PDA

View Full Version : Finally Made It...

MarinePoolee911
09-12-06, 10:43 AM
It was a long three months but well worth it. For all you poolees study knowledge and have your recruiter teach you some drill movements. Be loud move with speed and intensity and you will be the guide in no time. I picked up guide right away and kept it the whole time even got a promotion out of it now im working on going back lance corporal. 1 down 1 to go. Good Luck OORAH :flag:

jinelson
09-12-06, 10:54 AM
Welcome back Marine and congratulations on the promotion you made it the hard way. Hows the wrist doing? You made me proud well done Bruce.

Semper Fi

Jim :)

Achped
09-12-06, 10:55 AM
Oh that's it?!?! I know you're on leave but you can't leave us with just that!!! :)

Congratulations on making PFC

How'd you keep guide? Was it hard? Were you a fast runner and in good shape?

Did it seem like you were there forever? Us poolees need guidance Marine! Haha, just messing...well we do, but im just kidding....sort of. Not really. Help us out! ;)

WJason777
09-12-06, 10:57 AM
Welcome back,
Question, if you already took ROTC in high school for 2 years, and you get guide in boot camp or honor grad, what will your rank be after boot?

FooDawg
09-12-06, 11:04 AM
I think highest rank you can take out of boot is PFC. Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i've never heard of anyone coming out with LCpl. I got my PFC promotion because of college credits.

Bige1371
09-12-06, 12:03 PM
It is possible to leave Boot Camp as a Lcpl.

Adam1988
09-12-06, 12:16 PM
A buddy of mine, Robert Myricks, left boot camp a LCpl.

JWG
09-12-06, 06:04 PM
WELCOME BACK, AND MISSION WELL ACCOMPLISHED, MARINE!

J-Ro
09-12-06, 07:06 PM
Urrr...

"No better friend...
No worse enemy" <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

vicbx2006
09-12-06, 08:23 PM
Congratulations Marine!

MarinePoolee911
09-12-06, 09:00 PM
The company honorman is the only one who will be a lance corporal and its not hard to get. My PFT score wasnt perfect thats only one aspect of it. From day one in recieving the drill instructors are peeking in looking for a good canidate. Like i said before Be loud and move with speed and intensity and the job is yours. Im going back to SOI as a lance corporal but it didnt come easy im working my ass off. Just got here and got one refurral and a second one almost there. i havent even started my seven days of RA. I heard it before i left and i know for sure now its all mental. Just keep your head up and stand out and dont ever forget the three core values that will soon be forever in your heart. HONOR COURAGE COMMITTMENT.

OORAH

His_angel
09-12-06, 09:18 PM
Congratulations and welcome back!

FooDawg
09-12-06, 09:20 PM
Oh nice. Thanks for the info everyone. Now I have something else to drive me, but earning my LCpl with time is cool too. Either way, becoming a marine will be the first step.

jinelson
09-12-06, 11:15 PM
FooDawg thats the attitude and motivation that I and most Staff Non Commissioned Officers look for!

OORAH!!!

Jim

Mama
09-12-06, 11:59 PM
Welcome home and congratulations!!!!!!!!

Good to Go now :D

LEADEROFMARINES
09-13-06, 01:48 AM
Congrats PFC! Welcome to the family. Stay moto and enjoy your leave! Semper Fidelis. :flag: