PDA

View Full Version : Funeral Detail question

Lancecorporal
09-12-06, 01:18 PM
:usmc:During a funeral detail,when using the M-16A2. I noticed Marines who fire off the salutes, pull the charging handle to the rear after each shot, as if the weapon was not realesing the expended round. (Like a bolt action rifle) Do they just pull the charging handle back, and release a round, and pick them up after the ceremony? If you know the answer I would appreciate a reply. Semper Fi:usmc:

jerryk
09-12-06, 01:48 PM
l/cpl: i am on our v.f.w. post 2621 hornor guard in liberty texas we use the m-i,s with a blank adepter on then at a milarty funeral on acive service they dont use a blank adp. you have to pull the bolt back to chamber another round, and we pick the brass up for the reason of when they cut the grass a spent rd. will not mess up a lawn mower blade ,simple

outlaw3179
09-12-06, 02:35 PM
On a few of the details some of the rounds were presented to the family. Either given to them or tucked in the flag.

SgtDvlDog3
09-12-06, 04:39 PM
Normally with a M-16A2 when firing blanks in training there is a blank firing attachment (bfa) attached to the flash suppressor of the rifle. Since there is no round being discharged there and no...

booksbenji
09-13-06, 07:32 PM
Outlaw, This very true on the rounds being placed in the the Flag of Honor!:thumbup:

outlaw3179
09-13-06, 08:46 PM
Yeah Ive been a part of a few details where we either tucked them in or presented them directly to the family. It really meant alot to them.

Lancecorporal
09-18-06, 07:21 PM
Thanks Sergeants Jerry K and DevilDog 3. Semper Fi