PDA

View Full Version : I have a few questions

Hectic
09-13-06, 08:05 AM
Okay here's the deal I don't know which MOS I want I kind of want an 0300, but I also kind of want 2161. I am torn because a lot of people I know are going to be mad at me if I take an 0300, But I want to be able to tell my children or my grandchildren (if I have any) that I did that, I went to fight in that war I stood up when my country asked for soldiers and said I will go. Also I got a 72 on the A.S.V.A.B. so I was wondering how good that is, I already know I did better than most of the kids at my school since I am one of the few that got above a 29.
And lastly I am 6'4" and I weigh about 230, but I am a fat boy so any tips and such on how to get into shape is appreciated. But I am not fat because of what or how much I eat I just have really bad metabolism. Any and all help is appreciated.

FooDawg
09-13-06, 10:55 AM
There is a slew of threads with this same exact question. Noone on this forum can tell you what to do. Your recruiter CAN NOT tell you which MOS to choose. Your family CAN NOT tell you which MOS to choose. Your friends CAN NOT tell you which MOS to choose. Your girlfriend CAN NOT tell you which MOS to choose. A part of becoming an adult is making decisions for yourself and not allowing others to do that for you.

ONLY YOU can decide. If you want to go infantry, THEN GO FOR IT. If not, then do something else. You are gonna need to get into shape no matter what MOS you choose so do a forum search for the armstrong pullup method. If you DEPed in, you should have gotten a welcome aboard package that contains a little book on what to do to PT based on time till shipping date. Just check out any of the hundreds of threads on here and read read read. All your questions have already been answers. Good luck in your decision.

Achped
09-13-06, 11:07 AM
FooDawg, if you have a garbage recruiter like I do, she will have picked your MOS for you and you still will not have gotten a Welcome Aboard package...even 2 months after you DEP in. :mad:

J-Ro
09-13-06, 12:09 PM
go too a different Recruiter Achped!!!
she won't be thinking about you when it's all said and Done, I promise.
if she is trying to push you through anything take your enlistment to a different Marine.

Achped
09-13-06, 05:20 PM
That's what I've been told, but how the heck do I do that? Everyone else in my county is subordinate to her!

J-Ro
09-13-06, 05:31 PM
I don't have the answer to that, because I'm not in your county.
But, you need to talk to someone else or tell her that your not going to commit to anything unless you comfortable doing soo. Like I said it's your enlistment

your going to have to look around, plus research, is what your asking her realilistic or is it off the wall.
your going to have to do your homework.

Kildars
09-13-06, 05:41 PM
Isn't there a rule that if you've been processed (gone through meps) with one recruiter you have to wait 6 months or something to start with another one?

I remember when I switched recruiters the Sgt I talked to said, "Okay it's been six months since you last went to meps etc.." Is that not true?

Achped
09-13-06, 06:41 PM
your going to have to look around, plus research, is what your asking her realilistic or is it off the wall.
your going to have to do your homework.

I want an 0300 contract. Nothing more.