PDA

View Full Version : Acronyms are fun. how many do you know ?

Lancecorporal
08-17-06, 12:11 PM
P.I.C.M.D.E.E.P.
Pairs, Interlocking fields of fire, Coordination of fire, Mutual support, Defilade, Enflade, Entrenchment,Protection.
If you know of anymore post em' up. S.M.E.A.C. M.E.T.T-T etc....:usmc:

outlaw3179
08-17-06, 01:39 PM
Situation, Mission, Execution, Admin and Control , I cant remember what mett t is short for though. Are you a 31 ?

B.A.M.C.I.S

E.M.P.C.O.A.

airframesguru
08-17-06, 01:44 PM
For the contracting types:

R.T.F.C - Read the F'n Contract

For the carreer man :

L.I.F.E.R - Lazy Incompitant (sp) F'r Evading Reality

NAVY- Never ARMY- Aren't
Again Ready to be
Volunteer Marines
Yourself Yet

US ARMY- Yes
(spelled My
backwards) Retarded
Ass
Signed
Up

MBA
Mediocre But Arrogant - I'll have mine soon

OLDSMOBILE - Oh, Look, Dam^it! Some Massive Oil Burning Idiot's Leaking Everything.

fontman
08-17-06, 06:06 PM
HMFIC = Head Mo Fo In Charge <br />
<br />
Any questions? <br />
<br />
:evilgrin:

OLE SARG
08-17-06, 06:25 PM
How about:
KMA - Kiss My Arse
KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid
YCFS - You Can't Fix Stupid (They are still trying on ms murtha)

SEMPER FI,

fontman
08-17-06, 06:35 PM
The Unofficial Dictionary for Marines?

Click below:

http://www.thefontman.com/marinedictionary.html

:nerd:

outlaw3179
08-17-06, 07:34 PM
f.u.b.a.r.

f.u.b.i.j.a.r.

inchon
08-17-06, 09:57 PM
B.O. H. I .C.A.

Bend Over Here It Comes Again

outlaw3179
08-18-06, 12:24 AM
**** you buddy im just a reservist :)

MillRatUSMC
08-18-06, 01:11 AM
SALUTE
S Size
A Activty
L Location
U Unit
T Time
E Equipment
Used by Recon in 1960's

Lancecorporal
08-18-06, 07:34 PM
No Sgt Outlaw I was an 0311.

outlaw3179
08-18-06, 09:18 PM
OH thats cool dude, I was just wondering cuz PICMDEEP is usually a term with 31's. Cool you know it though, plus I hadnt heard it in a while.

Lancecorporal
08-19-06, 10:19 AM
My squad leader Sgt. Barnes in 3rdbtn 1st Marines was helping me be a better Marine. He helped me out with all of those acros. Thanxs Sgt Barnes wherever you are. Errrrrrr

His_angel
08-19-06, 11:00 AM
IYAOYAS

If You Ain't Ordnance You Ain't Sh!#.

outlaw3179
08-19-06, 07:20 PM
Hey do you know a SSGT . Gonzalez, SSGT. Perkins, SSGT. Lucero, Sgt. Carr, SGt. Scarfe, or SGt. Maj. Sax. I was in the fleet with all of those Marines.

gruntxd
05-08-08, 04:16 PM
P.I.C.M.D.E.E.P.
Pairs, Interlocking fields of fire, Coordination of fire, Mutual support, Defilade, Enflade, Entrenchment,Protection.
If you know of anymore post em' up. S.M.E.A.C. M.E.T.T-T etc....:usmc:

Pairs
Interlocking fields of fire
Coordination of fire
Mutual support
Defilade
Enfilade
Economy
Protection

There is no entrenchment...

SlingerDun
05-08-08, 05:56 PM
Oh hell yeah i've tried prepping double tough horses with SMEAC but it tends to get hairy fast and i just end up hanging for the paycheck and trying to survive.http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif These days i may quit those bad accounts mid-job guilt free, because if they are so dangerous that i can't get around the animal then the owner has lied to me and literally set me up for a fall.http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif And its cheaper and more practical for a farrier to load up and drive off sound, rather than hire an ambulance.

Also tried using that five paragrapher gathering cows and lost horses on a couple big outfits but the work was so dynamic and fluid ever changing that the order gets blown out.

KOCOA seemed like a good idea when knocking around the mountains with map and compass but it has yet to fully pertain on my day hikes...

Back at farrier college the professor asked the class to come up with a simple acronym on how to approach a job, a pre-trim/shoeing inspection. He said there would be a prize for the winner. i came up with START and it was approved to the point he was excited about submitting it in the form of an article to the American Farriers Journal. Well it never happened and no prize but i had not been away from the Corps very long and was used to taking "promises" with a grain of salt:marine:

--->Dave

crate78
05-09-08, 12:37 PM
I just finished reading a book on submarine espionage during the Cold War. <br />
<br />
Submariners are hooked on acronyms, and in the book it described how a CIA spook newly assigned to a particular sub...

Jim Oliver
06-06-08, 05:54 AM
FIGMO= f**k you I got my orders

ADASTW= arrived dead and stayed that way

crate78
06-06-08, 11:48 AM
NOMFWIC. &quot;Number One M***** F***** What's In Charge&quot;. <br />
<br />
This was hung on a submarine Captain by a CIA spook during submarine intelligence gathering during the Cold War. <br />
<br />
crate

Machine Gunner
10-14-09, 08:38 AM
B-begin the planning
A-arrange recon
M-make recon
C-complete the planning
I-issue order
S-supervise

O-orientation
S-situation