PDA

View Full Version : Quarterdecked

WhiteRabbit
09-10-06, 10:30 PM
Should I get quarterdecked as much as reasonably possible in boot? Or would that just make me look like an idiot. It'd be a hellava work out, though, haha.

His_angel
09-10-06, 10:46 PM
Sure. Go for it as often as possible. Because the rest of your platoon will really love you as you have the bonding experiences with them. You many times will not be the only one quarterdecked as they like to make as many things as possible a team effort.

cplbrooks
09-11-06, 08:36 AM
Should I get quarterdecked as much as reasonably possible in boot? Or would that just make me look like an idiot. It'd be a hellava work out, though, haha.

Are you serious? If you are then yes to both of your questions.

SgtGorman
09-11-06, 09:40 AM
Don't worry too much about quarterdecked. Everybody in the platoon receive quarterdecked at least once. I got about 4 quarterdeckeds for the entire time I was there, but most of the time...the DI or SDI punished the whole platoon. Well, it helps you in better physical performance.

The only way to avoid quarterdecked by attending OCS; therefore, no quarterdecked at all. If you screw up, you are assigned to write 300 word-essay during your sleeping time at night.

outlaw3179
09-11-06, 03:03 PM
Wow...lol..I must have a friggin nasty recruit. I have no idea how many times I got quarterdecked. Minimum 4 or 5 times a week.

Messenger
09-11-06, 03:55 PM
Trust me, it is not a matter of if you will have a quarterdeck experience as much as when and how frequently LOL.

I am reminded of another young recruit that I was in basic training with though I can not remember his name or for that matter why this was to be but every time someone was quarterdecked he was to accompany them. Needless to say, he was in tip top condition by the time we all graduated.

By the time we were in third phase we could literally do squat thrusts, sit ups, run in place and any number of interesting exercises until the drill instructors got tired of watching and still have energy left over. This is an interesting fact when you consider about the only exercise I get now about twenty years latter is making a sandwich LOL.

As for wondering how frequently you should try to do this microburst of exercise all I can say is that you really have no control over this at all. Your DI’s will arbitrarily select one or more out of a crowed at any time for this and no matter how funny the look on their faces might be when some fresh recruit looks then in the eyes and asks for a scheduled regiment of this activity I would have to strongly advise no one to do this.

Good luck with that,
Semper fi

WhiteRabbit
09-11-06, 05:59 PM
Heh. When my brother went to bootcamp he told me, after he came back of course, that every time his friend Strunk would get quarterdecked, he'd step foreward or whatever and say that he deserved the punishment as well.

My brother could do 65 Marine Corps pushups with ease, and go for more. I'm talking slow, gradual descending pushups. He told me he did so many mountain climbers that when he had to carry/drag two buddies of his who couldn't make it up the Reaper, he didn't really feel it.

It was an idea I had, but obviously a sketchy one. Thanks for the quick replies.

Echo5November
09-17-06, 11:37 AM
I used to get smoked two and three times a day. After a few weeks, you're in such good shape, you kinda hope to get smoked. The best is when they tell you to pick three recruits and get on the quarterdeck. I'd pick my best buddies all the time. They'd be ****ed at first, but afterwards it was funny. Its more entertainment than anything. I had a drill instructor that would bang a dust pan next to your face and scream into your ear while you were doing all the exercises in the book for however long. It was annoying then, but I also saw him step on a footlocker and the whole damn thing broke and he fell face first into a rack. Then he tripped on the beach hump and fell in the friggin water. I laugh everytime I think of him. When you're there, boot camp sucks. But afterwards, its some of the best memories you'll ever have.

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-17-06, 02:39 PM
The quarterdeck is what it is. Towards the end of boot camp, when we were cleaning our rifles for BC inspection and turn in there were a few of us that would ask to get quarterdecked, just to break up the routine of scrubbing the front sight post for 30 minutes or so.

J-Ro
09-17-06, 02:43 PM

Geeeezzz!!! some of the Questions coming from the poolees... Of Course, you should try to get quarterdecked AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!!! you'll meet lots of new Friends and if your Lucky... Only if your lucky, The Friends that you meet while getting quaterdecked and enjoying all that extra PT will Throw you a Party in the middle of your training, it will be at night (you know) this way the DI's won't have to get up and ruin your fun. They won't think your an idiot... (Not At All!) More like a Motivator!!!

Best of Wishes to you:beer:

No Better Friend...
No Worse Enemy...