PDA

View Full Version : My Day Is Complete

MillRatUSMC
09-05-06, 03:27 PM
:flag:
When we (Rose granddaughter, AJ grandson and I) were returning from school and we were taking a short-cut walking down this alley to enter through the back door of the house.
A car was coming behind us and we got off to the side as he drove by I saw the Marine Corps cap, almost like my last Marine Corps cap.
I yelled out Semper Fi than he parks at the end of block about two houses down.
I never knew he was in the Corps.
So I went to have a few words and AJ wanted to come along.
I almost told AJ (age 7) that it was alright, I rather have these few words just between the two of us.
AJ almost started to cry, so I said OK come on.
We had a few words and exchanged names.
Walking back, AJ tells me'
You know I Like MARINES!

That why he wanted to meet that Marine as he met several of my Marine friends.

I don't believe that I ever felt so much pride in my grandson before.

But it sure made my day complete...

:usmc:

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

PS
His avatar on AOL is the Marine Corps Seal that he chose by his lonesome.

Static_Sky25
09-05-06, 03:57 PM
then we'll have MillMouseUSMC ;)

lucien2
09-05-06, 04:06 PM
oooh friggggin rahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MillRatUSMC
09-05-06, 04:16 PM
A few words on my grandson AJ, I really shouldn't be surprised.
How could he not love Marines, he been around them all his young life.
From his "Pa Pa" besides one uncle and a cousin (my youngest step-son).
Than meeting two Marine recruiters at a shopping mall, who render him a salute on see his Marine Corps cover.
Than meeting several of my Marine friend, and seeing how we conduct ourselves.
The respect I render them and they return to me.
Besides seeing everything I have on my "Love Me" wall that says Marine Corps all over it.
Those images must be in-printing in my grandson mind.
His mom is not too keen of thinking her young son as a Marine.
But I think he will follow me into the Corps.
If he is to die in a future battlefield, he will have died in the service to his Nation.
All that will happen in the future will be God's will.
AJ, you made your "Pa Pa" a mighty proud man.
And I proud to have you as my grandson, but I love all my other grandchildren as much as I love you...
I know that your tears would have been of disappointment
and of fear that you would not meet another Marine.
These have been the thoughts of a man, who served this Nation
In the United States Marine Corps and a mighty proud Pa Pa to AJ

MillRatUSMC
09-05-06, 05:10 PM
http://www.geocities.com/millrat_99/aj_06.html

What my grandson looks like..

The first photo was taken last year for Christmas...

In the second photo, a few week before he had broken his arm.
And as usual, he cutting around...can't keep the boy down.

jerryk
09-05-06, 06:14 PM
you know nothing wrong with a small kid wanting to be one ,i did, my father was on tarawa in ww-2 ,my brother was killed in korea ,i was in vietnam 2 time and my son came back from iraq, all was a marine am proud of all my people all served in the corps in a combat zone they all was true americans that serveded their country when we need them just hope if i do have a grand son that he will follow in out foot steps to do the same you should be proud my friend

jerryk
09-05-06, 06:20 PM
also selute the small lad from a old war horse from liberty ,texas would be proud to meet him for just saying that he wants to be one

Zulu 36
09-05-06, 07:07 PM
AJ is a cute little guy. He'd probably get along just great with my 8-year old son, who also wants to be a Marine - if he doesn't go 13-foot gator hunting with a T-ball bat any more.

My two daughters are sissies, they want to be in the Air Force. My oldest already is and if she passes her five-level skill exam in November she is going to volunteer for a deployment to Iraq in 2007.

If she volunteers and goes I won't call her a sissy any more. She could go to Ramstein, Germany, but wants the combat zone brag rags instead.

The Daddy in me says "Go to Germany!" But the Marine in me says "Go to Iraq!" The Marine won. My soon-to-be-ex is p*ssed at me for "encouraging her" to go to Iraq. Yeah, so?

MillRatUSMC
09-05-06, 08:04 PM
Thank You my dear Marines for your kind words to me and my young grandson.
Who stands in awe of all of you, who I think that a few words from you to him, would be the greatest thing.
He just went by me...doing what young men do...feed their faces...

GySgtRet
09-06-06, 05:48 AM
During my 20 years in the Corps I made liberty runs home to Pa every now and then. I have neices and nephews of course. Over those years I know for fact that most of them looked up at me as a pilar and admired me. When they got older one looked at me and said uncle Ed you are my favorite uncle, I asked why??? She said because you are a Marine. I asked why that made a difference? Because of the way you are hamsom in uniform, the way I carry myself. She was 8 years old. But this isn't just one neice or nephew that said this over the years, there have been 5 neices and nephews that have said the same things. None of them have joined the Corps, but I don't care about that so much. To this day they show respect to the Corps. The first neice I mentioned did attempt to go to the Corps she told me when she graduated from college in 94 that for the longest time she had the desire to be a Marine so she went to OCS at Quantico. She didn't make it due to stress fractures to both of her legs, she was so close. To this day she still has respect to the Corps.

Anyway, I am glad to see that your grandson has these feeling of respect towards we the few, we the proud, United States Marines...

OOH RAH...!!! Semper Fi

CoffeeHead20
09-06-06, 07:40 AM
Really "ICHIBAN" posts. Refreshingly so ! Arigato....

FistFu68
09-06-06, 10:52 AM
:usmc: RICARDO,YOU KNOW WHAT I SEE;WHEN I LOOK AT THAT PICTURE OF YOU'R GRANDSON? I SEE YOU!!!NO CHIT~BEFORE THE MADNESS OF THE WORLD SET IN!IM GOING TO GET TOGETHER;WITH FORMER MARINE PARACHUTEIST,AND WERE GONNA DO A JUMP AT BROWN FIELD,QUANTICO!YOU AND YOU'R GRANDSON COME SIT IN THE FRONT ROW SEAT'S AS MY GUEST!HELL, BROTHER ONCE HE SEE'S THAT! HE'S GONNA WANT TO BE A MARINE~RECON~ LIKE HIS GRANDPAPA WAS! (OOHRAH ALL THE WAY):usmc:

beakerless
09-07-06, 07:17 AM
That's a fine looking young man Rch. My little guy doesn't have the language skills to spell it out like that yet but at the last local parade he pointed when he saw a female Marine in uniform and said, "Nawnee, she like you". I guess he's noticed the photo prominently displayed in my living room.

thedrifter
09-07-06, 07:27 AM
Good to Go!

Our grandson just turned one.

I will be going up to Jersey in 2 weeks to go see him..

He will be getting his 2 pair of cammies, since he out grew the other.;)

We continue the Pride now through the grandson...

Ellie