PDA

View Full Version : On celebrating Labor Day but not the unions

MillRatUSMC
09-04-06, 09:41 AM
http://www.geocities.com/millrat_99/abitofwit.gif

:mad:
I used to write some messages as "A little of THIS and a whole lot of THAT.
In between I also wrote some thoughts as a Bit of Wit from the GRUNT.
Not that he had more wits than everybody else.
I've decided to lay to rest "A little of THIS and a whole lot of THAT" the logo above will be my new format.
That lays the ground work for this reply or thoughts on see some messages that state the title of this message.

As a card carrying retired member of Local 1010 of the United Steelworkers of America.
I must take an opposing views as the authors of those articles were just Americans as am I.
Their is only their views.
I would ask, what conditions in America made it necessary for Unions to be created?
Many of the owners and big money, they or their father bought others to fight in their stead as "Substitues" in the war between the States.
Most of the "Substitues" had just arrived here in America from Europe and were dirt poor.
Not the best of men to put their ideals of service in the companies they founded.
Child labor, unsafe conditions and reprisals by bosses on some were the conditions that made it a necessity that the workers united for self or mutal protection against all these practices.
Corruption and its influence in politics is well known, but its not limited to the Unions as current events now in our past have shown us.
There's countless lobbyists in Washington, D.C pushing their agenda, and alot of times its not to American public advantage.
One read of why nations go to war, and its not to spend money, its to make money.
Sun Tzu told us the way to lose a war or the Nation back than was to spend more of one's treasury than one had.
Well, we're spend a great deal of the public treasury while others are getting filthy rich as I saw from my view in Vietnam and I see again.
Yes, there corruption in the Unions, but their also hard working men and women fighting to protect their fellow co-workers.
These have been of a retired but not retarded Steelworker

FistFu68
09-04-06, 11:57 AM
:beer: Have a Good Labor~Day~Every One!Lord Know's We own it to Ourselve's.( ONCE A GRUNT~ALWAY'S A GRUNT):beer:

Plaid Lima
09-04-06, 07:28 PM
http://www.geocities.com/millrat_99/abitofwit.gif

:mad:
I used to write some messages as "A little of THIS and a whole lot of THAT.
In between I also wrote some thoughts as a Bit of Wit from the GRUNT.
Not that he had more wits than everybody else.
I've decided to lay to rest "A little of THIS and a whole lot of THAT" the logo above will be my new format.
That lays the ground work for this reply or thoughts on see some messages that state the title of this message.

As a card carrying retired member of Local 1010 of the United Steelworkers of America.
I must take an opposing views as the authors of those articles were just Americans as am I.
Their is only their views.
I would ask, what conditions in America made it necessary for Unions to be created?
Many of the owners and big money, they or their father bought others to fight in their stead as "Substitues" in the war between the States.
Most of the "Substitues" had just arrived here in America from Europe and were dirt poor.
Not the best of men to put their ideals of service in the companies they founded.
Child labor, unsafe conditions and reprisals by bosses on some were the conditions that made it a necessity that the workers united for self or mutal protection against all these practices.
Corruption and its influence in politics is well known, but its not limited to the Unions as current events now in our past have shown us.
There's countless lobbyists in Washington, D.C pushing their agenda, and alot of times its not to American public advantage.
One read of why nations go to war, and its not to spend money, its to make money.
Sun Tzu told us the way to lose a war or the Nation back than was to spend more of one's treasury than one had.
Well, we're spend a great deal of the public treasury while others are getting filthy rich as I saw from my view in Vietnam and I see again.
Yes, there corruption in the Unions, but their also hard working men and women fighting to protect their fellow co-workers.
These have been of a retired but not retarded Steelworker

Osama bin Ladin bankrupted Russia and that is what he said he is going to do to America.

You must never believe that the enemy does not know how to conduct his own affairs. Indeed, if you want to be deceived less and want to bear less danger, the more the enemy is weak or the less the enemy is cautious, so much more must you esteem him.

The greatest remedy that is used against a plan of the enemy is to do voluntarily what he plans that you do by force

MillRatUSMC
09-05-06, 12:08 AM
That is my greatest fear...that they are doing to us what they did to russkies.
Making us spend more and more, besides putting a great deal of stress on the military.
They have the blueprint and they know how to use that blueprint.
Besides putting pressure on the dollars by making the sale of sweet oil crude in euros as opposed to the U.S dollar.
I feel like they have us one of those torture stretching devices and they're stretching us for all it worth.
On reading about guerrilla warfare and some of the teachings by practitioners of that form of combat, a guerrilla wins just by surviving to fight another day.
We haven't even come close to capturing bin laden the master-mind of 911 and his cohorts.
There was were our focus should have been from the git-go.
We had containment in Iraq.
Iraq and Iran were moral enemies, we got rid of Saddam, by the elections we will be getting a shiite majority that has ties to Iran, Syria also Lebanon.
Can you imagine the power that combination would wield?
I read that we best starting doing some research like we did to produce the atom bomb to get off being depend on oil to power our autos.
As it stands now, those that have the crude are calling the shots because all that oil translates to big bucks.
Talking about big bucks, what happened to all that money that was recovered after over-throwing Saddam.
Also that was not all of the money that was in Iraq before we invaded.
A lot was shipped out of Iraq.
Where they depending on all this money to rebuild Iraq?
Is it easier to see the problems from hindsight?
Possibly...
Today I was asked "Do you support the troops"
Reasonable question...
Prompt in a reply in what way?
By displaying a sign, magnetic sign to show support.
Sending care packages as a sign support.
But as a sage of Marine that I know tells us that these are not times like World War II, at that time the whole nation was mobilized to fight that war.
Now it's only a volunteer military, that is over-worked, over-stress and over-deployed.
How many have set aside their priorities to go and render a hand to aid this military?
How many actors, pro sport figures and those attending our schools of higher learning?
Their priorities is to make money, that the bottom line
Are all these American showing support for the troops?
Their selfish interest will not allow that.
So how do we really show support?
Try to find an honorable to the problems were facing.
Get off oil dependency ASAP.
Seel leaders that will have the guts to do whatever we need doing to gets back to being a world power.
No, we can be defeated by IDE's but it will require us spending a great deal of our budget.
General Anthong Zinni suggested that we Marines speak our minds and he surely has spoken his mind.
James Webb was outspoken before Iraq and he still is outspoken is this supporting the troops.
I will leave that to someone else to make a judgement.
But I do respect these two fine Marine Officers.
They doing what needs doing, even if it costs them.
Might some of our Offcier take a hint from them?
I will close with these words spoken a long time ago;
"A popular government without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy, or perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives." - James Madison, from a letter to W.T. Barry, August 4, 1822.
Thank You Mr. President...