PDA

View Full Version : Video of a crazy Drill Instructor in action

Accord
08-25-06, 01:29 AM
This is a 35 second clip of my favorite part of the documentary "Ears, Open. Eyeballs, Click." where this one Drill Instructor goes ape sh/t on this one recruit and tosses his entire rack. The look of absolutely terror on the face of the recruit is priceless (and hilarious),

Here is the link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=O-N9bQysvKc

Achped
08-25-06, 01:18 PM
Hahaha, that's NUTS.

fraser
08-25-06, 01:18 PM
thats the way it is there

dodint
08-25-06, 01:20 PM
I remember watching that part of the movie and laughing, mainly cause the Drill Instructor looks much younger than me and just doesn't fit my prior judgement of what he should physically be.

That said, if that were my rack I'd probably have the same dumb look.

Static_Sky25
08-25-06, 02:40 PM
Was MY SDI Ssgt Maranan... and yeah he really was that pleasant :evilgrin:

Have fun showershoes :banana:

SmokeyBandit
08-26-06, 12:50 PM
I just got the video in the mail and I thought it was pretty good to see. Good stuff for a poolee to digest, exspecially the little things such as when cleaning.

JReid
08-26-06, 04:48 PM
Glad to hear you think it is funny...if that was you standing there it wouldnt be too hilarious. I would probably be feeling the same way.

Kildars
08-26-06, 04:55 PM
He's saying "Yes sir, Yes Sir Aye Sir." I thought you had to start and end every sentence with sir. "Sir Yes Sir! Sir Aye Sir!"

Is that incorrect?

Kildars
08-26-06, 04:59 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zeX5HSBFooI

SmokeyBandit
08-26-06, 05:05 PM
He's saying "Yes sir, Yes Sir Aye Sir." I thought you had to start and end every sentence with sir. "Sir Yes Sir! Sir Aye Sir!"

Is that incorrect?
That's what I thought. I need to start another topic on that subject because when the Drill Instructor gets on the bus at the beginning of this movie he says, "The last word out of your mouth will be sir!" He didn't say first and last.

Static_Sky25
08-26-06, 05:53 PM
it's called a "Sir Sandwich" they don't like that

Static_Sky25
08-26-06, 05:55 PM
Glad to hear you think it is funny...if that was you standing there it wouldnt be too hilarious. I would probably be feeling the same way.
who are you talking to?
Address the person next time

Shrike
08-28-06, 01:23 PM
"Sir Sandwich" is not in use in now-days.

FooDawg
09-04-06, 09:58 PM
I just got the video in the mail and I thought it was pretty good to see. Good stuff for a poolee to digest, exspecially the little things such as when cleaning.

How long did it take for the movie to get to your door after you ordered it?
Thanks.

Accord
09-04-06, 09:59 PM
How long did it take for the movie to get to your door after you ordered it?
Thanks.
From the time I ordered it to the time it arrived, i'd say about a week.

My copy was autographed by Canaan Brumley (the guy who made the documentary).

Marusak
09-05-06, 01:22 AM
Where can we get a copy?

FooDawg
09-05-06, 10:16 AM
From the time I ordered it to the time it arrived, i'd say about a week.

My copy was autographed by Canaan Brumley (the guy who made the documentary).

Nice, thanks for the info. I should be getting it today then I assume, maybe tomorrow.

Marusak -- Here is the link for the site to purchase it.
http://www.canaanbrumley.com/
Hope that helps.

Tiamat13
09-05-06, 11:10 AM
Hey,

Nice video clip. If you noticed that Drill Instructor was very paitent seeing how he ONLY turned over the rack.. You will be wise to not make the same mistakes as that recruit. Would you say "Oh, Sir".. Is that a question or a statement? Was that recruit just saying "hi" or what? Seriously..

Tiamat13

Accord
09-05-06, 11:57 AM
Where can we get a copy?
You can also buy it from www.grunt.com now.

FooDawg
09-05-06, 12:43 PM
You can also buy it from www.grunt.com (http://www.grunt.com) now.

Hey Accord, you get yours from Grunt.com? Or directly from his site?
BTW, backordered on Grunt.com, not sure about directly from the director's site. That's where I ordered mine from,but received no confirmation or anything. We'll see I guess.

FooDawg
09-05-06, 03:16 PM
OK, so I got my copy today after ordering it on Thursday. Not bad at all with the holiday yesterday and all on top of it. Now to go watch it.
:)

JWG
09-05-06, 06:19 PM
For those of you that have Direct TV and the Documentary Channel:

HEADS UP before you go buy the video. It is airing on the Documentary Channel on:

Saturday, September 9th, 2006

10:00 PM - 11:40 PM
Ears Open, Eyeballs Click

This unique, eye-opening documentary by newcomer filmmaker Canaan Brumley shows us the hardship a band of United States Marine Corps recruits face during one trip through boot camp. This film is the first half of Stanley Kubrick’s Full Metal Jacket brought to reality. Told in a handful of titled chapters, this portrait of soldiers in training isn’t your average documentary; with no interviews or narration, Brumley presents our characters with visual emotion and intensity. Rather than getting to know each of the recruits personally as they fight through boot camp, we travel the road with them and witness the experiences up close and personal.

FooDawg
09-05-06, 07:38 PM
For those of you that have Direct TV and the Documentary Channel:

HEADS UP before you go buy the video. It is airing on the Documentary Channel on:

Saturday, September 9th, 2006

10:00 PM - 11:40 PM
Ears Open, Eyeballs Click

This unique, eye-opening documentary by newcomer filmmaker Canaan Brumley shows us the hardship a band of United States Marine Corps recruits face during one trip through boot camp. This film is the first half of Stanley Kubrick’s Full Metal Jacket brought to reality. Told in a handful of titled chapters, this portrait of soldiers in training isn’t your average documentary; with no interviews or narration, Brumley presents our characters with visual emotion and intensity. Rather than getting to know each of the recruits personally as they fight through boot camp, we travel the road with them and witness the experiences up close and personal.

The Documentary Channel isnt on DirecTV yet I dont think. On the Doc Channel website, they have petitions to request DirecTv start airing their channel, unless its changed in the last week.

JWG
09-06-06, 04:12 PM
The Documentary Channel isnt on DirecTV yet I dont think. On the Doc Channel website, they have petitions to request DirecTv start airing their channel, unless its changed in the last week.

I assumed (<-- got to stop that) that it wasn't on Digital Cable because I couldn't find any of their programs and/or channel on my list.

aviator101
09-06-06, 05:13 PM
I'm guessing ti is not available to the comcast guys is it?

WannabeDevildog
09-06-06, 11:53 PM
Just buy it, it's well worth the money. It's much more "harsh" than anything I've seen on TV about boot camp, but to me it seems more like the real deal. I recommend anyone thinking about joining or waiting to ship should see it. Very good for a future recruit to digest.
I ordered my copy off of http://www.canaanbrumley.com/
They won't send you an order confirmation. I got a little worried too, but after sending them an e-mail they said it would be here in 3-5 days. Sure enough, 3 days later it was here.

RomanNose
09-07-06, 02:06 AM
Ok after watching those video clips I have to honestly ask myself, what am I getting myself into?

FooDawg
09-07-06, 12:09 PM
haha, my favorite part, when the DI is teaching the Guidon how to hold the Guidon Stick while they are in formation, look in the background and you'll see a recruit run as fast as he can into the squadbay and a DI chase him. Then come running out with the DI behind him. Great clip.

What are your favorite parts??

Sandcheez
06-02-09, 02:39 PM
it's called a "Sir Sandwich" they don't like that

haha, they dont like anything ;)

DGardner
06-02-09, 03:46 PM
haha, they dont like anything ;)
Holy old thread, Batman...

Why did you dig up a thread that is almost 3 years old?