PDA

View Full Version : Sending a letter to my Brother in Boot Camp

Graham Bro
08-24-06, 08:36 PM
How can I send a letter to my Brother in boot camp at Camp Pendleton?

Also, what are the rules as to what I send him?

Thanks...

Achped
08-24-06, 08:40 PM
Letters only, make sure its in a pink envelope with perfume smells and heart stickers all over it. The DI's will make him an even better Marine ;)

Just kidding, but seriously just send him discreet letters, NOTHING else. Write on casual paper, put it in a casual envelope, and use a casual stamp.

Your brother will send your parents his address as soon as he can.

jinelson
08-24-06, 10:14 PM
Boot camp at Camp Pendleton? Is he at Weapons and Field Training Battalion? Well even if he is you would use his MCRD address in San Diego.

WannabeDevildog
08-25-06, 01:00 AM
If he just got there, you won't be able to send him anything until he sends your family something with his addy on it (Platoon #, Company, etc.).
Absolutely NOTHING but letters.

Graham Bro
08-25-06, 10:21 AM
Thanks,
He started this week..
He wants to be in a tank, as our Grandfather did. (Tank Commander)
Combat Support is what he said he picked.
I am so proud of him. He has a lot of love and support back at home.
GOOD JOB BROTHER. K.Y.I.M.H

JWG
08-26-06, 09:24 AM
Keep up the support, my friend!

Unfortunately, many Recruits do go without any support from others, and it just makes it all the harder, most of the time.

Stay Supportive, and GOD BLESS YA!

-Jon :iwo:

SmokeyBandit
08-26-06, 01:01 PM
Be sure to write on the envelope, "Is your DI really a pansy?"

Static_Sky25
08-26-06, 02:36 PM
for these recruits who are telling this Brother to write things that will get his recruit in some crap... I'd like it if you'd start a list so I can send some carepackages when it's their turn so they can learn first hand how funny it really is

jinelson
08-26-06, 03:13 PM
OUCH! pay back is a mother lol

Wyoming
08-26-06, 04:22 PM
for these recruits who are telling this Brother to write things that will get his recruit in some crap... I'd like it if you'd start a list so I can send some carepackages when it's their turn so they can learn first hand how funny it really is

Let them have their fun.

Just remember, DrillInstructor reads these posts also.:D

Methinks the 'yellow footprints' will get a bit damp, once he gets through with them.

Marine84
08-26-06, 04:23 PM
And alllllll of us will get in on it. I think you poolees have seen from reading other threads - WE DO HAVE OUR WAYS OF FINDING YOU ONCE YOU HIT MARINE CORPS GROUNDS - I myself would LOVE to send ya'll stuff in bootcamp - and we WMs can be a little more devious than the guys :p

SmokeyBandit
08-26-06, 05:03 PM
I didn't quite think anyone would take me seriously...

Marine84
08-26-06, 08:19 PM
I'll at least wait until your last week, by then you'll be used to the DIs yelling at you. The girls that are graduating next week all should get their "Congratulations" cards Thursday - there is a lot of confetti in those cards and I wrote "Recruit (Soon To Be Marine) and their last name" on the envelope. They should get a pretty good workover if it works out right - (BIG EVIL GRIN)