PDA

View Full Version : Religious Material?

Adam1988
09-08-06, 05:31 AM
I have read the Drill Instructor's post and it did not include bringing a necklace with a cross on it. I read later in that thread that I "shouldn't even bother bringing it because I wouldn't be allowed to wear it." The thing about that is, my recruiter says I can wear it. I have searched the forums looking for more information on this but have came up with nothing.

I am aware that I am allowed to bring a small bible (the one given to me at MEPS.) But the necklace & charm is confusing to me. If this has been asked before then I'm sorry but I couldn't find the thread :) Thanks!

Marine84
09-08-06, 08:12 AM
It would be best not to - one less thing for you to have to keep up with. Unless things have drastically changed, you probably won't be able to wear it in certain uniforms anyway.

His_angel
09-08-06, 10:11 AM
Lets put it this way. Say you "could" take the necklace with charm. Then say your footlocker isn't squared away one day along with some other recruits footlockers. They all get dumped in the middle of the squadbay. Later you can not find the necklace and charm. Or say you are wearing it in boot and it becomes lost. You probably won't have any if much time to look for it. If it really means a lot to you? Is it better to take it to boot and take the chance of losing it? Or is it better to leave it home for a few weeks where you know it will be there waiting when you get back? I'd say leave it home. Take as little as possible to boot.

FooDawg
09-08-06, 03:05 PM
I like His_Angel's response. I never really thought about that, but I think thats a great stance to take towards something like this. Great post and feedback.

Adam1988
09-08-06, 06:02 PM
Thanks. I'll probably leave it at home now :)

Marine84
09-08-06, 09:06 PM
Good boy - your religion is something personal anyway - God is with you with or without that cross.