PDA

View Full Version : Girlfriend

seth220993
08-31-06, 07:27 PM
I have a girlfriend who I love, and who hates the Marine Corps. I, however, want to be a Marine so bad I'm just burning up, can't wait. Will this ruin our relationship, if I enlist in 03XX?

rktect3j
08-31-06, 07:33 PM
Anybody want to field this one?

cplbrooks
08-31-06, 07:36 PM
That relationship is over regardless of MOS but especially 03xx. Do yourself a favor and unload the girlfriend prior to bootcamp. It is one less thing to worry about while you are training.

Half the guys lost their girlfriends while still in boot camp and the other half lost them somewhere during School of Infantry. It is just too much time away from each other for a young relationship to handle.

Women will let you down, the corps is forever.

Semper Fi

P.S. Dont get married unless you are on your second hitch or more. It is too much for most young wives to handle.

thedrifter
08-31-06, 07:59 PM
Nobody should change your mind, it isn't worth it.
You already set your goals to become a Marine...

Go forward without her...
Ellie

His_angel
09-01-06, 02:52 AM
I have a girlfriend who I love, and who hates the Marine Corps. I, however, want to be a Marine so bad I'm just burning up, can't wait. Will this ruin our relationship, if I enlist in 03XX?

1. Please fill out your profile. We'd like to know who we're communicating with.

2. She hates the Corps? She ain't worth your time or affection. As someone already pointed out. Many "relationships" end in boot and of those that survive boot they don't last much longer.

3. Don't tie yourself down at such a young age. There's a big world out there to experience. And a lot of fish in the sea.

Angel

LEADEROFMARINES
09-01-06, 04:00 PM
I think you need to dump that little girlfriend of yours! It's hard to be involved in a relationship when you're first starting out in the Corp. It doesn't matter whether you're male or female. I promise you if you just focus on your MOS when you first get in, the benefits will be awesome! Plus in time you'll have your pick of more women then you can handle! lol Stay moto. By the way Cpl. you're right. "Men let you down, but the Corp is forever!" OORAH!:p

His_angel
09-01-06, 05:40 PM
I deleted my first reply to this because I needed time to think on it.

Dude. You're only friggin 17. It's a big world out there and a lot of fish in the sea. Sure. You have feelings for this girl now. But wait 2 or 3 years and you'll be wondering "what ever happened to ole what's her name?"

Don't let others make your choices for you. Especially some young chickie who doesn't know squat about life yet. If you want to join and pass up the opportunity because of her? Mostly likely if you stay with her or not you'll always resent her for it.

And please fill out your profile. We really like to know who we're talking with on here.

yellowwing
09-01-06, 06:42 PM
uhh...yes. I had a gal that bemoaned the dropping of Fat Man and Little Boy on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I continued on in The Corps and she ended up marrying a Japanese guy. And we both lived happily ever after.