PDA

View Full Version : The Government Outrage Of The Day

fontman
08-24-06, 09:03 AM
THE GOVERNMENT OUTRAGE OF THE DAY
By Neal Boortz
Aug. 24, 2006

Today's outrage comes to us courtesy of the federal government. In particular, the Medicare program. For those of you miseducated in government schools, that's the government health insurance program for people over 65. It comes out of your check every pay period...under the secret code name of "FICA." Our conservative Republican President George W. Bush expanded that program by what will wind up costing a trillion dollars. It was called the prescription drug benefit for Medicare.

But anyway, today we're just talking about $50 million dollars. Think about how much money that is. Now imagine taking $50 million dollars and throwing it down a rathole....or setting in on fire. Running it through the paper shredder. Blowing it at the race track. But that's just what "The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services " did.

You see, these brilliant folks sent out 231,000 checks for $215 each to Medicare recipients to reimburse them for their glorious prescription drug coverage. I'm not going to bore you with how it happened....but it was a mistake. Those 231,000 people weren't supposed to get the 215 bucks. So now the government wants it back.

Doesn't sound like much, does it? But a $215 mistake 231,000 times comes to fifty million dollars. Money the government will never see again, most likely. After all, if you get a check from the feds, you spend it, right? Just remember: this is what we have to look forward to if we ever wind up with socialized medicine in this country. You think your HMO is bad? Just wait.

OLE SARG
08-24-06, 10:52 AM
Nothing our government does surprises me. IT'S ONLY MONEY!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Mike McIntyre
08-24-06, 12:18 PM
And who out there wants them to run MORE of your lives not LESS?

ggyoung
08-24-06, 01:13 PM
fontman=====What ticks me off is the way bush is treating the VA. Now that is justabout everyone who is on this site. By the time these young people need the VA there won't be a VA. Taking money out of the VA to pay illeagles from down south SS benifits. That is just wrong. They cut the VA millions of dollars short and then you get people like McCain who wants this to be. And then he pushies the bill to treat the bad guys warm and fuzzy.