PDA

View Full Version : World Trade Center Movie

SmokeyBandit
08-16-06, 09:26 PM
Not sure if it has been posted. I searched the forums and nothing came up. I was just wondering who has seen it and what they thought. I was skeptical of Oliver Stone who produced Platoon and we all know how that ended up. I'll have to say "World Trade Center" was something every American should see. What did you guys think?

JWG
08-16-06, 09:48 PM
Haven't had the opportunity to see it, yet.

Was waiting to either get a good group of friends to go see it.. or wait till it comes out on DVD to rent it.

I've heard good things about it, more than bad.

jackson07
08-16-06, 09:57 PM
I have actually seen it twice. Good movie. Not going to say a whole lot about it, but it was worth the money.

I give it my :thumbup: .

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-16-06, 10:10 PM
I haven't seen it yet, and don't know if I will or not. As much as I think America needs to be reminded of what happened to us on 9-11, I'm not sure I want people to make money off of it either.

Seeley
08-16-06, 10:39 PM
I've seen it and it was well worth it. The things going through the heads of the policemen while trapped in the rubble and the emotions they were experiencing brought me right back under that gun truck. It felt real. Too real at some points for me.

WannabeDevildog
08-17-06, 12:52 AM
I've heard some people say that "a movie like this is coming out too soon." But I totally disagree. I think that it will bring back alot of memories for everyone - the way they felt on the awful day - and maybe, just maybe remind them what our beloved service men and women are fighting for. Haven't seen it yet, but I really want to.

Accord
08-17-06, 05:20 PM
One of the stars in the movie at groundzero is a Marine.

CynthiaRH
08-19-06, 12:36 PM
I loved the movie! I think everyone should see it. It reminds us why we are in the east fighting terrorism. It makes me so angry to see people protesting the war on terrorism. They are not supporting our great troops over there. They are the ones that really need to be reminded of 9/11

Tim1418
08-19-06, 06:24 PM
I went and saw it last night, pretty good. Great reminder.

teddyn
08-20-06, 09:17 PM
I plan to see the movie before the end of the summer. In a way, the fact that money is being made around the event of September 11 is a big middle finger in the face of the terrorists. The WTC represented the might of American capitalism, right? Well, barely a few weeks after the dust had settled, stalls around ground zero were set up with low income (often immigrant) Americans using their initiative to make money- the very foundation of capitalism. Not even five years later, more money is being made by the release of a film! The terrorists have failed in stopping capitalism and entreprise in the U.S., even if they are currently achieving some success doing so in Iraq (which we must stop). Anyway, I'll make another post when I see it and let you know how I like it ;)
BTW, I thought United 93 was a really well done and sensitive movie.

DaveXIII90
08-20-06, 10:35 PM
I just saw it a few hours ago. It was a pretty well written movie in my opinion. Definately worth the seven dollars and 2 hours out of the day.

poolarnold
08-20-06, 11:01 PM
ive seen it twice an being a poolee an knowing im nothing in the USMC.....ive never felt so proud to wear my USMC shirt especially with what happens in the movie....watch it an you'll understand : )

Kildars
08-21-06, 12:54 AM
ive seen it twice an being a poolee an knowing im nothing in the USMC.....ive never felt so proud to wear my USMC shirt especially with what happens in the movie....watch it an you'll understand : )
I have to agree with this, I've also seen it twice. When I was walking I felt very proud wearing a Marine Corps T-shirt and I was with two marines when I saw the movie. They were also extremely proud.

When I was watching the movie the first time with my dad (he retired out of the corps after 25 years) he leaned to me when SSGT Karnes (who just happens to be his mothers maiden name) put on his old uniform and went down there. and said, "you'd do something like that."

Overall I liked the movie, I'm glad Oliver Stone did not politicize it but I still liked United 93 more, this was more a Pearl Harbor or so of the WTC Attacks. Too hollywood for my taste, unlike United 93.