PDA

View Full Version : Movie Trailer - "The Marine"

Kegler300
08-30-06, 10:20 AM
Released by WWE Films starring John Cena. Looks like it will be a pretty good action flick.

http://www.themarinemovie.com/flash.html

outlaw3179
08-30-06, 10:50 AM
Lol...It actually doesnt look that awful. :)

GunnyL
08-30-06, 01:42 PM
Me thinks me might go see this one!

thedrifter
08-30-06, 03:04 PM
We are talking about going to see this ourselves..

Ellie and Mark

GySgtRet
08-30-06, 04:10 PM
I liked the trailer till they called him an ex-marine. But maybe that is the only mistake so maybe I will go see it when it comes out...???

Thanks for the link.

RLeon
08-30-06, 04:31 PM
I got a feeling you guys are going to be disappointed. Go to the local bookstore find the book (it's a paperback) and look at the pictures located in the ceter of the book. You will see what I mean, and if you don't feel like going to a bookstore lets just say that based on the pics it doesn't look like they got a Marine technical advisor for the pic...don't know about you guys but I'm picky about the way we are represented in movies....but I could be wrong :marine:

YLDNDN6
08-30-06, 06:10 PM
It will probably be another one of those hollywood fantasies where some musclebound recruit has fist fights with his DI and rebels against the system the entire way, until the crucial moment when the DI takes him lovingly in his arms and tells him what a born leader he is and how much better the Corps will be now that he is in it. You guys ever notice how much stuff we got away with in boot, according to hollywood film makers??? If it were as easy as the movies make it out to be, we wouldn't have all that much to be proud about, now would we? I thank God and Chesty Puller for my Marine Corps!!!

yellowwing
08-30-06, 06:20 PM
Looks like a good ole action film. Bailing out of a flaming car in mid air, we do that **** all the time. That last line in the trailer is priceless! :banana:

outlaw3179
08-30-06, 06:40 PM
Hell yeah we do hat S*** all the time. I did it twice today .

YLDNDN6
08-30-06, 06:54 PM
I was taking my daughters shopping for school clothes the other day and stopped off for an oil change. Part of the service was to top off all of my fluids. Anyway, we got back on the road, and my oldest girl says she smells smoke. I pulled over and popped the hood and flames just burst out from under it. I calmly went out, opened it up the rest of the way, reached through the flames, and put my brake fluid reservoir cap back on. Went to the passenger side, got the extinguisher out, sprayed it down and shut the hood (it was just brake fluid burning off on the engine block). When I got back in the truck, my youngest daughter said "Daddy, did you learn that in the Marines?" My oldest daughter told her "No. Daddy learned how not to freak out like a civilian in the Marines." I could have wet myself when she said that. I still can't get over some of the things my kids pick up from me and attribute to my good ole Marine Corps training. Oooh-Raah!!!

Ignition
08-30-06, 08:05 PM
LMAo now thats good trash yldndn6

looks like an action movie that really is just trying to ride the curtails of our Beloved Corps.. but then again imitation is the sincerist form of flattery

nativedevil2061
08-31-06, 07:04 PM
you said it all ignition, and that is good trash yldndn6!!!LMAO2

Kids r awsome, my 2 1/2 year old calls me at work and says Marine Corp DAD. Actually he sounds more like "Arine co dad", and then hangs up!!! I LMAO when he does that!!! TAKEN MY SON 2 THAT MOVIE-HOPFULLY IT WON'T BE CHEESEY!!! OORRAAHH BOTHERS AND SISTERS

lucien2
09-01-06, 08:42 AM
Can't wait to see it!

awbrown1462
02-14-09, 09:13 PM
he wears Army Cammies and a Army cover too

Danman
02-14-09, 11:03 PM
Isn't this thread almost 3 years old Sgt? kinda unnecessary to bring it up with not that important of a statement?

hempstead56
02-15-09, 03:06 PM
I never did bother to see this movie

mcvet57103
02-15-09, 03:14 PM
I've got the Movie on DVD. Wasn't impressed. It's actually kinda stupid. "Shooter" was a better movie.

PaidinBlood
02-15-09, 03:44 PM
Isn't this thread almost 3 years old Sgt? kinda unnecessary to bring it up with not that important of a statement?

Man you better hope you don't have a pis$ test anytime soon. Sounds like you been smokin crack bro..:D

knightrider1944
02-15-09, 03:51 PM
Just saw the movie on FX, AI think you will be disappointed.

hempstead56
02-15-09, 06:26 PM
Shooter was a way better movie. Sounds like a Sea story but someone told me that John Cena went through the 3 mile endurance course and got broke off.