PDA

View Full Version : M.o.v.e. O.u.t.

NamGrunt68
01-12-03, 07:22 AM
http://www.welcomehomebro.com/moveout.htm

firstsgtmike
01-12-03, 08:24 AM
An interesting note.

If you follow and read the above thread, the underlying theme is please come, please help, see you there.

I also followed the thread of the protest marchers. "It's Party Time! If you can't pay your own bus fare, let us know, we have the bucks. Come on, boys and girls, Let's Get It On, It's Party Time."
-------------------------------------------

I remember a "protest march" I saw on a college campus in 1969.
When the demonstrators left their rallying point to "assault" their target, it reminded me of the gates opening at an amusement park. Hand in hand, giggling and chatting, they skipped through the entrance on their way to the first ride.

That was NOT the way it appeared on the tv news that evening.

I couldn't believe that the reporter and I had both viewed the same event.

But then again, I am merely commenting on what I had seen. The reporter was trying desperately to make a point, to push a view, to sell an article.

To my fellow Nam Vets, remember before and after your time in hell, the tv news gave the impression that EVERY Marine/soldier was under constant bombardment 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

I believe it was THAT distorted impression that was used effectively to "bring my son home before it's too late".

I anticipate the same biased coverage in DC on the 18th.

SHOOTER1
01-12-03, 11:47 PM
Hey firstsgtmike, maybe they will pay our way to the demostrations, we will just tell them we want to join the demonstrations, just wont tell them which side we are on, what a concept, have them pay our way, sounds like its worth a try....

Barndog
01-13-03, 04:08 AM
Thats a damm good point Shooter. Covert Ops.

Unfortunately, it will never happen because too many of us have this one problem:

HONOR.