PDA

View Full Version : Poolees/Infantry MOS/.....Girlfriends?

Achped
09-02-06, 09:21 PM
Alright, so pretty much here's my life.

Finish my senior year.:beer:

Go to Parris Island.:evilgrin:

Go to School of Infantry:idea:

Go to Fleet (which most likely means Iraq, or by then somewhere even worse)

As you can see, I really have no time to settle down or have a serious relationship starting June 11, 2007.

But, I'm in one now.

I just had a serious talk with my girlfriend and she's really (insert everything you've ever heard a teenager say about his girlfriend and how she's the greatest thing in the world here), but I seriously *know* it wouldn't work out.

But, I don't want to just break up with her because I'm joining the Corps. I mean, how should I word it?

I definitely am going to break up with her, don't worry guys. The Corps is getting all its moneys worth on me, but I just don't know what would be the easiest way to do it. She's obviously going to ask why and since everything has been going really good between us I don't just wanna be like "Uhh, because the Corps needs me." You know?

Lepke
09-02-06, 11:03 PM

Finish my senior year.:beer:

Go to Parris Island.:evilgrin:

Go to School of Infantry:idea:

As you can see, I really have no time to settle down or have a serious relationship starting June 11, 2007.

But, I'm in one now.

I just had a serious talk with my girlfriend and she's really (insert everything you've ever heard a teenager say about his girlfriend and how she's the greatest thing in the world here), but I seriously *know* it wouldn't work out.

But, I don't want to just break up with her because I'm joining the Corps. I mean, how should I word it?

I definitely am going to break up with her, don't worry guys. The Corps is getting all its moneys worth on me, but I just don't know what would be the easiest way to do it. She's obviously going to ask why and since everything has been going really good between us I don't just wanna be like "Uhh, because the Corps needs me." You know?

I'm just a Poolee too, and I dont know the rules here about Poolee's answering other Poolee's questions, so if I am in the wrong, please let me know and I'll delete this.

Based on the above post, you seem to really like this girl. My advice to you would be; don't break up with her. Sure, most relationships fail when one of the people go into the military, but give it a shot. Then, if it doesn't work out, atleast you tried man. I mean, ****, what do you have to lose? Good luck.

Just my two cents.

WannabeDevildog
09-02-06, 11:37 PM
I'll second that. Let it be her decision. I don't know how serious you two are, but me and my GF are going on three years. We've talked about me joining the Corps and although she doesn't want me to do it, she knows it's something I want, and feel I should do, not only for myself, but for my country. You sound like you are very into this girl, and the feelings are probably mutual, so if it's meant to be, than stuff will work out. If she really likes you, she'll support you in your decision and be waiting for you when you get back. If not, then it wasn't meant to be.

FutureMarine630
09-03-06, 01:25 AM
I have to agree with the last two posters on this one. Me and my girlfriend have been together a year a half now, and she knows what can happen to me when i join, but she supports me 110%. Just because they say 90% of relationships fail in the military let alone highschool doesnt mean you cant be party of the 10% that makes it. Screw the stats on it, make your own, its up to the two of you if you make it or not, not the stats or the military. Go for it bro.

Travis

Jfloirendo
09-03-06, 01:57 AM
Yea it is a hard decision but you should just try to work it out. I've been with my girlfriend for almost 3 years and even though she is upset about it, she still supports me and wants to try to see if it will work out. It's going to be tougher on you because you're going infantry but if you like her enough, stay with it man, believe me you'll need some of that motivation through boot camp.

STA0311
09-03-06, 02:48 AM
Well hey, if you are nice to her about it...you may at least have something for 96's LOL. I am kidding.
There have been soooo many posts asking about Girlfriend BS lately. If the girl is good...she will stay by your side...mine did for all 8 years, and she is still there. We got together when I was on Leave (knew eachother in HS), then after an OKI deployment we got married...and she earned her right to wear whatever USMC shirt she wants by taking care of me and giving a damn about my guys in my platoons.
But if you chance it and find out that she is getting hers on the side while you are gone, then dont be a mental freak case. Just say cool and go get yourself something new.
It takes alot, and anyone that was married young like me can tell you, it is HARD, especially as a GRUNT. But it pays off in the end more than you can imagine.

Covey_Rider
09-03-06, 03:17 AM
Hey I just had the SAME talk with my girlfriend lol...We're really close etc. She wants to stay with me though and stay devoted to me...so we'll see. I say if she's worth it, stick with her and see where the relationship goes. Consider everything else that happens a test to check up on how strong that bond really is.

WJason777
09-03-06, 05:14 AM
I'll second that. Let it be her decision. I don't know how serious you two are, but me and my GF are going on three years. We've talked about me joining the Corps and although she doesn't want me to do it, she knows it's something I want, and feel I should do, not only for myself, but for my country. You sound like you are very into this girl, and the feelings are probably mutual, so if it's meant to be, than stuff will work out. If she really likes you, she'll support you in your decision and be waiting for you when you get back. If not, then it wasn't meant to be.

My girlfriend is the same way she understand that this is something ive been wanting for a long time and there is nothing she could do to stop me. Shes even thinking about joining.

Achped
09-03-06, 07:57 AM
Alright guys thanks for the replies, now I have one more question.

Can we get married while in DEP?

rofl, just kidding.

Achped
09-03-06, 10:40 AM
Hmm, I guess I didn't mention this.

She's not totally "supportive" of the fact that I'm joining the Marines.

She gets upset when I go to PT on Tues and Thurs nights with my RS, and just doesn't feel like I made a "good" decision.

JWG
09-03-06, 01:15 PM

She gets upset when I go to PT on Tues and Thurs nights with my RS, and just doesn't feel like I made a "good" decision.

That changes everything, Brother...!!!

If she gets upset with 1-2 weekly SESSIONS of mere PT, then how do you think she will cope with years at a time away!??!?

Common sense would tell me, her or the Corps. Can't have both.. atleast not in the long run.

Just my pretty pennies on the subject.. either way, don't say I didn't tell you so.

WJason777
09-03-06, 02:22 PM

Who is she to be worried about the decisions your making in your life? Dont get me wrong or anything she is your girlfriend and everything but just like JWG said if shes getting mad because you taking 2 nights out of the week just to do PT with your RS then what about all those nights when your in Boot Camp? I think you should just leave her, there will be alot other women.

His_angel
09-03-06, 03:09 PM
Just be honest with her. Obviously you don't have the same goals for the future. Really. If she's got hang ups about a few hours a week then she's really not going to understand your being away for training, schools, deployments or anything else. If you have feelings for her then just respect her and yourself enough to be honest with her. Lay it out for her. Who knows? Maybe she doesn't like the Marine Corps because she see's it as a threat taking away her boyfriend? Much like she might would view another female.

outlaw3179
09-03-06, 03:16 PM
Seriously im with STA0311 . Be nice to her. If shes cool it will work out. If it doesnt you know youll have some guaranteed when you get home. Try not to make it to difficult. Your young, theres no reason to have a gf in the Marine Corps. There are way too many girls to be had during your time in.

Kildars
09-05-06, 06:59 PM
There's always more fish in the sea IMO.

Do what YOU want first, then find a girl last.
If she's not supportive or you think it will drag you down, end it. It's simple.

Adam1988
09-08-06, 04:49 AM
I also have a girlfriend of a long time. The only thing that worries me is the staying faithful, you know? Another thing that bothers me is what if she didn't but I never found out about it. And I don't exactly know why that bothers me, but it does. If I did find out though, it'd be over in a second!

FooDawg
09-08-06, 03:03 PM
I also have a girlfriend of a long time. The only thing that worries me is the staying faithful, you know? Another thing that bothers me is what if she didn't but I never found out about it. And I don't exactly know why that bothers me, but it does. If I did find out though, it'd be over in a second!
Its a tough hurdle to face that many of us deal with all the time. I am living with my gf now and it changes everything. Makes my decision extremely hard, but she is trying to be as supportive as possible. I am also paranoid of her cheating, but I figure this, if shes gonna cheat, she'll cheat whether im in the Marine Corps and deployed somewhere or im at work/school. If they are gonna cheat, they are gonna cheat no matter what. Same goes for myself, if im gonna cheat, itll just happen. I wouldnt do it out of guilt and respect and if it ever did happen, I would be honest about it in a heartbeat. I just ask for the same mutual respect. I assume if it's too much for her she will leave me or vice versa. I hope it works out because shes a real special girl to me and my bestfriend at that. If not, I assume we can salvage a friendship over time. I can settle for that if its too much of a burden on her.

But its my decision ultimately and I have to do the things in my life that make sense to me and make me happy. I always have. Once we all realize that, I think our quality of life goes up and our means of independence makes us more confident. Just think about that when making your decisions. And that goes for any decision we make in life.

Marine84
09-08-06, 03:56 PM
You guys are so worried about your girlfriends stepping out on you - what do you think YOU'RE gonna do when you get in the Corps? You'll have MORE temptation thrown at YOU than she will staying behind.

Look fellas, if your girls don't want to hang in there with you - DUMP 'EM! THEIR stuff is not the last piece you're gonna get and besides, if you go overseas, it's hard to say no to some little bar girl when all you have to do for it is buy her M&Ms, you know?

Kildars
09-08-06, 04:12 PM
Marine84 is right, you guys have your whole lives ahead of you, chances are she ISN'T the one you're gonna marry. I know that if/when I get into the Corps I'll be ending it with my girlfriend the day I ship off to boot camp. She's an amazing girl, but I've wanted to be a Marine since I was about four years old, she's only been in my life for two years. So -- Marine Corps > Her. I know that I'll be stationed somewhere else other than here and I want to live my life to the fullest not be "held back" by a long distance relationship and I want to show her the same respect by allowing her to live her life and feel like she has to worry about me etc..

If it's meant to be it will happen, if not at least you know you lived your life the best you could.

Echo5November
09-08-06, 04:25 PM
You have to buy her more than M&Ms. In Okinawa it takes a $10 4oz. glass of orange juice, and then $100 for her bar fine. In South Korea its 10000 wan (about $50). In Thailand it really only takes M&Ms and about 400 baht (around $35). In the Phillipines its about 500 pesos ($32). Not that I would know or anything

cplbrooks
09-08-06, 05:05 PM
Achped,

These guys are giving you bad scoop. Pay attention because i am giving you pearls here. Whatever you do dont break up with her until after your ten days of boot leave. You will regret it if you break up with her before that. After that it is over anyway. Dont have any serious talks about it right now or anytime until your last day of boot leave. Lets see if you can figure out why. Trust me on this. You will thank me later.

Kildars
09-08-06, 05:37 PM
Achped,

These guys are giving you bad scoop. Pay attention because i am giving you pearls here. Whatever you do dont break up with her until after your ten days of boot leave. You will regret it if you break up with her before that. After that it is over anyway. Dont have any serious talks about it right now or anytime until your last day of boot leave. Lets see if you can figure out why. Trust me on this. You will thank me later.

Very good point.

Adam1988
09-08-06, 06:08 PM
I see what you're saying cplbrooks, but you can't tell me it's impossible to stay together faithfully, I'm sure many have tried and succeeded. Why go looking for more boom boom when you already have what you want?

Tallboot
09-08-06, 06:31 PM
Marine Corps is best decision youll ever make, Id like to say you could keep her and come back and shell still be there like in the old days, but i think things have changed. My Recruiter told us all on the bus one time, "For those of you boys thinking of getting married, or trying to keep a gf while your gone ... Just remeber when a women comes up sucky? sucky? on your off time, what you gunna do" we all busted laughing.

Tallboot
09-08-06, 06:43 PM
I see what you're saying cplbrooks, but you can't tell me it's impossible to stay together faithfully, I'm sure many have tried and succeeded. Why go looking for more boom boom when you already have what you want?

Because what you want (her) might end up in your face .. Id rather finish the business now then later on down the road and she getting the boom boom.

cplbrooks
09-08-06, 09:15 PM

I guess i have to spell it out. For those of you thinking about cutting your girlfriends loose before boot camp, just hold out so you can get some on your boot leave. After that the relationship wont last. If you dont believe me then try it.

Half of the boot camp platoon had their women leave during boot camp. The other half didnt make it through SOI.

Then again what do i know. Your relationship is probably "special" not like the rest of us who went through it before you.

cplbrooks
09-08-06, 09:20 PM
Marine Corps is best decision youll ever make, Id like to say you could keep her and come back and shell still be there like in the old days, but i think things have changed. My Recruiter told us all on the bus one time, "For those of you boys thinking of getting married, or trying to keep a gf while your gone ... Just remeber when a women comes up sucky? sucky? on your off time, what you gunna do" we all busted laughing.

For those of you that think that there will be tons of boom boom while you are away, think again. You will be on a base with thousands of other single Marines and the only women around are the wives or daughters of other Marines which you will be wise to stay away from. Why do you think there are so many strip clubs in Jacksonville, NC (Camp Lejeune)? Because there is no other action. So get your last piece before you go to MCT or SOI or whatever school you will be headed to because it might be the last action you will get for awhile. That is why i say keep the girlfriend until after boot leave.

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-08-06, 10:38 PM
CplBrooks, I have to disagree. I stayed with my girlfriend and came home to her during boot leave, just like you suggested. Then, in MOS school about 7 months later we broke up, once again... just like you said. Looking back, I think I made the wrong decision. Every girl in town seemed interested in getting inside the Blues coat when I put it on while on leave, and I lost the opportunity because I was still with my girlfriend. That's a whole lot of new "experiences" that I let slip by!!

In all seriousness, I'd been best friends with my girlfriend since we were 5. We are best friends now. But, the Marine Corps made the relationship, that had been going on for about 5 years, simply go away.

WJason777
09-08-06, 11:21 PM
CplBrooks, I have to disagree. I stayed with my girlfriend and came home to her during boot leave, just like you suggested. Then, in MOS school about 7 months later we broke up, once again... just like you said. Looking back, I think I made the wrong decision. Every girl in town seemed interested in getting inside the Blues coat when I put it on while on leave, and I lost the opportunity because I was still with my girlfriend. That's a whole lot of new "experiences" that I let slip by!!

In all seriousness, I'd been best friends with my girlfriend since we were 5. We are best friends now. But, the Marine Corps made the relationship, that had been going on for about 5 years, simply go away.

I bet now that all thoses girls that wanted to get a piece of you are not even around. Its like when you have a girlfriend every girl seem interested in you, but as soon and you too break up no one wants to talk to you.

WJason777
09-08-06, 11:22 PM

How did the Marines made the relationship that you had with your girl go away?

cplbrooks
09-09-06, 10:15 AM
How did the Marines made the relationship that you had with your girl go away?

Simple math, Age of girlfriend + Time + Distance = relationship goes away

Jody + your horny girlfriend = relationship goes away

JReid
09-09-06, 11:37 AM
Jody + your horny girlfriend = relationship goes away

I have heard horror storys about that guy...lol.:cry:

WJason777
09-09-06, 12:29 PM
Whos Jody?

aviator101
09-09-06, 01:18 PM
Jody is your worst friend if you have a girl friend

JReid
09-09-06, 02:02 PM
Jody is the reason your woman is 7 months pregnant when you have been gone for 9...

ZaCalles
09-10-06, 01:05 PM
Me and my girl are engaged to be married sometime late next year hopefully. I love her to death, and am going to give her a shot at remaining faithfull. I can say, that I am remaining caustiously optimistic at best. But I also look at the fact that I am 19, and if she does leave me, I have the Corps to devote myself too, not to mention a whole life ahead of me.

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-10-06, 02:17 PM
It isn't that hard to figure out why relationships don't work in the Marine Corps. If you aren't married and aren't from the area where you are stationed it is hard to see each other. You have to remember that long distance relationships have a very low success rate. Add in the stresses that come with the Marine Corps, and it can be even worse. Nothing like planning a weekend with your girl friend only to find out a few days before that you have duty on Saturday. You're living your life, and she is living hers. When you were together, your lives were really connected. When you are apart, everything you do is on your own. It doesn't take long for people to start seeing things differently.

The nightmare is only worse if you get married. You're far from home, don't have much money, and she is left sitting in a crappy house without any of her friends or family while you are in the field for weeks at a time. I don't know how any Marine wife manages to keep from going crazy, but some do. Most end up deciding that life should be better and they leave.

We see people here all the time thinking they're different. Remember than almost nobody is with their high school girl friend five years later. When you are a Marine your chances are even lower. You may not like it, but it is a fact.

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-10-06, 02:19 PM
Me and my girl are engaged to be married sometime late next year hopefully. I love her to death, and am going to give her a shot at remaining faithfull. I can say, that I am remaining caustiously optimistic at best. But I also look at the fact that I am 19, and if she does leave me, I have the Corps to devote myself too, not to mention a whole life ahead of me.

Please tell me this is a joke! If you aren't positive that the marriage is going to work don't do it man. The people that just know they'll beat the odds and not have problems usually don't make it. If you're already thinking things aren't going to work out you need to save yourself the problems and stay single.

His_angel
09-10-06, 02:51 PM
Okay. I'm not cutting and pasting everything but here I go. Maybe some can follow along that have been reading this thread.

Not a lot of women in the Jacksonville, NC area? *pfft* So they may not be "in town." Though ECU and all the college gals aren't that far away. I know because when I was in college there I dated a Marine first semester. It didn't work out but I did meet another Marine and dated him second semester. And what about the beaches? And the other towns near Jacksonville?

Long distance relationships? Generally don't pan out in the long run. Occasionally they do. Though it seemed to me more times than not that the relationship did not survive long distances or long periods of time apart.

"What happens on deployment stays on deployment." I'm fairly certain this is where Vegas got it's new advertising line from. I was on deployments. Saw plenty of Marines having some fun on the side thinking their wives {sometimes husbands, sometimes girlfriends and sometimes boyfriends} would never find out. Usually they didn't unless the Marine came home with an STD. At the same time I would be on base and see wives stepping out on their Marine husband. Sometimes it was the eclub, sometimes it was a ball game on base, other times it would be a Marine who wasn't their husband going into their house in the wee hours of the morning. Many weren't even discreet about it. Some were at least smart enough to go off the friggin base.

And those "Dear John" letters work both ways. Male Marines weren't the only ones to get them in boot. Male Marines were not the only ones to get them on deployment.

So the Marine might be on deployment cheating on their spouse. Meanwhile the spouse was back home cheating on the Marine. I know of at least one incident personally where this happened. Or be on deployment and see a Marine trying to be faithful to his wife. Take a few days leave while on deployment to visit my then boyfriend. Only to see the Marine's wife cheating on him.

Cheating is not limited to Marines and their spouses though. It can be the business man having a lunchtime affair or taking trips for work that are really for pleasure. Or it can be the woman who gets lonely because her husband is working so many hours or just lost interest. It can be the spouse who feels they aren't getting the attention they need at home so they go elsewhere to get it.

Not all Marines cheat on their spouses. Not all spouses cheat while the Marine is in boot, school, SOI, or deployment. Then again not all civilians are faithful either.

You want to try to make a relationship work? Then try. If you want to break up to make things easier? Or to not get a "Dear John" letter in boot or somewhere else down the line? Guess I should mention that breaking up does not equate cheating. Some just get tired of being alone more time than they are with someone. Cheaters will usually not want to leave the comfort of a relationship even though they aren't happy in it any longer.

Me? I knew I wasn't cut out for long distance relationships. Again, cheating happens for many reasons. The first Marine I dated in college? He cheated on me. And was stupid enough to show up at the one place I frequented on the weekends with the girl he was cheating with. Though for all I know he could have been seeing her all along too and was cheating on her as well. I'd usually just break up with someone once I lost interest. At least I'd have my self respect.

Cheaters lie. And usually those lies will catch up. I can forgive someone of a lot of things. Cheating on me is NOT one of them.

ZaCalles
09-10-06, 09:07 PM
Please tell me this is a joke! If you aren't positive that the marriage is going to work don't do it man. The people that just know they'll beat the odds and not have problems usually don't make it. If you're already thinking things aren't going to work out you need to save yourself the problems and stay single.

All Im trying to say, is that I have a good grip on reality. Not life in the Military, or long distance relationships, but I think i have a pretty good head on my shoulders. When I say im remaining cautiously optimistic, I only mean that I can trust myself not to do anything, but what she does is up to her. I was only trying to say, that life moves on without her, as much as i dont want it to, it does.

jinelson
09-10-06, 09:49 PM
Jody is alive and well and still taking care of bussiness while Marines are deployed. You would think that he would die or at least slow down after all these many many many years lol.

WhiteRabbit
09-10-06, 10:22 PM
What if the Marine is married to a woman in the Army?

His_angel
09-10-06, 10:45 PM
What if the Marine is married to a woman in the Army?

Then I'd guess they spend a lot of time apart.

WhiteRabbit
09-10-06, 11:31 PM
Guess I'll have to make it work, eh? heh

J-Ro
09-11-06, 02:08 AM
Here is the best way to word it, Achped ;)

~Cadence

I had a Girl in Petersburg Town
Marine Corps life was a gettin her down

She said it was either me or the Corps
DON'T WANT TO GO BACK TO PETERSBURG, NO MORE

MARINE CORPS!!!

MARINE CORPS!!!

she'll understand, I think it's a nice thought to try to hold on to relationships like that, but before you know it she'll be off with Jodi while your still training.
I've been their brother

"In the end, I found that I simply didn’t care."<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Adam1988
09-11-06, 11:49 PM
3 words... "Worth a shot."

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-12-06, 01:26 AM
Five words "Don't say you weren't warned."

J-Ro
09-12-06, 01:39 AM
Five words "Don't say you weren't warned."

:beer: we tried Echo4

Barret
09-12-06, 06:55 PM
This is something that I will never like about Military life. Many times, when my dad would come back from deployments, half of his buddies wives would end up leaving them, or cheating on them. It honestly ****es me off. If I ever meet Jodie, I'll kick his ass.:mad:

But anyway, from what I have heard, if the love between you two is true, than you will have no problem. Basically, if you know in your heart that you can't trust your girl by herself, then it isn't worth it in the first place. I'm hoping to become an Officer in the Corps, and sometimes I am thankful for that, because infedelity seems to be much lower in the O-Club. But enlisted Marines can still have a great marriage.

From what I've heard, If you girl cheats on you, it could be some infraction on the UCMJ, because it messes with the morale and well-being of you, and possibly your platoon.

cplbrooks
09-13-06, 09:06 PM
This is something that I will never like about Military life. Many times, when my dad would come back from deployments, half of his buddies wives would end up leaving them, or cheating on them. It honestly ****es me off. If I ever meet Jodie, I'll kick his ass.:mad:

But anyway, from what I have heard, if the love between you two is true, than you will have no problem. Basically, if you know in your heart that you can't trust your girl by herself, then it isn't worth it in the first place. I'm hoping to become an Officer in the Corps, and sometimes I am thankful for that, because infedelity seems to be much lower in the O-Club. But enlisted Marines can still have a great marriage.

From what I've heard, If you girl cheats on you, it could be some infraction on the UCMJ, because it messes with the morale and well-being of you, and possibly your platoon.

Not if the girl does it. UCMJ has no jurisdiction over civilians. It is a violation of the UCMJ if a Marine does it.

Barret
09-13-06, 09:19 PM
Hmm...Too bad. This is the price that Military men and women pay, I guess. I pray to God that my future wife is always faithful. I know that I always will be.

The truth is, the D-word (Divorce) is much more acceptable today. That is probably a good thing, since way back when, even if your husband beat you to a bloody pulp every day, you were shunned upon if you got a divorce.

jcannedy
09-15-06, 07:31 AM

Finish my senior year.images/smilies/beer.gif

Go to Parris Island.images/smilies/evilgrin.gif

Go to School of Infantryimages/smilies/idea.gif

But, I'm in one now.

Dude she is your girlfriend if you dont know how to have a serious talk with her then I doubt your relationship is that strong and I doubt it will last

Achped
09-15-06, 08:00 AM
Are your eyes open?

I said I didn't know how I would BREAK UP with her just because I'm joining the Marines. I never said I couldn't have a serious talk with her.

It doesn't matter though. I'm single now and I'm enjoying it.

jcannedy
09-15-06, 08:13 AM
June 21st 2007 is this your ship date? or is this your ship date.. 20070621

I was told by my recruiter that from now on when I write a date it should be written as Year, Month, Date using numbers. Attention to detail buddy:banana:

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-15-06, 10:37 AM
Yeah, I don't think that date thing ever really stuck with me. The only time I did it was on the contract I think. When I used a date for work it was a jullian (sp?) date that didn't make much sense to anyone else.

Achped
09-15-06, 10:40 AM

They are the same date. I chose to write it as June 21st 2007. Is that okay?

jcannedy
09-15-06, 11:43 AM
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by jcannedy

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

They are the same date. I chose to write it as June 21st 2007. Is that okay?

yeah, i thought you wanted to be a pog so i just wanted to let you know so you didnt mess up any of my paperwork in the future, but i see that you want to be infantry so i guess my remark backfired there

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-15-06, 01:28 PM
Please tell me that you aren't talking down about Marines! Please tell me that you aren't somehow looking down upon men and women that have earned the Title of Marine and happen to be in an administrative job, just because you told your recruiter that you want to be an infantryman. You're in no position to call any Marine a pouge (I assume that's what you were aiming for, we all seem to spell it our own way.). When you earn the title, you can feel free to talk all the smack you want about other Marines, until then just shut up when you think something like that.

FooDawg
09-15-06, 03:21 PM
HAHA, guess that backfired also. I got yelled at for stating something inappropriately yesterday, although I think I explained myself alright. This board is great. :)

jcannedy
09-16-06, 06:30 AM
Echo Four Bravo, in no way was I talking down about other Marines, I thought he was Joining the Chair-Force and wanted to play with pogs! Do you not remember Pogs AKA MilkCaps? Calm down brotha:)

Achped
09-16-06, 07:08 AM
You don't even know me, how on earth could you possibly know what I was thinking about joining?

jcannedy
09-16-06, 07:37 AM
I dont, That is true, I saw an infantry Mos topic so I assume that you want to do infantry I was kidding around too. Calm down motivator

Static_Sky25
09-16-06, 10:49 AM
nevermind helps if I read deeper than the fist page lol

NicksGirl1024
12-18-06, 06:28 PM
my fiance is in bootcamp and we seriously thought of breaking up before he went in because it would be hard for both of us... currently he is half way done with bootcamp and neither him nor i could be happier with our relationship. We are closer now than ever before, so, if you really do love this girl, and think she's worth it... i would say stick it out... play it day to day and ride with it.. you never know how you will feel once you get there.

maysoon
02-18-07, 08:17 PM
Then I'd guess they spend a lot of time apart.

That at least is not bad as the other way around. What about a Marine that marries a civilan man?

Echo_Four_Bravo
02-18-07, 10:34 PM
Assuming the Marine was a female, it isn't much different than a male Marine marrying a civilian woman. The job doesn't change based on the 'fun parts' God gave you.

Motorola07
02-19-07, 12:01 AM
Got the same problem, but she supports me of my decisions. She knows i switched to active duty just not what job. I havent told her i went Infantry. Been 3 months since i switched to active dutry. And we have been together for come up 8 months. She actualy asked me to marry her. And she has another year of high school left. Not sure what to tell her. Told her, id have to think about it. I like this girl alot, but since im not married its the All about the Corps

CJA
02-19-07, 12:24 AM
Asking to get married after only 8 months.. scary..

Motorola07
02-19-07, 12:27 AM
What i thought

TheBiggness
02-19-07, 11:46 AM
uh back to that one dude, if I was deployed with him I wouln't want him thinking about some girl in a hostile checkpoint when the **** hits the fan. Not to mention worrying about ol' Jodie boy messin around.

maysoon
02-20-07, 03:48 AM
If you marry her at such a young age, would she be able to handle the fact that you gotta be there for the man next to you in infantry that you chose? 0311 being a newlywed, yikes! Semper Fedelis...

Hachiro
02-20-07, 04:14 AM
You know you have just got to stop your condescending attitude to those that are actually doing this, been there and done that. <br />
<br />
Bayonet charge.....oooraahhh wtf century are you living in missy?...

killerinstinct
02-20-07, 09:34 AM
Yup such is the case a woman wants to have kids and men want to make them.. makes deployments hard. Some of my friends who loved their wives and kids still spread their genes around the world ( i'm sure their wives did as well).. It's hard but just let it take it's course cuz you never know she might be there till the end. But at least get to sample some other parts of the world.:marine:

poolee18
02-20-07, 10:05 AM
dude if she cant be supportive forget it you dont need that before you go bootcamp im in dep and leaving 20070709 and i dont have a girlfriend and i dont plan to have one until a few yrs later

chris

ZSKI
02-20-07, 06:33 PM
Got the same problem, but she supports me of my decisions. She knows i switched to active duty just not what job. I havent told her i went Infantry. Been 3 months since i switched to active dutry. And we have been together for come up 8 months. She actualy asked me to marry her. And she has another year of high school left. Not sure what to tell her. Told her, id have to think about it. I like this girl alot, but since im not married its the All about the Corps

Negative don't marry her and i am ****ing serious here poolie. That **** never works out. As for the girl my left me in boot, but the DI helped me for get that dam quick

maysoon
02-21-07, 03:53 PM
dude if she cant be supportive forget it you dont need that before you go bootcamp im in dep and leaving 20070709 and i dont have a girlfriend and i dont plan to have one until a few yrs later

chris

Depends if she is the dream of his life. For some, love is more hard to come by, so you cannot necessarily tell. I have done dragonboat racing, so I am aware of teamwork. It is the same. Many a times, there were dedicated people who gave up on their team mates finding love. How many gangs give up on their crew for a woman? More often than not, it isn't that people are 2 faced or anything. They simply DO NOT KNOW THEMSELVES ENOUGH and only see it when they cross they cross that bridge!

Marine84
02-21-07, 05:44 PM
But at least get to sample some other parts of the world.:marine:

After all..................variety IS the spice of life! ;)

poolee18
02-22-07, 09:25 AM
After all..................variety IS the spice of life! ;)
he's got a point there you really cant experience girls until after high school

poolee2008
02-22-07, 02:29 PM
Girls always like it when a guy really loves them, and the bond is strong, but i believe your g/f or b/f. (this is in general to everyone) should truly be supportive of what you're going for. They should represent the civilian side of who you are, Supportive of the corps, and proud as H*LL! If she is all of these and a ball of wax, try and keep her. It should be worth it! I'm a female and I'm enlisting so i that's my expectations for both sides.

Peace:nerd:

Alyssa

JohnWayne
02-23-07, 01:28 AM
Tell her you'll be back in a few years and if she's still looking decent you might call.

devildog790
02-23-07, 08:15 PM
If she is stressing out then that is normal. I have been though my share of relationships in my 4 years of being in the Marines. It is anixity on her part of you become a grunt (infantry) you will spend about 7 months in Iraq so make sure she is prepared for that sort time apart and if she messes around tell her good bye and find the next one. Semper