PDA

View Full Version : Hoodlum Marines

MetalManiac
09-03-06, 09:36 PM
Well I haven't been in the FMF since 2002, but I remember a staggering problem back then with "Hoodlum Marines". A problem that plagued all races and both genders of junior Marines.

If this is still a problem (and Im sure it is), you can stop the Marines and tell them their clothing is unacceptable! I really hated seeing Marines with pants sagging around thier ankles, wearing doo rags and a hat tilted to either side. It's disgusting and it is no way a Marine should dress.

If you are reading this and you are a Hoodlum Marine, you dont look "cool" or "hip", you look rediculous and nothing like a Marine.

-out

USMC_INFANTRY
09-03-06, 10:39 PM
I agree! Most of them wanna-be thugs only are actors, if they are "real thugs" then they wouldn't be Marines, they be back home being a thug. The only way to keep this out of our Corps is "aggressive" leadership by NCO's and above. When I say "aggressive", I mean "constant" corrections and supervision; leaders have to take time on liberty to stop at the barracks and see what Marines are doing. Duty NCO's need to stop Marines who leave the barracks in "do-rags", and improper civilian attire..ect Platoon Sgt's have to let their Marines know from "day one" that will not be tolerated and that they are being watched at all times.

MetalManiac
09-03-06, 10:45 PM
it leads to complacency and serious lack of attention to detail

USMC_INFANTRY
09-05-06, 06:13 PM
Negative...if a Plt Sgt and his sqaud leaders/section leaders are on the same page; it will become muscle memory to the platoon. I did 3 years at MCRD as a "HAT" and never got complacent or lacked attention to detail, because if I did I had to pay; it takes allot of work, but it can be done. I do it with my platoon, and I am the last Plt Sgt to leave in my company on a daily basis, but it will pay off later...

MetalManiac
09-06-06, 12:02 AM
Negative...if a Plt Sgt and his sqaud leaders/section leaders are on the same page; it will become muscle memory to the platoon. I did 3 years at MCRD as a "HAT" and never got complacent or lacked attention to detail, because if I did I had to pay; it takes allot of work, but it can be done. I do it with my platoon, and I am the last Plt Sgt to leave in my company on a daily basis, but it will pay off later...

I meant that dressing like a hoodlum leads to complacency and a lack of attention to detail, something I am sure you have seen

did you post in the wrong thread?

USMC_INFANTRY
09-06-06, 12:34 AM
Oh ok...no I mis-understood your last statement; but you and I are on the same page. I do see what you are talking about, I am stationed at Camp Pendleton, so belive me when I say.."I see it!" But I will continue to make the corrections as needed. It's getting better at Camp Horno, I am seeing young NCO's make corrections and it's a motivating thing to see. I remember when I first got there, and it was bad...but it's getting back to the way it's supposed to be; in 2/1 at least it is...Semper Fi!