PDA

View Full Version : Finally, I'm In....

Future5711
09-11-06, 08:06 AM
Saturday 9/9/06, I finally DEP'd into the USMC. I'm scheduled to leave March 1-March 15, 2007. I haven't picked and MOS yet, but I'm looking at NBC (obviously), Intelligence, Logistics, and Marine Air/Ground Task Force Plans. I'm trying to gather information about each and then decide.

Friday night I took the ASVAB and scored a 96, my line scores were all 120+. The only things I can't do are combat MOS's (obviously), Military Police, and Motor Transport. The last two I am disqualified from due to my height.

I'm pretty excited, but I'm sure as my date gets closer I'll be nervous and wondering what in the hell I just did. It took my three years to get to this point, so I'm pretty happy about it now. I'm just hoping my family comes around eventually, because now, they are definitely not happy.

Marusak
09-11-06, 08:20 AM
CONGRATS!

I got a question though....why no combat mos's?

Also....I never heard of a height restriction on MP?

JmikeJr88
09-11-06, 08:23 AM
Well congrats on DEPing. I hope your family comes around by the time you leave too. If they dont then just make sure you make it through and trust me you made the best decision of your life. Your parents will be the happiest alive once they see you graduate, it's jsut the way parents are. I leave Oct 23rd. I'm just glad theirs support but if their was none, I still know that Im doing the best thing for myself. Keep that in mind

WJason777
09-11-06, 10:13 AM
Congrats
I am happy for you. I am just waiting to get cleared at MEPS so i could go back down there and get sworn in.

Future5711
09-11-06, 10:13 AM
CONGRATS!

I got a question though....why no combat mos's?

Also....I never heard of a height restriction on MP?

I can't do combat MOS's because I'm a female. Also the height minimum for an MP is 5'5, I'm only 5' tall.

jinelson
09-11-06, 10:20 AM
Congratulations and welcome aboard! Many are called but few are chosen!

Jim

LEADEROFMARINES
09-11-06, 04:25 PM
OORAH Jessica! I'm so very proud of you!:) Told you all things would work out. Doesn't it just make you want it even more? I'll be emailing you shortly. Stay moto about everything. Chat a few with my Ssgt (jinelson). I was a youngster when I first mean't him and I tell you what... If it wasn't for him, I don't know what would be going on with me right now. There are alot of great "Mentors" around here, plus these poolees usually dish out some good suggestions and advice. Get active in this community and I promise you it'll bless you. Stay moto. :iwo:

FooDawg
09-11-06, 05:23 PM
Hey Jessica, if you are up to it, since you mentioned it took 3 years to get to this point, maybe you want to contribute to this thread I made to try and motivate poolees/wannabes that are having a tough time with MEPs and DEPing in. Thanks. If not, thats cool.
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34437

CONGRATZ!!!

WJason777
09-11-06, 08:47 PM
OORAH Jessica! I'm so very proud of you!:) Told you all things would work out. Doesn't it just make you want it even more? I'll be emailing you shortly. Stay moto about everything. Chat a few with my Ssgt (jinelson). I was a youngster when I first mean't him and I tell you what... If it wasn't for him, I don't know what would be going on with me right now. There are alot of great "Mentors" around here, plus these poolees usually dish out some good suggestions and advice. Get active in this community and I promise you it'll bless you. Stay moto. :iwo:
Could you mentor me? I am having some problems with MEPs

Future5711
09-12-06, 07:23 AM
Congratulations and welcome aboard! Many are called but few are chosen!

Jim

Thanks!! I'll have to get in touch with you as LEADEROFMARINES suggested.

Achped
09-12-06, 10:48 AM
Man I can't decide whether or not to do intel or infantry. I'm male so I can do either, but I don't know what would be best for me and the Corps.

I got a 137 GT score, but I still don't know what to do.

It doesn't help that my recruiter is giving me a load of crap when I ask her about it. I seriously feel like she's jerking my chain.

She won't even explain the differences between the two either. Im just a waste of her time.

FooDawg
09-12-06, 11:08 AM
You wanna be a supportive personnel? Or do you wanna crawl in the mud for 4 years? That's really the thing you need to ask yourself. I have college education, maxxed scores on ASVAB's, 9 years of computer experience in the "real-world" and shoot, i'm going 03XX because I wanna shoot guns and crawl in the mud for a few years. Im so tired of the seriousness of life and work and stuff, I want to go on an adventure and I can only imagine this is the ultimate. Obviously I understand this is serious business, but im talking suit and ties and stuff like that. Im 23 years old and not getting any younger, so I think it'll be a great segway into military life for me so I can pursue a career move into flight later on down the line.

Thats all you have to ask yourself, that simple really. Want to be a part of the backbone or a part of the supportive aspect. Good luck.

Jfloirendo
09-12-06, 12:40 PM
my friend is in intel right now and he loves it.