View Full Version : Pictures From Parris Island

Mama
09-04-06, 02:41 PM
As promised, some are finally uploaded

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g41/Gwenyfur/Parris%20Island/

:banana:

His_angel
09-04-06, 03:25 PM
Those pictures sure brought back some memories. Thanks for taking the pictures and sharing them with us.

Marine84
09-04-06, 04:51 PM
Cool pics Mama - ain't it amazing too that the Corps taught her to get straight up in the morning too? HAHAAHAHAHA! That was one thing my Dad couldn't get over - he used to always end up yelling at me to make me finally get up - any time I stayed in the house with him after that, he couldn't get over how I came straight awake the first time he said my name.

jackson07
09-04-06, 05:04 PM
Thanks for posting those amazing pictures.:thumbup:

GySgtRet
09-04-06, 06:48 PM
Just simply outstanding. Thank you for taking the great pictures of Parris Island. Now I know what it looks like.

Congratulations again Pfc Micahel...!!!

teddyn
09-04-06, 10:00 PM
Awesome pics, they make me wish I could head over to Parris Island right away! Lol, although pictures of graduation I would imagine hide the pain and general scariness of the training :) You'd practically think that it was the end of summer camp, not war training :S
Thanks for putting the effort into posting them though, it's nice to have images in the mind to match to the experiences I keep hearing about...

devildoghopeful
09-05-06, 05:00 AM
Awesome Mama!

fraser
09-05-06, 07:27 AM
cool pictures

DaveXIII90
09-05-06, 07:54 AM
Those are some very nice pictures. I cannot wait to see that place for myself. You also must be one very proud parent. And I have to take this time to thank you, Mama. The armed forces is a dangerous job, which is very obvious to all of us. Any job in which you could lose your life is a hard thing to think about. BUt, we also all know the great things to look forward to in the military-and I thank you-you know why? Because a hell of a lot of parents in America do not take the time to understand why their sons/daughters want to be in the mlitary- and they also dont understand the great things that we can make of the military- Im sure your daughter has the greatest appreciation for your support of her decision to be a Marine, because not every parent supports their son/daughter like you do. I have no doubt in my mind that that helped your daughter make it through boot camp just a little bit easier.

teddyn
09-05-06, 08:05 AM
Here here!

ckkinders
09-05-06, 12:24 PM
Awesome Pictures!!! Congradulations Mamma!!!

Mama
09-05-06, 09:37 PM
Those are some very nice pictures. I cannot wait to see that place for myself. You also must be one very proud parent. And I have to take this time to thank you, Mama. The armed forces is a dangerous job, which is very obvious to all of us. Any job in which you could lose your life is a hard thing to think about. BUt, we also all know the great things to look forward to in the military-and I thank you-you know why? Because a hell of a lot of parents in America do not take the time to understand why their sons/daughters want to be in the mlitary- and they also dont understand the great things that we can make of the military- Im sure your daughter has the greatest appreciation for your support of her decision to be a Marine, because not every parent supports their son/daughter like you do. I have no doubt in my mind that that helped your daughter make it through boot camp just a little bit easier.

It's the very *least* I could do for her...and her fellow recruits...

Thanks Dave...:flag:

Mama
09-05-06, 09:38 PM
Those pictures sure brought back some memories. Thanks for taking the pictures and sharing them with us.

Anytime angel :) I admit we took about 20 times what I got uploaded, but uploading over 500 pics was kinda outa the question LOL!:D

quillhill
09-05-06, 10:49 PM
Damn, I got a little misty eyed right there. I would like a pic of Kaydra eating one of my oreos. It took all the discipline I have to not eat one of them packages of doublestuffs and just leave them all in the box.

LOL.

Those are some awesome pics. Thanks, Mama, for sharing, not just the pics, but through out the process of Kaydra becoming a Marine. It's been awesome.

Mama
09-07-06, 01:07 AM
Got your pics taken, will get 'em up sometime soon.

Starting another 11 day run of 12 hours shifts so bare with me :)

MetalManiac
09-08-06, 11:50 AM
Congrats!

Mama
09-11-06, 04:51 PM
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g41/Gwenyfur/Kaydra%20Senior%20PIcs/Boot%20leave/Picture038.jpg

Here ya go QuillHill :)

She's munching out ROFL

quillhill
09-11-06, 10:21 PM
I may print that out so Jason can take it to work and show his people where them Oreos went. LOL
Thanks! That's awesome. Jason got a kick out of that. ;)

Mama
09-11-06, 11:48 PM
You're more than welcome
Caught her veggin' n munchin' on the couch...sorry it took so long for me to post it

Barret
09-12-06, 07:58 PM
I guess Ms. Michael has a thing for Oreos.;)