PDA

View Full Version : Troops Recalled

gunnydi
08-24-06, 04:23 PM
:mad: :angel: Dave, as this involves your son and many others in, NOT ONLY THE USMC, but as I have recently learned, ALL BRANCHES OF THE ARMED FORCES.

One thing that this tells me is that someone is lieing within the Department of Defense enmass. HOW COULD ALL THE MILITARY BRANCHES BE REPORTING THAT THEIR RECRUITING FIGURES ARE MET AND EXCEEDED YET THEY ARE NEEDING TO RECALL HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF NOW RESERVISTS BACK TO ACTIVE DUTY AND DEPLOYMENT?

Secondly, As well as yet another lie out of the Department of Defense, the News Services and the White House, apparently things are much worse and much more volatile than is being reported in Iraq and Afghanistan or there wouldn't be such a NEED.

Thirdly, rumors of a DRAFT are once again surfacing.

It is FACT that marines presently in Iraq are so BUSY they don't have time to write home, except to write a one line email stating they are too busy to write and don't know if they can 'hold this pace for many more months.'

SO WHICH IS IT? WHERE IS THE TRUTH? WHY AREN'T WE BEING TOLD THE TRUTH? WHY AREN'T THE MILITARY PERSONNEL BEING SENT OVER THERE BEING FOREWARNED OF SUCH A SHORTAGE? WHY AREN'T THEY GOING OVER BETTER PREPARED FOR THE RIGORS THE ARE ABOUT TO FACE?

Once again, I wonder why America sends ill prepared troops into warzones. It is NOT that they are undertrained. SOME are STILL underequipped. SOME are under too much stress and fatigue. If our troops are extended for greater periods of time, which they often times are, they become too tired, too stressed, too physically, emotionally, and spiritually deprived. This causes ERRORS, FATAL MISTAKES, and UNNECESSARY FAILURE AND ACCIDENTAL MISFORTUNE.

I read in one article recently about the TROOPS VOLUNTEERING TO GO BACK OVER. EXCUSE ME! I don't know that many are VOLUNTEERING for their 3rd tour, 4th tour, especially if they are newlywed, expecting a firstborn child, have already missed countless Holiday Seasons with Family/Friends. YES, SOME do volunteer, but they are the FEW.

AFTER all of these tours, as the VA has already become VERY WELL KNOWN FOR THEIR DECLINE OF MOST PTSD CLAIMS, these young men/women will be facing more PTSD than quite possibly even those that went to Vietnam did. Maybe...depending on how much longer this horror continues. Obviously, there is no end in site because once we (Iraqi and American/Coalition Forces) take ground, we depart only for the same area to be reclaimed by the terrorist factions. Later on, we are forced to go back, time and time again, and retake the same area, only to leave again, and permit the terrorists to retake it. I call it the never ending cycle that keeps war active. As long as we continue to fight in such a manner, war in unending. It remains a vicious cycle. The question is then, WHY ARE WE DOING IT THIS WAY?

America's Veterans for this generation will be sicker and more enmass than the Vietnam Era I'm afraid. And the VA will find more and more excuses to turn it's back on them than they did/have on the Vietnam Era Veterans. There were/are some things that the VA and Department of Defense could not DENY in the Vietnam Era, Agent Orange, Napalm, Chemical Warfare, Exposure, Illness, Diseases that affected the spouses and the unborn. Yet, it still took years and generations to get them to ADMIT to these sorts of trials upon our OWN SERVICEMEN/WOMEN.

Everything we see, hear, read, today is a contradiction. WHO DO WE BELIEVE?

Watch Video:
Marines Get Called Back to Iraq
U.S. Troop Presence Brings Drop in Violence

AREN'T THESE HEADLINES A CONTRADICTION?

IF TROOP PRESENCE MEANS A DROP IN VIOLENCE, WHY IS THERE A DESPERATE NEED TO SEND THOUSANDS OF MORE TROOPS BACK INTO IRAQ?
IF TROOP PRESENCE MEANS A DROP IN VIOLENCE, WHY IS THERE STILL SO MANY U.S. TROOP DEATHS DUE TO KILLED IN ACTION?

Just sharing a few THOUGHTS!
Diane M. Weller
POWMIA ANGEL

outlaw3179
08-24-06, 04:57 PM
Ma'm with all due respect . I was one of the Marines who volunteered to go to Iraq when I was newly married. I had just had a son who was born 2 months before I left. In my compny of Marines there were countless who were in the same situation. Many of theese Marines were off contract , many of theese Marines did not have to go back. All of them knew what the consequences were and they all knew the risks. We werent supply guys, we werent admin, we are Marine Corps. Infantry.
My same company is going to be going back in about a year or so ( OPSEC) . Many of the senior sgts, staff NCO's , and even some of the corporals who do not have to go back are going to go back . It is a sense of duty , honor and responsibility , not just for what the few want , but for the greater good of the Nation. This is what makes us Marines and this is what Marines have done for over 200 years.
You have to remember , each person in the military is a volunteer. They are signing the contract wich obligates them to a period of 8 years. Most will do their 4 and never have to be recalled. But right now times are changing. Marines are having to deploy over and over and thats because were fighting a war on 2 fronts. Kind of like World War 2 where Marines , soldiers and sailors where there. They didnt come home . They were gone for years at a time.
You ask who to believe....

Ill tell you who to believe....Believe the young men and women who are reenlisting, believe the ones who are going back knowing full well what that means. Believe the families of the men and women who stand behind them , because they understand the sacrifice that they are making is for the better good. Stop listening to the "experts" on tv , quit listening to all the fatass senators and the lawmakers who have no idea what the hell they are talking about. Quit listening to all the protesters who repeatedly bash the military but have no problem enjoying the freedom wich they provide.
Ma'm ....Marines, soldiers, airmen , and sailors would rather you dont fight for their "rights"....theyre busy winning a war. Either back us ....or just leave us alone. Either way...YOUR WELCOME.

jinelson
08-24-06, 05:12 PM
Well said Outlaw well said indeed - Semper Fi

yellowwing
08-24-06, 05:19 PM
Damn outlaw, you nailed that one! Semper Fi

Camper51
08-24-06, 05:33 PM
These men are not being recalled (is there something wrong with them? are they broken/defective?) they are being CALLED up to active duty. they signed an 8 year contract that said they do so many years of active duty then go to the IRR subject top being called up if needed.

If this is happening then we need to be upping our quotas for new recruits so that this tactic is no longer necessary...

they can recall me, fix me, and then send me on over to the sand box if they like, I would be proud to serve again, and it would be a recall for me since I am broken/defective...

thedrifter
08-24-06, 06:11 PM
Ma'm with all due respect . I was one of the Marines who volunteered to go to Iraq when I was newly married. I had just had a son who was born 2 months before I left. In my compny of Marines there were countless who were in the same situation. Many of theese Marines were off contract , many of theese Marines did not have to go back. All of them knew what the consequences were and they all knew the risks. We werent supply guys, we werent admin, we are Marine Corps. Infantry.
My same company is going to be going back in about a year or so ( OPSEC) . Many of the senior sgts, staff NCO's , and even some of the corporals who do not have to go back are going to go back . It is a sense of duty , honor and responsibility , not just for what the few want , but for the greater good of the Nation. This is what makes us Marines and this is what Marines have done for over 200 years.
You have to remember , each person in the military is a volunteer. They are signing the contract wich obligates them to a period of 8 years. Most will do their 4 and never have to be recalled. But right now times are changing. Marines are having to deploy over and over and thats because were fighting a war on 2 fronts. Kind of like World War 2 where Marines , soldiers and sailors where there. They didnt come home . They were gone for years at a time.
You ask who to believe....

Ill tell you who to believe....Believe the young men and women who are reenlisting, believe the ones who are going back knowing full well what that means. Believe the families of the men and women who stand behind them , because they understand the sacrifice that they are making is for the better good. Stop listening to the "experts" on tv , quit listening to all the fatass senators and the lawmakers who have no idea what the hell they are talking about. Quit listening to all the protesters who repeatedly bash the military but have no problem enjoying the freedom wich they provide.
Ma'm ....Marines, soldiers, airmen , and sailors would rather you dont fight for their "rights"....theyre busy winning a war. Either back us ....or just leave us alone. Either way...YOUR WELCOME.

Amen!

Ellie

artymarine
08-24-06, 06:53 PM
I have been retired for 12 yrs. And have applied twice to go back on active duty and I do believe it may happen. If I can do just one tour to give some hardcharger a rest. That would be great. <br />

gunnydi
08-24-06, 07:27 PM
:evilgrin: You all have missed my POINT entirely. But that's all right. Let me clear up a few things you all have brought up though. <br />
<br />
My son is a Sgt. in the USMC, has been in the Corps since...

gunnydi
08-24-06, 07:33 PM
4 Military Services Met Recruiting Goals
Stars and Stripes | By Lisa Burgess | July 11, 2006
ARLINGTON, Va. — All four military services met their active-duty recruiting goals in June, the 13th month in a row that recruiters have met or exceeded their goals, according to figures released Monday by the Pentagon.

All of the services are on target to meet their active-duty goals for fiscal 2006.

Five of the six reserve components also met or exceeded goals in June, the figures showed.

The only reserve component to fall short was the Navy Reserve, which met 95 percent of its goal for the month.

Two of the reserve components are lagging behind their year-end goals: the Navy Reserve, which has met only 83 percent of its year-to-date goal; and the Air National Guard, which is at 92 percent of its year-to-date goal.

But the Army Reserve and Army National Guard, which had struggled in previous months — falling behind their goals even as late as April — roared ahead in June.

The Army Reserve accessed 5,640 soldiers, or 121 percent of its monthly accession goal of 4,661.

With 25,004 soldiers accessed into the force so far this fiscal year, the Army Reserve is at 101 percent of year-to-date goal.

The Army National Guard, meanwhile, which missed its goal last year, accessed 5,823 soldiers in June, or 101 percent of the monthly goal of 5,743. The service is at 103 percent of its year-to-date mission, according to the statistics.

The June numbers are lending credence to Army leaders’ statements that unlike fiscal 2005, recruiting in fiscal 2006 will be successful — despite the ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and growing the overall size of the force.

“I’m cautiously optimistic we’re going to make our [fiscal 2006] numbers,” Army Secretary Francis Harvey told C-SPAN on June 14.

Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman told reporters Monday that more recruiters, financial incentives and other “tools” have helped the active services to meet their goals.

Among those tools that have apparently paid off has been the Army’s controversial strategy of “backloading” its recruiting efforts.

Instead of spreading recruiting goals evenly over 12 months, as they did in the past, Army officials lowered monthly recruiting goals for the first eight months of the fiscal year, focusing on the more productive summer months.

Critics said that even with the “summer surge” in their favor, the resulting numbers would be too high for recruiters to meet.

But in June, Army recruiters brought in 8,756 accessions, more than the 8,600 goal they were set.

June’s recruiting efforts bring the active Army’s total to 51,612 recruits, leaving 28,388 slots on the roster left to fill between now and Sept. 30, the end of fiscal 2006.

But the bar for the next three months remains very high: more than 9,460 individuals will have to agree to join the active Army in July, August and September for the overall goal to be met.

Diane M. Weller
POWMIA ANGEL

thedrifter
08-24-06, 07:34 PM
You stating Your case....;)

We ALL Have A Right to OUR Opinions Now;)

Ellie

sgt tony
08-24-06, 07:39 PM
Good Going Outlaw you got that one right. Hey I would be more than willing to go back any time any where. I have been out since 1983 but I still shoot real straight.
Semper FI

sgt tony
08-24-06, 07:56 PM
Dear Ms Gunnydi
I understand what you have stated but the men and women that are in the military wheather active/reserive/inactive have signed there contracts and even if we would rather they stay home to be with loved ones or holidays together then who should we send over there? I would go if I could and if they will let me I will go. It is hard on all the troops but that is the job they take when you are a Marine, Army, Navy, Air Force or Coast Guard.
I know this does not settle the problem but that is just the way it is.
Yes they have stated that they have meet the goals in recurting but they have to train them in there MOS and that takes time to get done.

outlaw3179
08-25-06, 12:16 AM
Sgt. Tony is right...Ma'm your son Im assuming reenlisted during a war. Its not like he doesnt know what hes getting into. You said hes about to be promoted to SSGT. He has men and women under him , who are looking up to him for leadership and guidance. Hes a grown man and he knows the consequences of his actions. Respect his decision. You talk about him like hes a little boy and has no idea what hes doing ....almost like another mom down in Texas. Im not trying to be disrespectul ma'm because I have a mom too. Moms worry , thats their job. But please understand we're Marines, this is what we do.

His_angel
08-25-06, 09:40 AM
I was going to stay out of it. But after reading again I can't keep my fingers from walking.

I can understand that your baby boy is a Marine. I can also understand that he has a family and is expecting a baby. And I can understand him wanting to be home a bit as well as your pride in how you and your family {previously and now} have served our country.

Maybe the Air Force, Army and Navy are more "sensitive" to the "needs" of the individual. There are many Marines who have been to the sand box 2 or 3 or more times already. Some volunteered. Some were just given orders. Marines deploy. That's what Marines do. Marines have been involved in every major conflict on the front lines. That's what Marines do. I heard many times while I was in and even since I got out, "If Uncle Sam wanted you to have a family they would have issued you one." It's partly in jest. There is a basis behind the comment though. Someone can hold family first in their heart. When it's time to be mobile it doesn't matter if you have a new spouse, new baby, new house or have been there already. Being a family member of a Marine can be difficult. Long distances can be hard on a relationship. Even harder when someone is at home constantly worried about the safety of their Marine and not sure when their Marine will be home. Many times going for lengths of time without hearing from the Marine as well.

So recruiting numbers are being met. It takes time to get through boot, additional training and additional schools. There is only so much room to train new Marines. Just take boot camp for example. There are only so many squad bays with so much room for X number of recruites. There are so many personnel to train the recruits. Only so many recruits can be at any given place at a time such as obstacle courses, classes, swim quals or rifle range. To have more than there is room for would obviously cause safety issues as a result of overcrowding. Then there are also only so many resources such as the number of rifles that can be issued at any given time. Only so many medical persons. Only so many instructors.

Meanwhile we have a need for more Marines {and other service members} due to everything going on. There are already reservists that have been active for a few years now. They are already meeting recruiting quota's, training new Marines and getting them in position as quickly as possible. Thus the IRR recall. IRR Marines {and other service members} have already been through boot {or basic}, already been through other training, already been through schools, and already know how to perform certain duties and tasks.

As you already know and as others have already stated, a contract was signed. Whether it was 4 years active and 4 years IRR; it is made clear that one is obligated for the IRR duty years. It is not a draft and someone being called up involuntairly. It is a recall of those who volunteered, agreed to the terms of duty and contract, and are still obligated.

I can understand your concern being the Mom, Mother in Law and soon to be Grandma. That fact that Grandpa served in another war does not exempt him from his services and obligations that he volunteered for now. The fact that he has already deployed does not relieve him from going again. In Vietnam we had those who were drafted that did more than one tour. On this board we have active members from Vietnam to today that have been involved in one or more deployments and one or more times in the same conflict or war.

Yes. There will always be those who will think, "That's not right." There are those that question our reasons for even being involved. Fact of the matter is we are involved. Fact of the matter is the ones involved did volunteer and are under contract. Fact of the matter is that most everyone over there has family too. Many have had babies born that they were not there for. Many have new spouses they haven't been able to spend much time with. Most have Mothers who are just as concerned as yourself. If everyone was excused from their obligations then we would not have enough manpower thus those there would be at even greater risk for losing their lives.

Angel

eddief
08-25-06, 10:35 AM
All I can say about those who were recalled back to active duty is this- Welcome back to the Suck! Bwahaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaa!

ROHO
08-25-06, 12:01 PM
eddief you joined in 1988 and you are still a LCpl? Bwahaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaa!!

outlaw3179
08-25-06, 12:59 PM
lol...ouch!

GunnyL
08-25-06, 02:00 PM
gunnydi,
I think you are the one who's missed the point. Every member of the U.S. Armed Forces is a Volunteer. They volunteered for whatever duty and assignment they are given from the day they step on the yellow footprints on. They sign an 8 year contract, 3, 4, 5, or 6 years Active Duty depending on the Branch of Service and Contract Obligations and the remainder of the obligation in the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR). They Volunteered whether they want to come back or not. It was thoroughly explained that when they are in the IRR they are subject to recall based on the needs of the Marine Corps and the needs of the Nation.
I'm currently in the Fleet Marine Corps Reserve (FMCR). I gave the Marine Corps and this country 20 years of my life. I retired 5 years ago however the Marine Corps reserves the right to recall me to Active Duty until 2011. I update my address with them every time I move. I stand ready to put my Uniform back on at any time. It's my Duty, My Priveledge and my Responsibility! One for which I volunteered, one for which I have no Regrets!

outlaw3179
08-25-06, 02:14 PM
Oooooo******rah Gunny!!!!!!!

eddief
08-25-06, 06:25 PM
eddief you joined in 1988 and you are still a LCpl? Bwahaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaa!!

No, I'm a PFC (Private ****ing Civilian) you pogue.

Yeah, I was a 4 year Lance Corporal. The Suck ****ed me out of my corporal stripes. I was a double digit midget short-timer and they wouldn't give me what I rated unless I re-upped. I told them to stick their corporal chevrons where the sun don't shine.

jebollenbach
08-25-06, 08:52 PM
No, I'm a PFC (Private ****ing Civilian) you pogue.

Yeah, I was a 4 year Lance Corporal. The Suck ****ed me out of my corporal stripes. I was a double digit midget short-timer and they wouldn't give me what I rated unless I re-upped. I told them to stick their corporal chevrons where the sun don't shine.

Apparently eddief you still haven't learned. You sound like you were a turd and still are a turd.

Wyoming
08-26-06, 06:51 AM

Naw, I don't buy it either. Still an E-3 with 99 days or less. Where's Paul Harvey when we need him, and his 'The Rest of The Story'?

Lot's of Marines remained E-4 for 4, and some got the 3rd stripe, BUT, it was many a ****bird who remained an E-3.

E-1 or E-2 after 4, they had generally got busted a few times. At least they we doing something. Do a search on Mike Clausen, MOH, Vietnam. Check out his rank.

And one other thing, my Brother Marine, the Marine Corps didn't suck, doesn't suck and won't suck.

BTW - Sorry to have gotten so far off the subject of the thread. I'm not trying to be macho or anything here, but I sorely regret the day I didn't re-up and if called up NOW, even in a training position or whatever, I'd do so proudly.

eddief
08-26-06, 08:40 AM
Naw, I don't buy it either. Still an E-3 with 99 days or less. Where's Paul Harvey when we need him, and his 'The Rest of The Story'?

Lot's of Marines remained E-4 for 4, and some got the 3rd stripe, BUT, it was many a ****bird who remained an E-3.

E-1 or E-2 after 4, they had generally got busted a few times. At least they we doing something. Do a search on Mike Clausen, MOH, Vietnam. Check out his rank.

And one other thing, my Brother Marine, the Marine Corps didn't suck, doesn't suck and won't suck.

BTW - Sorry to have gotten so far off the subject of the thread. I'm not trying to be macho or anything here, but I sorely regret the day I didn't re-up and if called up NOW, even in a training position or whatever, I'd do so proudly.

I wasn't a ****bird. I'm telling the truth about what the Corps did concerning my promotion. If you don't believe it it's no skin off my back.

And I refer to the Corps as "the Suck" in the most endearing way. I loved the Corps but I also hated it at times as well.

Grunt life sucked at times but you wouldn't know anything about that, air winger.

eddief
08-26-06, 08:42 AM
Apparently eddief you still haven't learned. You sound like you were a turd and still are a turd.

I got out of the Corps because of hardass SOBs like you.

Wyoming
08-26-06, 09:04 AM
Grunt life sucked at times but you wouldn't know anything about that, air winger.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by jebollenbach

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I got out of the Corps because of hardass SOBs like you.

Great, now the true you comes along.

You win. You're the better man. It's so sad that hardass SOBs and Wingers cause you such distress.

I looked at your profile. It says that Anthony Swofford is your 'Favorite Marine'. After reading that, there is nothing more for me to say.

eddief
08-26-06, 09:16 AM

You win. You're the better man. It's so sad that hardass SOBs and Wingers cause you such distress.

I looked at your profile. It says that Anthony Swofford is your 'Favorite Marine'. After reading that, there is nothing more for me to say.

It's a joke. I know how most of you guys feel about him. I thought it would be a good laugh for you guys.

My real favorite Marine is Smedley Butler. I admire the way he acknowledged that the banana wars he participated in were for corporate profits and not freedom, and how he stopped some fascists who wanted to overthrow FDR.

rb1651
08-26-06, 09:18 AM
gunnydi,
I think you are the one who's missed the point. Every member of the U.S. Armed Forces is a Volunteer. They volunteered for whatever duty and assignment they are given from the day they step on the yellow footprints on. They sign an 8 year contract, 3, 4, 5, or 6 years Active Duty depending on the Branch of Service and Contract Obligations and the remainder of the obligation in the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR). They Volunteered whether they want to come back or not. It was thoroughly explained that when they are in the IRR they are subject to recall based on the needs of the Marine Corps and the needs of the Nation.
I'm currently in the Fleet Marine Corps Reserve (FMCR). I gave the Marine Corps and this country 20 years of my life. I retired 5 years ago however the Marine Corps reserves the right to recall me to Active Duty until 2011. I update my address with them every time I move. I stand ready to put my Uniform back on at any time. It's my Duty, My Priveledge and my Responsibility! One for which I volunteered, one for which I have no Regrets!

I couldn't agree with you more, Gunny. Even though I got out in '87, if the phone rang and the Corps asked me to come back, I'd be on the first plane out. We may have left the Marine Corps daily life and go on to other endeavers, but we have never truly left the Corps. :flag:

eddief
08-26-06, 09:20 AM

You're not causing any distress. I'm having fun with you guys. I can dish it out and take it.

Or do you just expect me to roll over and take your insults without firing back at ya?

GunnyL
08-26-06, 04:27 PM
Okay,
Enough of the name calling! I think that some of you have gotten off the original post and taken this somewhere it didn't need to go.
eddief, the Marine Corps only gets so many slots for promotions and no unit is going to waste a Corporal slot on somebody who is a double digit midget to use your phrase and lose that slot right after filling it. The Marine Corps takes care of the Marine Corps and if you had no intention of staying in then that slot went to someone who would benefit the unit and the Corps. The "Suck" as you like to refer to the Corps didn't blank you out of your promotion.
As for calling somebody a sh**bird because they got out as a LCpl is uncalled for. I have friends who came in as Privates and got out as Privates who never had a bad word to say about the Corps. One of them was a DJ at a popular establishment in Chicago and I can tell you that no Marine entering that establishment in Uniform ever paid for their own drink when he was on duty. He loved the Corps even though he wasn't probably the best Marine. I also know a lot of Marines who got out after 4 years as LCpl's who were not ****birds, there were just no promotions in their MOS's because of Marine Corps manpower decisions where they downsized the MOS but didn't get rid of any of the SNCO's and NCO's so it inverted the Pyramid that the Marine Corps tries to maintain with regards to the Rank structure. Promotions in the Infantry are not very fast and it's extremely competitive to re-enlist into the Infantry field. Don't ever judge someone based on their rank unless you know the whole story.
eddief, back to you; "Anthony Swaford"? Really? Somebody tried to loan me that book; I read the first three pages, handed it back to him and told him I didn't need a ****bird Lance Corporals opinion of the Marine Corps. He, I can tell you was a ****bird based on his own statements and that only took me three pages. Never read the rest of the book and never saw the movie. Listing him as your favorite Marine does kind of put you in the company of ****birds so if Smedley Butler is your man, I'd change my profile if I were you.

Semper Fi!

junker316
08-26-06, 07:58 PM
I see what the Gunny is saying. Some-one somewhere is lying about the needs being met and then recalling those who chose to get out instead of re-upping. The numbers aren't matching up. Some-one has taken the stick and ran it to a point that there is a enlistment problem adn they are lying about it. Like that never occurred before. it isn't like the ones being called back have a real option of coming back or staying out. The fine print of the contract they signed covered that. But those who chose to get out and not stay in shouldn't have to be recalled. If the numbers that we as the public are given are the true numbers that are enlisting then there are more than enough bodies to fill the boat spaces. Another idea is to get those who are dodging the deployments, like at Camp Johnson and Camp Geiger, and send them into the Zones under the boat spaces that are in desperate need. But as the Guuny said there is lying being done, and I don't care how patriotic you are, the truth needs to come out. Tell the public where he problems lay and find a solution, other than lying to the poolees to get tehem in, to solve it. This manatory recall is just a way of covering up another lie from the Bush Administration. Donald Rumsfeld has not met his quota in either War Zone and President Bush is again in Michael Jackson's Fantasyland. when there are 1/2 Dozen Retired Generals and most of the house and senate calling for Rumsfeld's head and Bush does nothing, that onlty says one thing...He doesn't care about what Americans think and he doesn't care about America. He sends Billions to other Countries for thier benefit while the Social Securityt Problem hasn't been dealt with. Now he wants Americans to stand up and rejoice like puppets on a string beause of a BS recall that shouldn't be needed if the enlistment numbers are being met. Open your eyes please and notice that Bush has ran America into the dirt and is willing to leave to the next few presidents to fix his mistakes. he doesn't deserve the Presidency nor does he deserve any thing else other than Enpeachment for his conduct while President.

yellowwing
08-26-06, 08:28 PM
I'm waiting to hear what MOS fields will be called up. From the yellow footprints to a MOS trained Marine is at least 5 months.

It would make sense to call up IRR that can be over there in 5 weeks.