PDA

View Full Version : PT Q's

jacobmxwll
08-28-06, 03:48 PM
I will be joining after this college semester and I was wondering what y'all would suggest that I be able to do in terms of PT, I want to be in good enough shape that I don't die in Boot.

jacobmxwll
08-28-06, 04:03 PM
P.S. will having a tat slow you down for joining?

Tobes03
08-28-06, 04:10 PM
I will be joining after this college semester and I was wondering what y'all would suggest that I be able to do in terms of PT, I want to be in good enough shape that I don't die in Boot.

Lots of running, push ups, sit ups, pull ups, a healthy diet and maybe some weights will do wonders. I can't really be more specific becaouse your kinda vague with you question, that and I don't know your personal fitness level. All that helped me get to a 300 pft though, so it couldn't hurt. www.pponline.co.uk is a great site to do some reaserch on as well.

Camper51
08-28-06, 04:10 PM
PT forever, run, do sit ups and pull ups. Build your reps and build your endurance. You will do more PT in boot camp than you ever thought possible, and yes yer gonna die, but you will survive.
As to the tat, it depends on what it is and where it is located. If it is hidden while in uniform and it is not offensive then you are probably good to go...

jacobmxwll
08-28-06, 05:34 PM
the tat is a ring on my right hand, nothing offensive

jacobmxwll
08-28-06, 05:38 PM
Lots of running, push ups, sit ups, pull ups, a healthy diet and maybe some weights will do wonders. I can't really be more specific becaouse your kinda vague with you question, that and I don't know your personal fitness level. All that helped me get to a 300 pft though, so it couldn't hurt. www.pponline.co.uk (http://www.pponline.co.uk) is a great site to do some reaserch on as well.

right now I can run 4 miles cross country
50 pushups
50 sit ups
10 pull ups

what do I need to improve and how much?

outlaw3179
08-28-06, 05:43 PM
im not a recruiter but I think your not supposed to have any tatoos below the wrist. Talk to a recruiter about that.

jacobmxwll
08-28-06, 06:20 PM
ok thanks

marine2023
08-29-06, 12:12 AM
A good book would be "THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS WORKOUT." Check it out on eBay:tank:

SgtGorman
09-10-06, 04:16 PM
right now I can run 4 miles cross country
50 pushups
50 sit ups
10 pull ups

what do I need to improve and how much?

What is your run time? It is important that those miles has time. If you can run 3 miles in 20 minutes; or you can run 10 miles in 3 hours. There is a big difference. It seems that you fail the PFT for sure...

The minimum requirement for PFT is:
3 miles in 28 minutes
55 crunches (or sit-ups, or whatever you want to call it)
3 pull-ups
Fail one of the three, it means you have failed the PFT.

For your crunches, you should do two max set every night....put your feet under the couch or bed, or find a buddy to hold your on your feet.

Good Luck