Philip V. Brennan <br />
Wednesday, Sept. 6, 2006 <br />
<br />
Lt. Gen. James Mattis, USMC <br />
Commanding General, First Marine Expeditionary Force <br />
Camp Pendleton, CA 92055-5019 <br />

jerryk
09-07-06, 03:53 PM
sir: thank you for telling what i have liked to say,it shore aint our marine corp.that i was in in vietnam

redneck13
09-07-06, 04:18 PM
:mad: :!: With such compelling evidence as this "fine" reporter has eluded to...."WHY ARE THESE MEN IN THE BRIG, AND HIRING LAWYER'S, AND HAVE PLACES TO SEND MONEY FOR THEIR DEFENSE?" Why hasn't the Military, prosecutor's given all the "evidence" to the defense?" These Marines in no way shape, form, fashion should be held in confinement, unless as he says, "it's CYA!!" What a crock of sheet. I hope the Gen. got to read the letter. SF to you Sir.

MASTER-GUNS
09-07-06, 07:47 PM
The last thing the Marine Corps needs now is a cover up. I trust that the reviewing officer will take the time to get all the facts and act on them. There will be more investigations on this incident no matter what the decision is. The Marine Corps should get all the facts and let the chips fall where they may.

tmattis
09-11-06, 02:30 PM
I absolutely agree with MGySgt Koenig.

LtGen Mattis will not respond to pressure of any kind, but will do his utmost to ensure the integrity of the military justice process. I fear, however, that those who have pre-judged the allegations on both sides will be unpersuaded by the findings of facts and conclusions of military law, and that he and the Marine Corps will be damned either way.

This entire matter tests our commitment to the values that we profess. I, too, place my trust in our ability to hold ourselves accountable for living those values, in this matter as much as in battle for this, too, is about honor.

Thanks, MGySgt Koenig for reminding us all that the facts should drive the outcome.

S/F, former Sgt Tom Mattis