PDA

View Full Version : Ya left the gate unguarded-another fng reports in

greybeard
01-12-03, 11:55 PM
That'll teach you. Well, been browsing around & found this place-wasn't easy either. You'd be suprised what a "USMC forum" search will turn up.
I'm not old corps, just old.
Boot out in San Diego in 69-ITR in the usual place. On to NAS Millington for some electronics and then to MAG-14 at Ch PT for a year in H&MS-14 GSE (Ground Support)
MMAF (Marble Mtn Air Facility) was my next stop for a year with MAG-16, HMH 463. Best in the world IMO.
Spent the rest of my enlistment back @ millington as an instructor.
This looks like a good place to spend some time.
Somebody want to clue me in on the do's & don'ts?
Anything off limits?
Yep, I read the FAQ already.
Thanks
Don

SHOOTER1
01-13-03, 12:05 AM
Welcome greybeard, what the heck, whats one more roter head, hey least we saw same teritorry, ie. MarbleMtn, was in that area in 65-66 3rd Mar. Support Maint. it is a goo place to spend time, even some decent firefights now and them, as for do s and dont s, treat it like your house, whats good there is good here, it sometimes gits out of hand, but alls well that ends well, Semper Fi. Bro.

greybeard
01-13-03, 12:13 AM
treat it like my house huh-I'd be as quiet & subdued as a boot on yellow footprints in that case. Jane keeps me on a short leash round th house.

wrbones
01-13-03, 12:26 AM
Didn't think I was watchin, huh! LOL.

Naw. Just be yerself and keep it somewhere around around PG-17.

Word came down awhile back not to post any nekkid pics. Seems we got the recruit command lookin things over and such. Any personal attacks, take it behind the barracks, ( PM or email ) and other than that find a rack, throw yer bag inna corner and grab a brew!

Yer Home, Marine.

Barndog
01-13-03, 04:17 AM
Recruit Command?

You rotten SOB Bones (he's tryin to get us to re enlist)

I spent a little time at 'The Pit'. Havenot, NC - they din't have not nuttin when I was there. Especially coming from Pendleton and Mag-39. Like going from one world to a 5th world country, and they don't even know what developing is yet. LOL

Grab a beer. Burn the firewatch list.

Semper FI

leroy8541
01-13-03, 06:04 AM
Welcome aboard greybeard we can always use a few more wingers aboard you guys do what you do. and we'll be lookin fer yer opinions in the forums soon.

Sempers

oh yeah I live just 45 min. from Millington nice place.

thedrifter
01-13-03, 06:55 AM
Welcome Aboard to the Best Marine Site on the net. Also welcome to your home away from home................
We have a great crew of Marines in here from WW II to the present............
Throw your sea bag in a corner, pull up a footlocker, sit and chat awhile.........Get a chance stop over at the Slope Chute, Gary and I will buy you a few drinks........But watch out for Chesty.......likes his beer, only dog I found could open a beer can........LOL

"AGAIN WELCOME ABOARD AND HOME."

Sempers,

Roger

tazz
02-07-03, 05:48 AM
Hey guys here is another rotor head, got an extra bunk? Guess I am following Don (greybeard). I promise to sit in the corner and wont make much noise.

wrbones
02-07-03, 06:05 AM
Tazz, as long as ya ain't memorizin' torque values yer good to go!

Throw yer sea bag inna corner, grab a rack and a beer!

Yer Home, Marine!