PDA

View Full Version : Cops Busting Drunks IN Bars!

GyG1345
01-07-03, 08:22 AM
Cops Go Into Bars To Arrest Drunks? <br />
by Dick G (Login Dick Gaines) <br />
Forum Owner <br />
<br />
This is a WorldNetDaily printer-friendly version of the article which follows. <br />
To view this item online, visit...

thedrifter
01-07-03, 09:17 AM
I agree that drunk drivers must be taken off the road. I agree that drunk drivers are a menace and should be arrested, jailed, and their vehicles confiscated or the vehicle they were driving at the time. I agree that they should never be allowed to drive again, having forfeited that privelege by driving intoxicated.

I don't agree having police going into a bar/ restaurant where I choose to eat and drink and make me do a sobriety test. That is an infringed my rights...Wait for someone to openly violate the law......

Sempers,

Roger

Barndog
01-07-03, 10:07 AM
To reiterate on Mr Armstrong's statement - I havbe that same arthritis affliction. There are times when talking is a chore. Walking is a true pain in the arse - regardless of what time of day it is.
Hell - some of the medication I take (only occasionaly) limits me to not even moving in the course of any day I take it.

Sure, I like my beer. Doesn't any Marine? I also know when I've had enough, and when to call my wife.

A Drivers License is a privlege - not a right.

I carry a pocket Constitution in my truck at all times - for just such emergencies, when overzealous enforcement people tend to go 'above and beyond' too far. Not that it happens much...

Semper FI

Joe Gore
01-07-03, 11:14 AM
As a police officer for the past 9 years and a former Marine I disagree. It is illegal to be intoxicated and in a bar. I wish more departments would be more agressive in such tactics. I don't mind people going out and drinking. The problem is when they start fights, beat there spouse, and attempt to drive home. If you have ever worked the road on mind nights the majority of the calls you take are alcohol related. The Majority of the traffic crashes you handle on mids are alcohol related. I have made numerous death notifications to familys during my career over alchol related incidents (not just do to drunk drivers). It's not a part of the job I like. I think if anyone had to do that just once and see how it affects an entie family, they would change there minds and agree that more agressive actions need to be taken to stop any senseless death from taking place. I'm sure some Law Enforcement Officers are agressive, But have you ever seen what happens to people when they get the Liquid Courage flowing in them.
In Michigan Bar owners, and anyone that serves alcohol msut attend classes on how to determine if someone has had to much to drink. If someone has had to much to drink they are cut off, But a lot of the times that's not the case.
The next time your out in a bar drinking, just look around and see who you think has had to much and needs to go, and then watch that person still get served more and more!!!!!!