PDA

View Full Version : Video

Smalcom
08-27-06, 04:30 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/im4jHya3KGg"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/im4jHya3KGg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

This video is kind of trippy, I dont know if it has any room here.. but i thought it had some point... so WATCH IT.

JWG
08-27-06, 09:54 AM
I hate to say it.. but the only thing I could understand was, "The worst is yet to come.. the days are getting shorter.... SHOORRTTEERRR!!!"

Anything else they were screaming, and I couldnt understand.

BUT... with the lyrics in plain sight, it is better than the singing/video, personally.

All I get from reading it is giving up HOPE and your WILL to carry on. Not very positive, for me.

----

The Worst Is Yet To Come

These words have slipped again
Stitch the lips of the mouth that murmurs them
Cloud your vision, make everyone disappear
There's still tie to wake up
Get out while you still can speak
This mud is too thick to see through
The stitches are coming out
The wounds won't heal
Is this embedded status permanent?
So, I'm fearing... The worse is yet to come, days are getting shorter
Close your eyes for a while, rest a little longer
This mud is too thick to see through
The stitches are coming out
The wounds won't heal themselves
Is this embedded status permanent?
So, I'm fearing... The worse is yet to come, days are getting shorter
Close your eyes for a while, rest a little longer
These shoulders are too weak to carry any more
My will is too weak to carry on

Smalcom
08-27-06, 04:29 PM
Haha the funny thing is is that this band is a Christian band.

Smalcom
08-27-06, 04:38 PM
They also attempted to get on the USO tour but i doubt the USO would accept a metalcore band

theyve also played multiple shows around the Camp Pendelton area, and FT. BENNING and FT DRUM. so the video might not be that uplifting but they are pro-military so its good support.

Kildars
08-27-06, 04:42 PM
How is that music? /shrug

fraser
08-27-06, 04:48 PM
wow i never would have guessed that those were Christians

Smalcom
08-27-06, 05:35 PM
Haha ud be surprised of how many hardcore bands are christian... kinda strange... but whatever floats their boat.

and if you dont think thats music... try and play some of that stuff on an instrument... I have the utmost restpect for them because of their playing ability, unlike most music out there which is BASIC.

JWG
08-27-06, 06:00 PM
Haha ud be surprised of how many hardcore bands are christian... kinda strange... but whatever floats their boat.

and if you dont think thats music... try and play some of that stuff on an instrument... I have the utmost restpect for them because of their playing ability, unlike most music out there which is BASIC.

I like the guitars and drums.. etc..

The screaming at me part, that they could do without. :banana::thumbdown

Smalcom
08-27-06, 06:09 PM
just another way of puttin the message across.. just one more sound i guess... its during the aggressive parts of the song... its an aquired taste i guess.

Kildars
08-27-06, 07:02 PM

Sure they play their guitars and drums, but there is a computer enhancement process + I bet there are a lot of people who can play guitars and scream into a mic as well as they can.

Smalcom
08-27-06, 07:15 PM
Sure they play their guitars and drums, but there is a computer enhancement process
...exactly... every CD youve ever listened to is computer enhanced... their playing ablility isnt enhanced i hope you realize though.... thats somewhat... uhmmm... impossible...

I bet there are a lot of people who can play guitars and scream into a mic as well as they can.

I dont just have respect for just this band... ya know... a lot of bands can actually... wow.

Smalcom
08-27-06, 07:21 PM
But saying this isnt music is just ignorant.

Not your taste in music but to others.

Last few masters of their trade... ha.

fraser
08-27-06, 07:43 PM
Smalcom is right it is ignorant to say that

Kildars
08-27-06, 07:47 PM
I dont just have respect for just this band... ya know... a lot of bands can actually... wow.

Huh?

Kildars
08-27-06, 07:48 PM
But saying this isnt music is just ignorant.

Not your taste in music but to others.

Last few masters of their trade... ha.
It obviously is music, the guitars and drums are talent. I just don't understand how people pay to hear someone scream into a microphone. :) To me, anyone could do that.

Smalcom
08-27-06, 07:53 PM
Gotta have endurance not to lose your voice though... ya know.

Kildars
08-27-06, 07:54 PM
Gotta have endurance not to lose your voice though... ya know.

LOL ok.

Smalcom
08-27-06, 07:55 PM
Very heavy stuff if ya ask me.

hardcore, hardcorps HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Kildars
08-27-06, 07:56 PM
Very heavy stuff if ya ask me.

hardcore, hardcorps HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Huh?

Smalcom
08-27-06, 08:11 PM
Nevermind... the music is hardcore... just... let it go.

they are pro military... and bigtime supporters so lets stick with that.

JWG
08-28-06, 05:36 AM
No doubt, I respect them. My tastes are just in Country and 'regular' Rock. Mainly classical rock, like those oldies.

Smalcom
08-28-06, 05:43 AM
haha, nothing wrong with that.

Kildars
08-28-06, 06:08 AM
Psh, rap for the win ;).

WannabeDevildog
08-28-06, 02:37 PM
I play guitar, not nearly as well as these guys, but to be able to play chords that long and that fast DOES TAKE TALENT. I don't care what you listen to, you got to respect the talent. I'm not as into the hardcore rock as I was but I've tried to play songs that are fast like that and I thought my forarms were gonna explode!

Smalcom
08-28-06, 03:02 PM
I play guitar, not nearly as well as these guys, but to be able to play chords that long and that fast DOES TAKE TALENT. I don't care what you listen to, you got to respect the talent. I'm not as into the hardcore rock as I was but I've tried to play songs that are fast like that and I thought my forarms were gonna explode!

i know exactly whacha mean.

Rockabilly
08-28-06, 09:07 PM

Yea but this song has alot of hammer ons and pulls which makes it easier but talented nonetheless

Just not my style im either into heavy metal thrash(exhorder, hirax, nuclear assault) or my rockabilly/psychobilly

Smalcom
08-28-06, 09:46 PM
ya but the hammerons and pulloffs are used with tremolo picking.. soooooo... that crazifies it... im lookin at the tabs as we speak.

and this is metal...the instrumentation anyway.