PDA

View Full Version : I think everyone knows what today is.

devildoghopeful
09-11-06, 04:42 AM
I'm not going to write a long and tragic poem for today, I'm not going to write a heartfelt litany on what happened. I'll leave those for the more artistic and creative of our number here at Leatherneck. As I have little creative talent, I feel that all I can really say is -
Rest in Peace all of those who lost their lives five years ago today. It truly was a day that shook the world, may we NEVER forget the tragedy.

:iwo: :cry:

God Bless the United States of America

Master Sephiroth
09-11-06, 08:10 AM
It's been five years since this...deplorable attack on the US. Let us take this time to remember those 3000 souls lost on that day. My heart and prayers go out to the families who lost loved ones on that odious September morning five years ago. May our troops will see to it that those ****ing Islamofascists responsible for that...disgusting act receive the proper reprecussions.

I was 15 at the time... recovering from a major surgery (cancerous tumor). I was watching CNN in the living room and thinking "Oh woe is me". But then at 9 am EST on that odious morning, the first tower was attacked. Seeing those towers fall inspired a fierce patiotism in me. It also kinda got me out of my self-pity. I still get chills when I see the towers crumble.

devildoghopeful
09-11-06, 01:16 PM
I also get that feeling; I came home from school at 12 or 13 years old to see people jumping out of windows after the Towers had been hit. These were all replays, then as I was watching live coverage on the BBC, I saw the Towers collapse. That moment changed my life for ever.

JWG
09-12-06, 06:11 PM
Towers high,
as well as Hopes.

Towers gone,
but Hope still reigns.

Hearts once small,
have filled with Hope.

Freedom once rose,
and still it remains.

No one can take,
OUR Freedom away.

Americans kneeled,
and now they stand.

America, the FREE.
America, the BRAVE.

(JUST wrote this.. never thought I was a poetry kind of guy.. just came from the heart.)

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Barret
09-12-06, 07:09 PM
God Bless America. :iwo: I swore to myself that I would do everything in my power to never let this happen again.

We must NEVER,NEVER forget. Many of my fellow countrymen have already forgotten, and some are even ready to forgive. I will NEVER forget. Terrorists? I feel pity for the poor bastards. They thought they had us by the neck until the U.S Marines started knocking at the door.

Remember what George W. Bush said: It's not a matter of if we will find Osama and his thugs, it's a matter of when.

DaveXIII90
09-12-06, 07:28 PM
I swear, till my dying day, that if I am ever deployed into a situation where I have permission to open fire, and one of those ******* middle eastern terrorist even begins to RAISE his gun in my direction, I will blow his brains out. No, im not sick in the head for wanting to do that. I am healthy in the head-they deserve it. Alot of times, and in many situations, revenge is not believed to be, and sometimes really isnt, the right way of handling things. But, some situations are acceptable circumstances for getting revenge in. This being one of them. I was at the WTC site today, and I saw nothing. just two big holes in the ground. I was expecting to cry when I arrive there, but instead I had the most intense, un-humanly extreme feeling of hatred and anger- I put ALOT of emphasis on "Unhumanly extreme"- I have never felt a feeling of anger and hatred towards Middle Eastern extremists like I did today- And, If for some rediculous reasn, there is one of you Middle eastern terrorist *******s reading this right now, I wish you luck if you ever cross my path in combat, because those footsteps will be your last. Rest In Peace to all of the people coming from all different countries and backgrounds whom lost their lives in the attacks of September 11th, 2001. I promise that I will do everything I can to make sure you are all never forgotten.

devildoghopeful
09-13-06, 01:54 AM
Dave, I know EXACTLY how you felt when standing at Ground Zero. I was with a bunch of British Army Cadets and according to them, I was a drag to be with the rest of the day. I was trying and failing to control my anger at the Islamo-fascist world. Then what made it worse was seeing the clips of the civilian's response in Islamabad Pakistan and Gaza City (Palestinian controlled area - I guess I should call it Palestine). All through the day I was just so angry and so full of hate. That's one of the reasons I couldn't bring myself to watch 'United 93'. FORGIVENESS - NOT AN OPTION, FORGETTING - NOT AN OPTION, REVENGE - MOST DEFINATELY AN OPTION.