PDA

View Full Version : Charged Marine's treated like "SCUM"

redneck13
09-09-06, 10:06 AM
:mad: :!: :thumbdown After reading about the Mother of one of the 8 who are charged with murder, I am appauled by what these Marines and Corpsman have been subject to. <br />
Attempts to gain a confession...

bigdog43701
09-09-06, 11:02 AM
just a note...all jails, prisons and brigs are governed by the us department of justice Bur. of Adult Detention (BAD) Standards. If these conditions are in fact being done they are unconstitutional. more needs to be found as facts.

redneck13
09-09-06, 01:34 PM
BigDog? I too wish that someone would be able to get inside the Brig, and confirm or say it's a bunch of crap, as NO MARINE, yet convicted need's to be treated like this. It's a disgrace to all of us. SF Good infor too.

fontman
09-09-06, 06:24 PM
Received below in my email from a retired captain of Marines regarding the newspaper article...

Don Greenlaw wrote:

Mark: I know Leanne and she is usually at the Brig each Sunday when I go to visit the Pendleton "8."

She is 100% correct and this is what I explained to LtGen Mattis during my meeting with him about 3 weeks ago.

This whole thing is a political "Sham." While this circus goes on, these young men should be in a PAL (Prisoner-at-large) status, not confined.

yellowwing
09-09-06, 07:06 PM
Its sad that a consummate Warrior like Gen. Jim Mattis career will be defined not by what he accomplished on the battlefield, but by what he decides on these 8 men. :(

ivalis
09-09-06, 08:48 PM
it's a forking jail, what do ya'll expect. civilian or military, jail sucks.

bigdog43701
09-09-06, 09:06 PM
ivalis,

u r correct it is jail, both military and civilian it DOES suck. i work in a jail and am very familiar with BAD Standards. i apply them every day. no inmate including a baby raper should be "punished" by the system and singled out for "unusual" punishment. all inmates are to be treated the same. they have rights, mail, food, heat, cool, restroom facitlites, recreation etc. if u deprive them of these rights then u r violating their civil rights. (after all isn't that the bottom reason we do and have done what we do-to protect citizans of this counties civil rights)