PDA

View Full Version : I'm back, Devil Dogs!

Zippo
09-12-06, 05:03 PM
I finally made it through those 13 weeks, graduated from 3rd Bn India Co. on Sept. 8th!!

If anybody has any questions about ANYTHING, dont hesitate to PM me while it's fresh in my mind.

I was the Scribe for my platoon, what a bs job that is, hahaha! I still hear my DI shouting "Scrrrriiiiiiiiiiibe!!!!!!" and me just being like "oh SH*T".
Haha, good stuff.

Shot a 229 on the range.

That about covers everything!

Hope everybody had a good summer.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/antipants840/DSCN0407.jpg

yellowwing
09-12-06, 05:22 PM
Semper Fi Marine! Welcome to the Brotherhood :usmc:

JWG
09-12-06, 06:02 PM
Congratulations!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, MARINE! GOD BLESS YA!

Achped
09-12-06, 06:52 PM
Awesome job! Got any neat stories? How'd you pick up scribe?

J-Ro
09-12-06, 07:04 PM
Feels good Right,

Now the easy part is done

Semper Fi, Marine

We live like soldiers, talk like sailors and slap the hell out of both of them.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Master Sephiroth
09-12-06, 07:06 PM
Congratulations, Marine

WhiteRabbit
09-12-06, 07:58 PM
Congratulations!

vicbx2006
09-12-06, 08:19 PM
Congratulations Marine!

outlaw3179
09-12-06, 08:37 PM
Congratulations Marine, enjoy your time at home , and make sure to get plety of rack PT. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

jinelson
09-12-06, 08:46 PM
Congratulations Marine Outstanding! Matt Im sure is proud of your accomplishment. Your mission now is to enjoy your well deserved leave, conquer MCT, and become the best NBC Marine in the Corps. OORAH!!! Rick you made me proud and you are looking sharp!

Semper Fi

Jim :)

fraser
09-12-06, 09:06 PM
Congratulations

His_angel
09-12-06, 09:16 PM
Congratulations and welcome back!

Zippo
09-12-06, 11:49 PM
Awesome job! Got any neat stories? How'd you pick up scribe?

I picked up Scribe because I was the only one in my platoon who had any real college. A few others just had some community college credits.

And hahaha ofcourse I have tons of stories. But the best thing I can tell you is to go become a Marine and make your own stories. I know I will never forget some of the things that happened on the Island!

Congratulations Marine Outstanding! Matt Im sure is proud of your accomplishment. Your mission now is to enjoy your well deserved leave, conquer MCT, and become the best NBC Marine in the Corps. OORAH!!! Rick you made me proud and you are looking sharp!

Semper Fi

Jim :)
Thanks Jim. That means alot. I'm proud that I've gone out and earned my place among you. It's a great feeling being able to call myself a US Marine, and know that it's something no one can ever take away!!

To all the poolee's out there, there's one thing I want to tell all of you that I wish someone had told me before I left. I was always worried that I wouldn't have what it took. That's normal. But to tell you the straight truth, if you're worried about that, you have what it takes. Trust me.
There ARE the 10% who can't make it through. But I will tell you-- the nerds make it through. The fat kids make it through (even if you go to PCP, you will eventually make it). The ONLY recruits (in my experience) that did not make it are the ones with the ego. Go ahead and think you're a badass before you go. Your Drill Instructors will see right through you and make your life hell until you break. And then you'll either do something stupid to get yourself kicked out, or get fixed. That all depends on the individual.

Point is, just know that they key to getting through training is wanting it. If deep down, you want to become a Marine, boot is a breeze. Semper Fi.

Mama
09-12-06, 11:57 PM
Lookin' Good there Zippo!

Congratulations! On both Graduation and your chevron :)

God Bless ya!

WJason777
09-13-06, 12:35 AM
Congratulations, Welcome back

WJason777
09-13-06, 12:43 AM
I see that you earned Rifle Expert. Did you already knew how to shot befor boot camp?

Adam1988
09-13-06, 01:29 AM
I've heard some Marines say boot camp was so hard and dragged out and it was the hardest thing they've done in their life. I've heard other Marines say boot camp was so easy they wish they could do it again. How was your view on it? What was the hardest time in boot camp?

LEADEROFMARINES
09-13-06, 01:36 AM
Congrats PFC! Welcome Home! You'll love being a part of this great "BROTHERHOOD!" Enjoy your leave and don't play too hard!;) Semper Fidelis!:iwo:

rsta
09-13-06, 05:12 AM
Congratulations, Marine! Enjoy your leave.

Zippo
09-15-06, 01:09 AM
I see that you earned Rifle Expert. Did you already knew how to shoot before boot camp?

Somewhat. But I'd never had any coaching, I just shot at public ranges on my own. Just listen to everything your instructor tells you, and DO it. Shooting's alot like golf, I found out. There's a few techniques you need to grasp, and then once you learn how to do them all at the same time, it's a piece of cake. Don't just think you can do it your way, or you'll be spending an extra 2 weeks at Parris Island (or SD).

Don't stress out about the shooting book you receive, sometimes it's confusing at first-- but once you get out on the range and start actually plotting shots and making your own adjustments you will grasp it very quickly and see how simple it really is.

I've heard some Marines say boot camp was so hard and dragged out and it was the hardest thing they've done in their life. I've heard other Marines say boot camp was so easy they wish they could do it again. How was your view on it? What was the hardest time in boot camp?

For me, there was no "hardest part", because everything you do on Parris Island is so short. You constantly move from one activity to another. Even during the really exhausting parts like BWT and The Crucible, just keep reminding yourself it can't last forever, and that will make it pass pretty quick.

Boot camp can fly, or it can drag out. If the "games" the Drill Instructors use on you p*ss you off, then yes, you're going to hate it. Just try not to let anything get in your head and remember everything they do is an attempt to make you lose your mind. You'll see recruits who can't handle being told what to do 24/7. Just DON'T be one of them. Especially in the beginning... that's when they find their favorites.

So-- was it the worst experience of my life? Definitely not.
Do I want to do it again? No thanks.
Am I glad I did it? Hell yea. Being called Marine makes it all worth it. Ask any Marine on this board and I guarantee you'll get the same answer.