PDA

View Full Version : Pull Up Tips

JCM19
01-11-03, 09:24 PM
I am a tall guy and I'm having trouble with my pull ups. Does anyone have some good tips for improving my upper body strength- specifically muscles for my pullups? Pull ups are the biggest thing holding back my PT scores right now. I'd appreciate any advice anyone has!

wrbones
01-11-03, 09:51 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2580&highlight=pullups

I'm 6'6" What werked fer me was curls hand and fore arm stuff of all kinds. Cross training werked fer me. push-ups. Cardio, weights. ya need it all. Yer a package deal. It all comes together when yer in over all good condition.

DawnMarie
01-12-03, 08:51 AM
do alot of pushups .. im can do 5 pull ups and im a girl :)

pretty much do everything wrbones says he wont steer you wrong :)

mean lil jellybean

leroy8541
01-12-03, 09:56 AM
you have to just get on the bar and keep going, when you max out cross your ankles bend your knees have a buddy hold your feet that way you will get some assist from your leg muscles and you can continue to build your strength. in the weight room lat pulldowns reverse curls any thint that will build your triceps and lats will help with pullups the best way is also to decrease any body fat you may be carrying lighten the load so to speak. being a tall lanky fellow is going to make it tougher especially if you have long armsyou just have further to get yourself up to the bar than a little short stocky fellow will. alot of sit-ups won't hurt either you will be surprised how a strong set of abs will help with about anything you do. like bones said its pretty much a package deal. running helps the sittups sittups help the pull ups pull ups helps the run you will notice that when the numbers improve in one thing they also improve on the next thing. Majic? nah just sweat!!

JCM19
01-12-03, 06:13 PM
Thank you all for the advice. Now its time to get to working on the numbers!