The night before we went aboard the MCB, I was just so pumped up, so motivated. Most of the others thought I was crazy. I looked at them and said, "There's just nothing like being in the presence of Marines." They shook their heads and walked off. I continued grinning from ear to ear and counting down the hours and minutes. The next day, they found out that I was right.

They are respectful, respectable, and the pride and brotherhood/sisterhood that runs through it is unbreakable.
When I got home from that trip, I gave a presentation at a local Friends of NRA banquet. When I got to the part about Quantico MCB, I mentioned that the reason it meant so much to me was because I hope to become a Marine someday. Someone in the crowd let out a war cry (not the watered down "Oorah," a REAL war cry.) I looked at where the war cry had come from, and there sat a man who must've been in his 70s, with what little bit of white hair he had still carefully shaped into a High and Tight. Had I thought for a millisecond, I would've said something to the extent of "Semper Fi, Marine," but I was so excited, and somehow surprised, to see a Marine that I couldn't think of anything to say. Anyway, for my fellow wannabes, I'm sure you've heard the phrase "You can take the Marine out of the Corps, but you can't take the Corps out of the Marine." A lot of that has to do with Pride. Pride in country and Corps. That's something I want to be a part of. Hopefully I've got what it takes.

wrbones
01-15-03, 11:19 AM
70 years old and still has the heart of a Marine!

Ya gotta love that ****!

Seeley
01-15-03, 07:15 PM
:) DevilPup2004, that's just awesome! :) I get to go to Quantico MCB as a part of my trip to DC this February and in past years atendees were permitted to use simulation equipment on the ranges! :D

More information on my trip:
(National Youth Leadership Forum on Defense, Intelligence and Diplomacy)
http://www.nylf.org/did/did_home.html

DevilPup2004
01-15-03, 09:46 PM
Aha! I've heard of that! Sounds good to go to me!

As for my trip, http://www.nrafoundation.org/friends/yes/ . Best week of my life. And no, I'm not in any of those pictures. They need to update the 'site. :p

dagoose
02-01-03, 03:33 PM
Randy
Georgia

I allways wanted to be in the military I sat down one day and talked to each branch's recruiters. All were the same old thing with the we can give you more money or promise you a better job. Then I remember looking at that sharp dress uniform and remembering how slobish some of the other recruiters were kinda turned me away. Then I remember asking him what can he offer me in the Marine Corps. He sat me down and asked me what Iwanted to do and what could I offer the Marine Corps. That hooked me. Then I joined my MCJROTC program and have exceled gretely through the ranks. I ship out to MCRD Paris Island June 16,2003.

leroy8541
02-01-03, 09:43 PM
yeah I love that line gets them every time. 99.9% need not apply!! We offer you nothing but a young unnatural death, blood sweat and tears,and if we don't mind you don't matter. Its the arrogance that wins in the end you will not learn it, it will come with the confidence of knowing you are the best. yea tho i walk thru the valley of the shadow of death, i will fear no evil, because i am the evilest motherf**ker in the valley!!!!

USMCFOREVER
02-10-03, 02:02 PM
Eric
Florida
As for why I want to join...well my father and two of my uncles are former Marines, I guess you can say its in my blood. Aside from that, I guess the only other reason I'm joining is to be a Marine, to know what it feels like to be part of the best and most elite military in the world. And hey dagoose, I'm leaving June 16th to, cool huh?

Sixguns
02-10-03, 04:30 PM
I appreciate your desire to become a COMBAT CORRESPONDENT, but maybe we should learn how to spell it!! HAHAHAHA

I'm not just Sixguns, I are a combat correspondent!!! LOL

Phoenix Rogue
02-10-03, 07:25 PM
Name: Eduardo
What I want to do: Assault Man
Why I want to be a Marine: Self Displine - Pride - Honor -

:) And the uniform

wrbones
02-10-03, 07:32 PM
OK, Eddie. How old are you? We'll start there I guess. You sound like yer about twelve with what I've seen so far.

I don't believe "assault man" is an MOS in the Marine Corps.

There is a list of MOS descriptions posted in the POOL-ee and Mentor forums. Why don't ya start there.

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW IS POSTED THERE! READ.

Then if you have a question, ask, politely and with respect, and you'll get an answer every time.

jtresid
02-10-03, 07:41 PM
Assault man is (I believe) a shortened version of "Anti-Tank Assualt man" MOS 0351

at least that's what they told me when I graduated as an 0351 from SOI.

wrbones
02-10-03, 07:48 PM
Thank you.

Earle Comstock
02-10-03, 07:51 PM
Yea , thats 106's I think (0351) , 0352 is a Dragon gunner , I was both . 1977 they phased out 106's , and brought out the Dragon .
I was always curious about the Ontose , never got to see one fire .

Osotogary
02-10-03, 07:53 PM
This cartoon came to mind. No disrespect intended.
Gary

jtresid
02-10-03, 08:23 PM
when I got my DD214 the 0351 MOS was responsible for the SMAW, Dragon, and general bunker-busting, I believe that they either phased out or are in the process of phasing out the Dragon and replacing it with the Javelin (F&F) and the 0352 MOS is a "TOW-Gunner", the Recoiless was a bit before my time, and while I wouldn't want to carry one too far, I do regret not being able to play with a flame-thrower for a bit.
Sorry for rambling. SEMPER FI

wrbones
02-10-03, 08:31 PM
LMAO @ Osotogary! We get more of 'em like that here than I care to think about. The longer I'm out, the more I'm thankful I DIDN'T become a recruiter! I got no patience for it! LOL

jtresid
02-10-03, 08:34 PM
UGH. nothing gives me the chills quite as much as the thought of being a recruiter.... I had/have a hard enough time with *shudder* civilians without trying to convince 'em they should sign up....just shouldn't need convincing in my book......either you wanna....or you don't wanna....or you can't......
there I go rambling again......

Phoenix Rogue
02-10-03, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by wrbones

OK,

Eddie. How old are you? We'll start....

I don't believe "assault man" is ...

There is a list of MOS ...

EVERYTHING YOU NEED ...

Then if you have a question,...

I've learned better than to try and explain myself.
But I appretiate you keping me in step Sir.
Im just glad you Leathernecks let us have a place here.

leroy8541
02-10-03, 08:45 PM
those TOW's are some bad azz toys!!

SHOOTER1
02-10-03, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by USMCFOREVER
Eric
Florida
As for why I want to join...well my father and two of my uncles are former Marines, I guess you can say its in my blood. Aside from that, I guess the only other reason I'm joining is to be a Marine, to know what it feels like to be part of the best and most elite military in the world. And hey dagoose, I'm leaving June 16th to, cool huh? First thing to learn, UNLESS YOUR DEAD, YOU ARE NOT A FORMER MARINE..... We are Marines, we are just not being paid, we do it , because we were made into Marines forever.:marine: