PDA

View Full Version : MP Questions

fent63
09-07-06, 08:47 AM
How are you all doing? I just had a talk with a Marine buddy and he wanted to know what I was thinking of doing for my MOS. I told him and he asked me if I knew anything about MPs. He just told me the basics and that was it. Does anyone here have any first hand experience on what an MP does and daily life and even SRT?

Thanks for your time
kyle

Bige1371
09-07-06, 12:05 PM
Take a look around the forums and your ?'s will be answered I belive there are about a hundred of the same question out there. Good luck, Bige1371

Echo5November
09-08-06, 05:25 PM
I was an MP and served on an SRT Team. An MP is just like being a policeman. Except you stand on a gate and control access onto the installation when you first get in the fleet. After you get into a patrol car, its just like being a cop. Except you wear cammies and salute more often. If you're in a field unit, thats a whole other ball game. SRT stands for special reaction team. Its a SWAT team. Some bases have part time teams (composed of MPs that still work the road but are on call if the situation arises) or fulltime teams. But just because you choose the 58 field, doesn't mean you'll get MP. Its called Military Police/Corrections. You could just as easily be made a brig guard. MP is a great MOS, especially if you want to pursue a career in l.e. If you really want to be SRT, I'm not going to tell you what they do to you in the endoc, you'll have to find out for yourself. All I recommend is that you better be an inshape mofo. But why don't you concentrate on getting past bootcamp and becoming a Marine first.