PDA

View Full Version : The size of pictures you can keep in boot camp?

Graham Bro
09-07-06, 04:00 PM
What size pictures can you keep in boot camp? I heard its is wallet size? Whats the for sure answer?
Thanks

Kildars
09-07-06, 04:14 PM
I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in this thread.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25168

Try to search next time, before you post.

Good luck.

Graham Bro
09-07-06, 04:20 PM
Thanks, but its not there, and I already searched the forums..

Kildars
09-07-06, 04:35 PM
I apologize surely I don't think the Drill Instructors have a size requirement or maximum surely it is at his/her discretion whether or not it is small enough. In my opinion I would bring something wallet size or smaller.. The smaller the better.

STA0311
09-07-06, 06:24 PM
My advice is after your recieving week when you send your address home in the dictated letter that the DI's recite to you...tell someone to send pics then.

Marine84
09-07-06, 08:34 PM
Make sure you tell them 8X10 cause you get to set up your own little "space" like it's your room back home cause we don't want you to get too freakin homesick.

Some of these kids are just too funny!

Old Marine
09-08-06, 09:35 AM
Poster size would be great and you can put them up all over the squad bay. Maybe the Drill Instructor will let you put one on his hatch.

ROHO
09-08-06, 10:32 AM
Marine84, Old Marine, Thats hilarious i'm busting a gut!!!

Static_Sky25
09-08-06, 10:38 AM
the topless photos of your girlfirend... again the bigger the better

Graham Bro
09-08-06, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the response, I found a nude poster of condoleeza rice i thought he would enjoy on his birthday. should be opening it any minute now

drillinstructor
09-08-06, 11:28 AM
I like poolees who mention No matter what pain I go through I am determined to become a Marine. A poolee asking what size of picture to bring makes me wonder how bad does he really want to be a Marine if he is asking about pictures.

To answer your question. there really is no regulation but 4x6 is the biggest I would recommend. Also these pics will be stored in the bottom of your footlocker and not displayed in any way. Now the Wednesday before graduation..Whoever has the hottest mother and hottest sister will receive a coke and a candy bar……….yes one day before receiving that Eagle, Globe, and Anchor the winner will receive those special privileges.

ROHO
09-08-06, 11:39 AM
Oooraha, Chief Drill Instructor, Sir!!!!!!

Marine84
09-08-06, 03:42 PM
OK DI - you just made me spew soda all over my dang monitor!

drillinstructor
09-08-06, 04:37 PM
damn that is waste of a good soda that could be given to the winner

Kildars
09-08-06, 04:41 PM
I wonder if topless pics of your girlfriend increase your overall chances of winning this competition ;).

Echo5November
09-08-06, 04:57 PM
just send us your mailing address when you get to bootcamp and we'll all make sure to mail you pictures of naked men. Your drill instructors won't mind. You know, the whole don't ask don't tell policy.

fiasco1371
09-08-06, 05:01 PM
It also may increase your overall chances of being single after she finds out that everyone of your boot friends has seen her rack.

drillinstructor
09-08-06, 05:08 PM
I wonder if topless pics of your girlfriend increase your overall chances of winning this competition ;).

Well of course it does. Unless I am looking at knees and those things at the same time.

Kildars
09-08-06, 05:34 PM
It also may increase your overall chances of being single after she finds out that everyone of your boot friends has seen her rack.

I'll be single when I leave :). Soda + Candy bar will be well worth it 13 weeks into boot :)..

fiasco1371
09-11-06, 10:53 AM
Yeah, but you might want her around when you're on boot leave. Unless you wanna pt on your own.

iamcloudlander
09-14-06, 03:20 AM
This is a question for drillinstructor
Don't the Drill Instructors, after the yellow footprints,haircut etc when they make you pack up everything you can't have and ship it home, do they still make you empty your wallet and tell you which pictures you can have? Just asking as this was what they did to us.
Course that was 1965

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-14-06, 11:26 AM
They didn't do that to us 30 years later. They didn't seem to care about pictures unless you got a thick package from home.