PDA

View Full Version : Futures .. Updates

DawnMarie
01-12-03, 09:39 AM
Please state your name, your location and your age ..
And anything you'd like me to know about you ..

ok, I hope I get to know you all, Maybe some of us will serve together ..

Dawn Marie Bishop
Houston , Texas
The job I want is 2311 . AMMO TECH , But im going in open contract right now im planning on taking the Asvab agian so I can get that MOS . But if for some reason i cant take it no more ill be happy with whtever the Corps wants me to me in ..

UPDATE ON PT ..

Flex arm hang : 112 sec .
Run time: mile 1/2 : 14 min . still improving
Crunches : 100 in 2 min ..

:banana:

LOVE YOULL

LIL MEAN JELLYBEAN

thedrifter
01-12-03, 09:57 AM
If anybody wants to contact DawnMarie, it should be done by PM and/or e-mail..........Too much information can get into the wrong hands.........You never know on the internet who will be lurking......

The Drifter

Lock-n-Load
01-12-03, 10:17 AM
This thread has turned into a juvenile mixer..so far removed from The USMC....bunch of civilian wannabes ...wondering...wondering....will I be a Marine???...cut to the chase...ENLIST... and find out the hard way!!!:marine:

USMC-FO
01-12-03, 10:28 AM
I am with you "Drifter' perhaps a direct e-mail to Dawn would be in order. I am surprised too you posted her address. Maybe pull it off now??

Also want to double up on what 'Lock - Load' is saying. I am all most at the point of suggesting some sort of "means" testing to get on here. Dawn Marie I am sorry to say is much to chatty for me and I think for this site. At first it was mildly amusing now it is just annoying--as with lots of youngsters, wannbe's and never will be's.

Something to think about, perhaps.

DawnMarie
01-12-03, 11:55 AM
huh .. my address is not posted .. flex arm hang is what the females do instead of pull ups ..

i dont see a problem with this post just want to get to know the other wanna bes .. ?? whats the deal

firstsgtmike
01-12-03, 12:12 PM
Folks,

This thread is listed under the "Poolee Hall" forum.

I think WE are here as guests ONLY.

If the kids invade our territory, we have a right to *****, complain, and kick ass.

Altough none of them has ever expressed it, I believe they have the same rights.

My kids knock on the door before they can come into MY room. And unless I deem it an emergency situation, I knock on the door before entering theirs.

DawnMarie
01-12-03, 12:17 PM
Im confused . I stopped posting on Open Squad Bay because I was asked to ,so I come here.. to post to talk to poolees or who ever wants to post .. i dont disrespect anyone ,i dont talk back, i dont cause trouble, i just wanted to get to know youll .. make friends

Everything Ive been told to do I have done I ask questions here because i get answers i dont get BS from youll .. Sorry if you think im out of line for trying to be respectful and friendly i thought this was a forum ..

Correct me if im wrong ..

Dawn

DawnMarie
01-12-03, 12:36 PM
thanks Firstsgtmike .. somebody likes me

jellybean

Earle Comstock
01-12-03, 12:59 PM
I do see a solutiod to this . Make it so the poolee stuff stays in there room . I know this can be made to do this . That way if we need to go into the kids room , we'll knock . Being out on the main page makes it accessible to all . There has to be some kind of seperation , This is , after all , Leatherneck.com .

Semper Fi Marines
Cpl Commie
:rambo: Kill A Commie For Mommy :rambo:
Be good to yourself And Respect Your Elders :cool:
Death And Destruction Professionally , USMC

Shaffer
01-12-03, 01:03 PM
Actually, there is nothing wrong with Dawn Marie's post. In fact that is partially what the Poolee forum is about; future and possible Marines talking amongst themselves, sharing stories and getting ideas. The other part of the forum is for us as Marines to help and guide them with any questions they may have. We are not necessarily guests in the Poolee forum, but I think 1stSgt has the right idea.

As for the post of the city and state, that is information that a registered user here can put in their profile if they want to. I would not suggest to people they place their whole address, however if they really wanted to, it is up to them.

Any questions about this just send me a PM or email.

Semper Fi,
Jerry

firstsgtmike
01-12-03, 01:11 PM
Dawn Marie

No.

I don't like anybody.

Black and white. Right is right and wrong is wrong.

I function on principles. NOT on personalities.

USMC-FO
01-12-03, 04:54 PM
My error. Did not realize I was in the Poolee Hall. Believe me at my age I often walk around uncertain as to where I am. That being said I still find it very unwise to post--particularly a young woman--an address on ANY site. Even it it is made of a bunch of nice Marines like us! Earle C and "Top" Mike make points too that we ought to knock first, However with the post right up on the front page we're in before we know where we are. Nuf said here, I PM'd Dawn directly and expressed my point. I'm done !

JAMarine
01-12-03, 05:27 PM
Hon, I believe your doing OK. Sometime us old farts tend to open our mouths or start ranting before we ingage our brains.

We are Honorable however and don't mind being corrected when required.

Thanks to Shaffer and his Wizardy Wizards, you and the Poolee's have a place to go and exchange ideas, thoughts and make new friends.
But Posts are Posts. They are gonna come up.

We're still here to help answer questions and give guidance as needed.

And "No", firstsgtmike doesn't like anybody even his Momma. But we like him and glad he came home.

Note: Please remember what Shaffer stated; "Be careful with putting your vitals out on the open net". You can only imaging what can happen if someone wants to use your info. It's a creul and nasty world out here and it gets a lot worse if you forget to pay attention.

Good Luck

DawnMarie
01-12-03, 06:15 PM
ok, thanks guys :)

jellybean

wrbones
01-12-03, 06:15 PM
The world is a cruel and nasty place! ****!
Why didn't I get the word!

greensideout
01-12-03, 07:57 PM
The world is not as hostile as some of you portary.

It's very much worse then that!

ktriplett
01-12-03, 10:30 PM
With all due respect to you "old salts", as a poolee, I think DawnMarie has a great idea with her post. It's nice to see someone (beside the group of poolees I see every weekend) in the same position as myself, trying to get to know others.

My name is Kris Triplett. I'm 21 and I ship out for San Diego on April 7. I live in Los Angeles, CA. My MOS is air crew. I'm up to 7 pullups and increasing, 82 crunches in 2 minutes and 1.5 mile in 11:45.

greensideout
01-12-03, 11:05 PM
Hello Mr. Kris Triplett,

I want to share a few words with you.

You may not like them. That's ok. You are going to hear a lot of words that you don't like when you arive at MCRD.

It seems that a lot of you poolees spend a lot of time looking at your belly button.

Do you think at this point, that we care about how many pull-ups you do? Or that we give a red rat's you know what about your crunches?

Do you really think that a low life civilan puke like you can make it into the Corps?

It's about becoming a part of a team! It's not about you! So shutup about what you can do and begin to think about what you can offer to the team.

Good luck, work hard. Others are depending upon you!

Hope that you do well! Give it your best!

Old Salt

Earle Comstock
01-12-03, 11:23 PM
Nicely said you old salt . Now if we could find a way to keep them in poolee hall . Then we Marines could visit them when we got bored , if we so choose . Now I just dislike the whole concept of giving them a name . I said it before and I'll say it again , we didn't deserve a name until we graduated BootCamp . Half of these pukes will be to chickensh it to even get on the bus that takes them to BootCamp . The half that does go , half of them will graduate . Them that graduate , come back and see us , we will be as proud of you as you are that you graduated . Bottom line , you ain't getting sh it from us Marines that you don't deserve . You poolees got the talking part done , thats the easy part . I think you will find a greeting from us more to your liking , AFTER you graduate .

Semper Fi , Do Or Die
Cpl Commie
Be Good To Yourself And Respect Your Elders :cool:

wrbones
01-13-03, 12:18 AM
PM's and emails boys and girls. That's where ya can exchange all the info ya want. Profiles are posted as well. Some folks share more than others is all. There are still some rights left in this country. Privacy is one of them.

I had it all figured out! I'd post ALL the info a Pool-ee or a DEPer would EVER need!!!! THAT'll stop the fire fights and flame wars, I said to myself! If nothin' else it'll keep the kids busy studying and learnin', I said to myself!!!! It worked a helluva lot longer than I thought it would! 'Course I see that some Poolees and wannabes aren't interested in learnin' anymore than they haveta.

Kids, yer in amongst the real deal here. We'll help all we can, but ya gotta be a little more mature in yer presentation sometimes. Some of us get a little grumbly now and then. Not to mention that we are all who and what you ASPIRE to be. United States Marines. This isn't yer game chat or the school forum or some such.

Just so y'all know. Troublemakers and wannabes don't last long around here.

Fellers, they get on yer nerves, but some are just kids. Hell, some of ain't more thirteen or fourteen fer cryin' out loud. Some are wannabes, some are curious, some are honestly lookin' to learn.

Some have signed the paperwork and are just waitin' fer school to get out so they can go to boot.

Now. Y'all play nice.

Kids, ya might start out with some basic common courtesy. Yes, sir. No, sir. Please and thank you and such, even among yerselves. Honey and vinegar fer cryin' out loud! ;)

One other thing. It's been a few years, but my platoon in boot started with 125 wannabes. 13 weeks later there were only 36 of us left. The recruiters are screenin ya better and all, but still...You aren't as yet Marines.

Kids, there's enough information on this site to keep ya busy study and learnin' til ya got to get on the yeller footprints. Do a search if nothin' else. Once ya did that and thought it over, ask all the questions ya need to.

Poolee Hall or not.

ktriplett
01-13-03, 12:49 AM
Well, it seems I've been suitably chagrined. I apologize for any immaturity and disrespect I may have shown.
You guys are the Marines. You know what's going on. You have my utmost respect. However, I'm not here asking for respect from you. I'm not asking you to get to know me, to give me a nickname and pat me on the back when I do something good. I'm not asking you to give a crap about me. I'm just a poolee, a wannabe and you don't have to care about me or what I can do. I am working my @ss of trying to prepare myself mentally and phsycally. That's why I'm here, because this site contains some invaluable information for a guy like me, but I'd also like to connect with other poolees. Kind of a motivation thing, I guess. Not for myself, but for the others. I apologize for not utilizing the private message tool, and will do so in the future.
And greensideout: Yes sir, I really do think that a low-life civilan puke like me can make it into the Corps. I believe that I can offer a lot to the Corps and all that I have, I will give.

Earle Comstock
01-13-03, 03:55 AM
I guess part of my problem is that I don't have kids . That does not change the fact that this is Leatherneck.com.
The way that it has been around here lately , it should be I'm-almost-a-leatherneck-if-I-can-make-it-through-bootcamp.com
Yes I am hard headed , if I believe in something strong enough .
We are THE FEW , THE PROUD ,THE MARINES .
Not , the few , the proud , the Marines , family and friends and everyone else that wants to be cool for what ever reason .
Isn't that why we go through bootcamp ? And when we get out and decide that we would like to try a different branch of service , we can just go and join . But if another branch of service gets out of their perspective service , and decides they want to be a Marine , They have to go through our BootCamp .
I think that it is admerable that these kids chose the Marine Corp to start their career. As a matter of fact I am damn proud. And I will be a whole lot prouder the day they sign back on this site and tell us they are Marines .
But until that day they do not deserve anything from me . They are nothing but scumbubbles , maggots , lowlife creatons , they are lower on the chain than whale sh it . And I am only saying these things because I have a heart .
I hate the fact that they are assigned the name poolee . To me it is like they are given rank , for what?
They haven't earned the right .
Getting back to what I stated earlier , there has to be a way that you can block them from entering our forums . Then we can give them the same respect , going into their poolee hall .
You don't just walk into your D.I.s hooch and ask him hows it going , do you .
Then I think we deserve the same respect .
I don't believe that their posts should be able to be viewed from the home page . And I don't believe they should be able to respond to our post . Half the things we write about on this site they dont even understand . I think there should be some kind of button they got to push to request permission to come aboard .Then only allowed aboard , by a Marine .
Just like GreenSideOut said earlier , do you think we give a sh it how many pull-ups you can do or how fast you can run .
How many pft's do you think I did , I passed them all .I'm not bragging , I was a Marine , thats what you do to get the job done . All you that are serious , and I hope Its all of you , will soon find out .
And if you can't take the sh it we are dishing out , and you wanna go cry to your mommies . Then you might just as well stay home and get a good job at Mc Donalds , because you will never make it in the Marine Corp .
If you make it , things will change . Come on , this is probably the one post I've written that I'm not down right rude . Believe me , I feel strongly about everything I have written . I hope you are all adult enough to understand that I'm not trying to be mean . I'm doing this because I feel I'm right .
I got these two uncles , one was a Marine (fathers brother) , the other was Army (Moms brother) . I disliked them both . The Marine always treated me like a punk kid , haven't seen him in 30 years . My Army uncle use to always yell at me , and I seen him quite a bit . I never said much to him growing up and he pretty much ignored me , except the as* chewing now and again . But after I got out of BootCamp , I was his favorite nephew . I always thought that was weird , because I was a Marine .It didnt matter to him I didn"t go Army . No disrespect meant to you youngins , I just think , whats right is right .
Semper Fi ,Do Or Die
Cpl Commie
Be Good To Yourself And Respect Your Elders :cool:

USMC-FO
01-13-03, 06:51 AM
It seems to me that 'Bones', 'Greenside' aand Earle have stated this well. I obviously feel the same way, and so noted when this all popped up the otherday. Go and punch your tickets and become Marines if you have the stones for that, and I might suggest that you keep your eyes, and ears open and your mouths shut. Do well and succeed and then come back and you can all stand with us as Marines but until that happens you're need to zip it up.

PS I have three children and this is the same advise they get too, so don't think for a second I/we're leaning on you unreasonably.

leroy8541
01-13-03, 07:20 AM
I for one am all for this site where these kids can come to talk to each other and also with some seasoned salts because maybe not all of them will make the cut and go thru maybe one of them will and that one will be the future of my beloved Marine Corp. My physical time with the Corp is over but if i can influence just one to keep the Corp alive and well and on the right track so be it. let these kids talk. after 2 or 3 posts you can see who is who.
now to the kids if yer little feelins are gittin hurt by these old salts are you in for a wide and rude awakening when you get to boot woot woot!!!!! and a word of advise don't try to "explain" yourself its a sign of weakness!! F*** IT AND DRIVE ON!!!!

DawnMarie
01-13-03, 10:29 AM
Will only thing I can say is I'm sorry .. I was wondering with your permission of course if this forum could continue as a poolee forum . I think that the futures and my self are trying hard to fit in , We ar not acting as Marines , not trying to disrespect any of you , just trying to meet other people that want what we wont and thats becoming a United States Marine ..

I myself have worked very hard to get where I'm , I bust my a$$ on a daily basics training and I dont have to do any of that I choose to .. i choose to run 8 miles and puke .. I choose to try to do more pushups then my recruiter .. I choose to do 700 chrunches everynight , Im training for something I want , for me .. Im not trying to get any kind of good girl or anything like that ,I just want respect you dont even have to like me I could care less but I do want respect .. if I respect you and say thank you , Isir , I Mam , Your welcome , or whatever .. i know all of you have earned your respect and your title . Im trying to get mine . And I will make it through boot camp ..

If you feel that we should take this to pm .. feel free

Dawn

montana
01-13-03, 10:52 AM
to all poolys as once told to me by my DI
your all just a bunch of little green turds

DawnMarie
01-13-03, 11:01 AM
lol montona .. nasty dirty civilians

lol ..

DevilPup2004
01-13-03, 12:14 PM
For me, I'm not a Marine. I haven't even signed anything, but that isn't by choice. I'm only 16. In the meantime, I'm working towards my goal. Most of what I do on the internet is research the military, specifically your Corps.

I know I haven't earned anything yet. Only thing I can call my own is the title "wannabe," and every non-Marine holds that. I can't even call myself a Poolee yet since I haven't signed. But the way I see it, it's better to be a wannabe than to be a poser. I know a lot of people who think I'm really anal, because I jump on people who try to call me "Marine" just because I hope to become one someday. I haven't earned it, so I don't want to be called it.

But even though I haven't even signed the papers yet, it seems like almost everyone knows I want to join. Not because I've told them, but just because of how scuttlebutt travels. I know that there are plenty of people out there who know I plan on trying to become a Marine, and I have no idea they even know. Therefore, I watch myself closely. I already make decisions specifically thinking, "Honor, Courage and Commitment." Whenever I get challenged to a pushup contest, I close my eyes and enivison your Eagle, Globe and Anchor. I haven't even begun to earn it, so there's no way I'm going to mar it. I represent your Corps whether I want to or not, so I'm doing my best to uphold the Values and Traditions of your Corps.

I have chosen to be a wannabe who is working towards the Title until I can be a recruit working towards it. I know that I haven't been anywhere or done anything that deserves your respect, so I'll continue respecting you and working towards the Title.

And thank you for defending my Freedom. Many of you defended my Freedom before I was old enough to enjoy it. All of you defended my Freedom without knowing that I exist. I hope to return the favor someday. Thank you.

ktriplett
01-13-03, 12:23 PM
Well said, DevilPup.

DawnMarie
01-13-03, 12:58 PM
Well said , devilpup
ill be very happy to serve with you Im not Marine yet either but i share your feelings :)

jellybean

leroy8541
01-13-03, 04:03 PM
Well done pup 16yrs old and you are already picking up the lingo, good job you are doing your homework, did you have to think about it or is it getting natural allready?

DevilPup2004
01-13-03, 04:53 PM
What, the lingo? I have to revert back to my native tongue, Civilian, in order to communicate with my family. :D

When you spend enough time lurking at forums and sites like this, and hanging out with Marines offline, it's really hard to NOT pick up the lingo.

young_dog19
01-14-03, 05:10 PM
hey dawn, i posted some stuff on your other thread, don't know if you saw it or not...by the way, shipping out oct 13; and your run much quicker than mine: 16:13 was my last run! I really suck running long distance, and i'm in track! isn't that weird!?

young_dog19
01-14-03, 05:17 PM
By the way, nicely put pup!

SHOOTER1
01-14-03, 10:06 PM
Keep at it guys, we (Old Salts) are just jelous because we cant go do it again, we have experienced the rush your feeling at putting your name in to join the Corps, so onward and upward , and when your in boot, it might help to think back to some of us and what was said, and think to yourself, Ill show those S.O.B. s , Ill be better than all of them, it might help you thru the hard spots, of which there will be plenty, the way i made it, was to git so pi**ed off at the D.I. and tell myself that no way was that sob going to beat me, it worked, so think back to these words, and use them. Good Luck to all of you.

DevilPup2004
01-15-03, 10:17 AM
Thank you, Sgt. From the sea stories I've heard, I get the idea that I'll be using those words myself.

I'm one of those perverts who is actually motivated by seeing shows about Marine Corps Boot Camp. All the yelling, the inevitible showing of the gas chamber, the yelling, the Pit, the yelling, the Quarterdeck, the yelling... it motivates me! I know it'll be entirely different when it's me getting yelled at, gassed, and Quarterdecked, but I do hope I still find it basically motivating. It never fails that those docudramas always show a glimpse of graduation, and it also never fails that my eyes always sweat at the glimpse of what I hope will be mine someday. Even though I don't know the new Marines, and in some cases, I've seen that footage over and over. My eyes sweat with pride for them, and jealousy for me. Doesn't matter, though. They served their time in Hell, and hopefully in about a year and a half, we'll see that I can hack it, too.

ktriplett
01-15-03, 01:01 PM
With only three months remaining before I leave for boot camp, seeing videos and documentaries like that always motivate me as well. I can hardly wait until i leave. Watching the DI yelling and the recruits PTing, it always makes me smile because in just a few weeks from now, I'll have that honor. I know it will be difficult, and I expect it, but I look forward to it.
I met a WW2 veteran a couple of days ago in a pet store. I was wearing a Marines t-shirt because i had just come from the poolee function, and he approached me. We started talking and ended up going to lunch, where he told me stories about his time in the Corps during the war and really motivated me. I can't wait to take my place, and do my part. I only hope that I live up to the examples of men and women such as this.