PDA

View Full Version : Educational benefits for the reserves?

collegeisnt4me
09-05-06, 11:03 PM
I enlisted for the Marine reserves and I am curious as what benefits I will be receiving for "educational purposes"

Marine84
09-06-06, 07:40 AM
Somebody has to get the popcorn this time

His_angel
09-06-06, 05:10 PM
Somebody has to get the popcorn this time

http://www.popcornpapa.com/data/partybag.jpg
20 gallon bag oughta be enough for all of us.

Camper51
09-06-06, 05:33 PM
Y'all enjoy the popcorn and I am gonna go hide in the mountains on this one...

Marine84
09-06-06, 05:57 PM
Dang Camper - it ain't gonna be any fun without ya!

Cool Angel AND it's already popped - BONUS!

Kid - if the "educational benifits" are what you're going in for - rethink the Corps. Why do a lot of your guys think the Marine Corps is a freakin' college? I'm sure your state has SOME sort of way for you to get a college education so you won't even have to join ANY branch of service. At least with a government loan, you can always outrun the debt and may never have to make the commitment to pay it back. If you do it through the Corps - you HAVE to make the commitment to pay it back...................in sweat, blood and a lot of tears - are YOU ready for that kind of commitment? It may take you longer to do it too because, in the Corps (Reserve or not), you are ALWAYS deployable!

Are YOU ready?

His_angel
09-06-06, 08:09 PM
Well I ain't one of those 1/2 arsed type of Marines there Kim. Of course it's popped.

Ironic your s/n is "collegeisnt4me" yet you ask about benefits for "educational purposes."

There are probably some here who can answer your question better than myself. I knew when I enlisted that I didn't want to go back to college and would rather have the money than have it going to some fund that I may or may not use at a later date.

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-06-06, 10:00 PM
If you enlisted then you should know to ask your recruiter, he can give you all the information you need.