PDA

View Full Version : Kick Off!

yellowwing
09-07-06, 10:35 AM
Pittsburg Steelers v Miami Dolphins! Bout dam time, so put the pig in the ground get the beer on ice and get all your rowdy friends to come over tonite. :banana:

Go Steelers!

Osotogary
09-07-06, 11:11 AM
You are right, Yellowwing. It's time for all of us manly specimens to ask for an advance on our allowance from the missus and go out and buy some brewski and comfort food. LOL
The hype of the game may surpass the game itself.

thedrifter
09-07-06, 12:58 PM
Borrowed from hubby fontman... <br />
<br />
Don't like both teams....just waiting for Sunday to see my game... <br />
<br />
GO EAGLES! <br />
<br />
Ellie <br />
<br />
The Bus has departed but Steelers still in fast lane

8th&I Marine
09-07-06, 06:36 PM
How about those Houston Texans? They have a real coach now. Watch out for them this year.

Cantrell:flag:

yellowwing
09-07-06, 06:43 PM
Texans colors flying over Iraq
September 06, 2006
HoustonTexans.com

The stars and stripes are big and bright…deep in the heart of Iraq ??? Red, White, Blue and Toro. Yep, you heard correctly; a Houston Texans flag is flying high over Balad , Iraq.

The 1/149th Aviation Battalion did not have their colors (flag) flying over their Battalion area for over a week because when the 101 Airborne Division was relieved they followed protocol and removed their colors.

As a loyal supporter of the Houston Texans, Battalion NBC NCO David Almendarez put up the Houston Texans flag. Almendarez stated, “I took the initiative and put up the only colors that should be over our Battalion area.”

Almendarez has over 19 years of military service and is a father of Elizabeth and Adrian Almendarez. He wife, Stephanie Almendarez is also a loyal fan of the Houston Texans and will still be going to all the games.

“I wish David was here, but I am proud of what he is doing in Iraq . I am excited about the Military appreciation game on Sept. 24th and will have my banners and posters ready.”

On Sunday, Sept. 24th the Texans will recognize the great men and women who serve our country in the US armed forces. Included in this salute will be a special pregame ceremony and a halftime presentation by the US Marines Silent Drill Platoon.

fontman
09-07-06, 06:50 PM
The Steelers suck.

;)

jerryk
09-07-06, 06:54 PM
well sorry guess i aint manly, would no walk out side and watch if any team was playing in the middle of texas street here a waste of good time to me but i am kind of different-haha

8th&I Marine
09-07-06, 06:55 PM
I am sending my brother in law a Texans flag to put on his whirley bird while he is over there. Thanks for the read Wing

Cantrell:flag:

redneck13
09-07-06, 08:05 PM
Ever-body has their own teams. You either like 'em, or hate 'em. Just like Nascar. I use to follow football quite a bit, but my Viking's back in 69-70, almost won. Then I switched to The Buc's. Then to the Chief's, then to now? It don't make any difference, as long as it's a good game, and the ref's don't do something stupid, and remove "INSTANT REPLAY!!!" My Son, from the time he could understand football, he has been a Steeler fan, from the good, bad, ugly, great. Won't never change it. SF have a great time watchin' tonight's game.

lucien2
09-07-06, 08:46 PM
Raider Nation brothers, Monday night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Osotogary
09-08-06, 08:47 AM
Miami Dolphins 17
Pittsburgh Steelers 28

Man, oh, man. If only you folks could hear all the armchair quarterback whiners now. The refs didn't see this; the refs didn't call that; why did the coach call for a hitch pass? You have to admit that it was pretty slick of the hometown folks, that controled the big screen, not to show replays of some questionable calls that might have gone Miami's way.

1jarhead06
09-08-06, 09:12 AM
iam a chiefs fan the 3girls in my house are steelers fans i think i might be able 2 turn the youngest 1 thou i live 15mins from the football hall of fame but missed the game this year !

Old Marine
09-08-06, 09:27 AM
Ellie:

Do the Eagles still have a football team?

Old Marine
09-08-06, 09:29 AM
People in Oakland beware..... <br />
<br />
The criminals will be roaming the streets on monday night righ after the Chargers give them an Azz Whipping.

yellowwing
09-08-06, 03:01 PM
That no call pass interference should have had Pittsburg leading 21-0 at the half. :mad:

The funniest part of the half time show was the interview of Eli and Peyton Manning. It was like watching Archie and Jughead! :banana:

I'm sure there are some linebackers just waiting to remind Eli that the NFL is the Big Show.

Raider Nation? Here's a link to their motivating and menacing theme song (http://www.raidershack.com/wavs/raiders.wav).

thedrifter
09-08-06, 03:49 PM
Redskins fan cries: 'Stop Shuler!'
AP ^ | 09/08/06 | TIM WHITMIRE

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - In the mountains of western North Carolina, former NFL quarterback Heath Shuler talks about illegal immigration and the Iraq war as he tries to oust Republican Rep. Charles Taylor in one of the more competitive House races.

Thousands of miles away, in San Diego, Jason Woodmansee fears a crucial issue is being overlooked.

"From an objective, quantitative viewpoint, Shuler was a terrible NFL quarterback," Woodmansee writes on his blog, www.StopShuler.com. "He completely failed at the one thing he was trained to do out of college, and yet was paid millions of dollars. The last thing we need in Washington is someone who gets paid a lot of money to do a lousy job."

Don't go to Woodmansee's site if you want nuanced debate on the candidates and their positions. He has only one thing on his mind: Keeping the former Redskins quarterback from getting back to Washington

"There are certainly former athletes that run for Congress or office, happens all the time," Woodmansee said in a phone interview from his home. "But there are very few who played in Washington and would be returning. And there certainly haven't been many cases where the person has failed in Washington and now wants to go back.

"(You) don't want Shuler's stench of failure rubbing off on the current Redskins."

Shuler's campaign has followed Woodmansee's online campaign with amusement.

"He is a very fervent Redskins fan, and we applaud that kind of devotion," Shuler spokesman Andrew Whalen said Friday. "My fantasy team is especially hoping for a good season from (Redskins running back) Clinton Portis."

The 34-year-old Woodmansee, a graduate of George Washington University, was living in Washington in 1994 when the Redskins selected Shuler with the third pick in the NFL draft. Shuler was highly regarded, having finished second in voting for the Heisman Trophy the previous year while at Tennessee.

The Redskins were just two years removed from a Super Bowl win, and Dallas Cowboys coordinator Norv Turner had been hired to succeed then-retired coach Joe Gibbs. As Woodmansee recalls, the idea was that with Shuler, running back Stephen Davis and receiver Michael Westbrook, Turner would duplicate the Troy Aikman-Emmitt Smith-Michael Irvin trio that led the Cowboys to three Super Bowl titles in the 1990s.

Instead, Shuler held out during his rookie training camp for a big contract and played in only 19 games over the next three years, with the Redskins winning just four.

So far, Woodmansee hasn't been impressed with the efforts by Taylor, a seven-term Republican incumbent, to beat back Shuler's challenge. So he decided to take matters into his own hands.

"(We) are sick of standing idly by while Taylor screws up this campaign. If he is afraid to talk about the REAL issues in this campaign, we aren't. Here is our TV ad," he wrote on the blog, next to the first of his two anti-Shuler "attack ads."

With the requisite ominous music and voiceover and grainy black-and-white photos, the ads — which Woodmansee also posted on YouTube.com — are pitch-perfect satires of a dark political art. They've helped draw attention to his site, which Woodmansee says "is obviously a joke."

"The ads are very funny, and Heath had a good laugh at them," Whalen said.

Now living in San Diego, where he works for Digitaria, an interactive ad agency, Woodmansee is a Democrat and recognizes that a Shuler win over Taylor could help Democrats take control of the House.

But he places Redskins loyalty ahead of party loyalty.

In the end, whether Democrats or Republicans control the House doesn't matter, he said. "The really important thing is football. A Redskins Super Bowl vs. a Democratic Congress? That's not really that hard of a choice."

Ellie

MillRatUSMC
09-08-06, 03:50 PM
http://www.chicagos-tenerife.com/images/chicagosbearslogo.gif

No words needed... the ghost of 1985 will arise again...

rb1651
09-08-06, 10:39 PM
Thanks, Pittsburg. Ya proved a point to us life-long Viking fans. Culpepper ain't pooh without tree rot (Moss). GO VIKINGS!

yellowwing
09-09-06, 01:25 AM
Hmmm...methinks da Raider Nation has an answer to da Purple. Beware! LOL :D