PDA

View Full Version : Company Honor Man ???'s

FooDawg
09-13-06, 11:33 PM
Im curious, how does one achieve this at bootcamp? What is required of a recruit to attain this title? PFT and shooting scores maxxed? Just being a good squared away recruit? What is the extra little bit that is necessary to put you above (not really above or better, but you know what I mean) the rest?

jinelson
09-14-06, 10:43 AM
The link below offers some personal advice from one of our members that recently accomplished this.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34635

FooDawg
09-14-06, 11:02 AM
Thanks Jinelson.
I did a quick search last night, but couldnt scrounge up too much. I appreciate it.

PerXes
09-14-06, 10:20 PM
Unfortunately, they don't let SDI's even pick recruits anymore, hardly. In my platoon, we had 2 squad leaders who didn't get promoted. This was because the brass didn't let the SDI pick who to promote, but picked themselves...unfortunately it's all numbers for them, they don't give a crap about how good of a recruit the recruit is.

arrugha
09-15-06, 09:32 AM
Your bearing and your ability to assert yourself as a leader within the platoon. Your knowledge, skills and abilities shoud be outstanding and at the tops of the platoon. Remember the Company Honor Man is the most outstanding out of numerous outstanding men. You must constantly strive to be the best and make those around you the best. If you are an individual you are destined for failure, should you choose to lead you may potentially become an Honor Man...FYI I was the Company Honor Man in Delta Co MCRD San Deigo, MCT and SOI...set your goals and become a leader of Marines.

FooDawg
09-15-06, 03:30 PM
Thanks for all the responses everyone. I appreciate the input.