PDA

View Full Version : Annoying

poolarnold
08-14-06, 05:01 PM
It's so frustrating at times....an I get in huge arguements with kids about how the Marines are hands down the best an they think the Army or the Navy or the Airforce is better is makes me sooo irritated to deal with and then the other people that just dont understand an say why are you joinin yer gunna just get shot in Iraq.....some one help me lol

JWG
08-14-06, 05:20 PM
Hey, happens to all of us.. just brush it off. Hell, even go the route to write your "venting" on it, and maybe even use it for a Motivational post in the Motivational thread.

Stay Motivated, don't do it for no one but yourself, they're s/hit outta luck.

fraser
08-14-06, 08:55 PM
dont even pay attention to them they are just ignorant. i deal with the same freaking thing all year it ****es me off too

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-14-06, 10:10 PM
WOW, I guess the rules about proper grammer are no longer important. I didn't know that rule was eliminated.

Covey_Rider
08-14-06, 11:54 PM
Echo_Four_Bravo is correct. The language needs to be worked on. Every branch in pumped up like their the best branch of the military...The Air Force will say that only people with a low IQ would go to a different branch..and that all the intelligent people join the Air Force...The Navy will say that their branch is perfect for adventure and for people to expand and enjoy their lives...the Army is always about improving yourself..."an army of one." It's a place where thugs can go to change their life around...The Marines are trained to go to war, no question about it. They don't make Marine Corps boot camp 13 weeks just for the hell of it. The best you can do is to be humble and to hear their criticisms but not listen to them, if you get what I mean...hear what they have to say but don't let it sway you. Stand strong and remember...it doesn't matter what others have to say, just know in your own mind and heart that you are joining the best...joining any other branch would merely be settling for something less. The Marines aren't just a branch...they're a brotherhood and people who realize that crave it.

jinelson
08-15-06, 12:20 AM
Quote by Shaffer Administrator Leatherneck
Attention on Deck

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see many poolees and wannabes are not paying attention to detail. This place is looking completely UNSAT!

From here on out, you must using proper grammer and punctution. Examples on a post:

Incorrect
how many pullups should i do

Correct
How many pullups should I do?

If you do not adhere to these rules your post will be deleted.

Carry on.

Jerry

Read and heed I will delete posts that dont adhere to the rule!

WannabeDevildog
08-15-06, 12:35 AM
Jon is right. I don't thinks that anyone on this site has never got static from someone for joining/being a Marine. And yes, there will always be friendly competetion between branches. But if you think of it, the Marines offer the best of all worlds. Marines have fighter aircraft like the Air Force, Tanks and Artillery like the Army, and are a sea operational force like the Navy. If they had to be they could go it alone without any support from the other branches AND STILL WIN! Bottom line, don't sweat it. We're all gonna get crap from people for joining, but we know that we are joining the best and will be the best. Let's see what they say when you come back a MARINE!

WannabeDevildog
08-15-06, 01:20 AM
. I don't thinks that anyone on this site has never got static from someone for joining/being a Marine. And yes, there will always be friendly competetion between branches. But if you think of it, the Marines offer the best of all worlds. Marines have fighter aircraft like the Air Force, Tanks and Artillery like the Army, and are a sea operational force like the Navy. If they had to be they could

Sorry for the crappy grammar, got a little "trigger happy" on the keyboard so to speak. lol

chafas2531
08-15-06, 08:16 AM
it's so frustrating at times....an i get in huge arguements with kids about how the Marines are hands down the best an they think the Army or the Navy or the Airforce is better is makes me sooo irritated to deal with and then the other people that just dont understand an say why are you joinin yer gunna just get shot in Iraq.....sum1 help me lol
:marine: Lad, one must put everything into perspective. What would definitely be advantageous for you is to remember that there are only two types of people: MARINES and those who want to be! Stow this away in your mind and heart and show the world by how you live this. Your actions will speak louder than your words. I never have to say anything when asked this question. I just smile and reply with "just ask anyone, they will tell you," and I carry on with my busyness?! As a United States Marine one does not have to say anything---just do it! I worked at BAMC with alot of civilians and soldiers and these soldiers did not get much respect. Why? Because they did not look like soldiers, act like soldiers, nor worked like soldiers. You carry yourself like a Marine and no one will have to ask you anything! Your life and conduct will say it all!! Oooorahhh! Carry on!
SEMPER FIDELIS!:usmc:
ben

Osotogary
08-15-06, 09:52 AM
Call this for what this is, wether you think that this is B.S. or not, but it has been my experience that real professionals seldom, if ever, show their disdain for other like minded professionals. If anything, there is usually a begrudging respect and the cajoling that sometimes accompanies it. If you are a pro, you are a pro, no matter which Armed Service you chose.
Like chafas2351 says, "Your life and conduct will say it all!!"

poolarnold-
Just out of curiousity, how old are your detractors?

Barret
08-15-06, 10:43 AM
The Corps is envied by all other services. The Corps is like an unkown challenge to them, which they will never experience. Marine Corps training is, without a doubt, the toughest American Military training possible (Besides Special Forces.)

This is why I want to join the Corps. Frankly, I really wouldn't trust many soldiers/airmen/sailors with my life(Many, and I'm not saying most, are just in it for the college cash, they could care less about defending your life). But you can bet your ass that if a Marine comes to the defense, he will fight until his/her last breath.

:iwo:

poolarnold
08-15-06, 05:11 PM
well sir, the ages range from 17 to 40 sumthin of the people who are criticizing me

Static_Sky25
08-15-06, 08:03 PM
why do you feel the need to defend your choice in the Corps... It's battle history speaks for it's self... where where the Army and Navy during the Battle for Chapultapec... They pulled out when they couldn't take the town they called the Marines and the Marines took it in less time the the Army AND Navy were trying to... That's why NCO's and higher now wear the "Blood stripe" on the Blues trousers... to honor the losses sustained in the NCO Corps during that battle... as far as the Airforce... they like to play Military with their multi-million dollar hardware.... Kinda like a midlife crisis... their compensating... when push comes to Shove Marines are in the Mud, the Air, and on the Water... their the Best because they do more with less than all of the Other Branches IN LESS TIME... and if someone doesn't like that then tell them to go sign up for one of the others cause the Corps doesn't wanna waste their time on their Scuzzy hindparts...

His_angel
08-15-06, 09:27 PM
Make it through Marine boot then decide down the road you want to go Air Force, Army, Navy or Coast Guard? You will not have to attend their basic training. Join one of the other services then want to join the Marine Corps? You'll be going through Marine Corps boot. See? Even the government and the powers that may be that dictate training know that Marine Corps and Marines are the best.

Angel

DaveXIII90
08-18-06, 11:15 AM
Same thing happens to me as well. For example: Every now and then I play a WWII game on my computer against people online- Sometimes, a Marine, poolee, or somebody who's goal to become a Marine enters the game room, and plays with us. Somewhere along the line, people begin to critisize us for our interest in the USMC.Sometimes they just say "Oh well Im not THAT dumb, Im not joining the Military"...Sometimes they say stuff like "This war is pathetic, all of these men and women fighting for their country are ignorant, theyre just dying for nothing, theyre all idiots..."...some people, mostly Canadian people, have even said stuff like "Ha, your all idiots, you deserved september 11th, you have nothing better to do than to find a reason to get yourself in a war and get killed.....your all idiots".....there are some more disturbing, disgusting, and down right evil things that suprisingly ALOT of American's have said about the Military while I talked to them on the game......and then, there are the people that are correct: some of the poolees/Marines/Wannabes that are in the game at the same time simply say: Dave, dont even think about trying to force them into understanding why we are NOT the way they see us as...They just dont, and will not, understand..." So, it pretty much ends at that- the point that there wont be much we can do to change a persons view about our armed forces-so why bother getting mad at them... In the case of people saying which branch they think is better, dont listen to them...just be neutaral, tell them that you have your own reasons for your decision, tell them that you would wish to end the discussion where it is, and keep it at "You have your opinion, I have mine, lets just not bother trying to change eachothers opinions and we will be fine." Maybe these two quotes will have some significance and go together with this, maybe they wont, but ill try- one is "There is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer." The other one is by Franklin D. Roosevelt: "I like sub commanders. They dont have time for Bull****; And neither do I." This is from the movie pearl harbor, I am not sure if he said this in real life. And yes, it is not about the USMC...but, we may fall under that quote to a certain extent: Us poolees, wannabes, and Marines....we as well do NOT have time for Bull**** either. So, my point is that for one, our interests in the USMC are volunteer-driven. We are doing this because it is what we want to do, what we believe is right, and if people dissagree with our intentions, that is their own problem, not ours. For the "No BS" quote, it relates to how people are constantly critisizing us with evil, horrible quotes, and also how people are telling us which branch is better than the other- its all BS.....the branches are all equally great, in their own different ways....its all BS when people say the weird evil and incorrect things about the military in general. WE DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR BULL****, AND THAT MEENS WE DONT HAVE TIME FOR CRITICISM! I hope I have given an acceptable view of my perspective. We are doing what we know is right, not what other people think is right/wrong. Its our decsion, not someone elses. And that is one reason that we are very special, great, true-hearted people.

Camper51
08-18-06, 11:32 AM
Why do you give a toot what others think, anyway? Are you a politician who needs votes? Do you need Mommy's approval? Or do you need your g/f's approval?

Do what is right for YOU and only YOU and anyone who doesn't think like you can just go on being an idiot in your eyes...

Men don't worry about what others think, they do what is right and continue the march...

Do you think Dan Daly was too concerned when he said "Come on you sons of B*tches, do you want to live forever?" as he began to attack an overwhelming enemy force?

iamcloudlander
08-18-06, 01:18 PM
I sit here and read all the "poolies" whining about what is being said about their decision to join the Corps.
In the 60's and early 70's it didn't matter which branch you were joining, anyone in the military were considered criminals,baby killers, murderers and other names to vile to mention. But the MEN and WOMEN that went into the military had the inner strength to not allow the people that were calling them these names to deter them. The names did not just come from the long haired hippies but from all venues of media newspapers,tv, and yes even the radio. All the media coverage was about the attrocities that was happening in Vietnam very little was ever good in favor of the military.
But we took it and we did our duty as best we could with very little support from our government,we had to fight a war that no one supported, the enemy got more support than we.
So when anyone says anything about you joining the service--Marines,Army,Navy,Air Force, all you have to do is smile and say thanks for the support you give the troops in combat as I expect to join them soon. You will see a sudden change in their attitude because they do have some sort of respect for you and your decision.
In closing I wish to add don't worry about where your basic is accomplished as once you leave either MCRD you probably will never talk about it again as no one really cares where you were trained but that you are trained when you check into wherever you are sent.
I hope that I haven't hurt anyones feelings with this reply
but don't worry about anyone but your self because your decisions about your future are yours and yours alone.

LEADEROFMARINES
08-18-06, 02:07 PM
POOLEE, MANY YOUNG PEOPLE ARE BEING LEAD ASTRAY THESE DAYS. THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS THAT THERE IS NOTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD THAT COMPARES TO BEING A US MARINES. OUR TRADITONS, VALUES, AND CAMMADERIE ARE IN A CLASS OF THERE OWN. MOST PEOPLE AREN'T READY TO TAKE ON SOMETHING THAT INTENSE. A "FEW" RIGHT? I WOULDN'T EVEN WASTE MY BREATH BECAUSE THE'LL NEVER GET IT. 2ND TO NONE, NOW AND FOREVER. YOU JUST STAY MOTO.:flag:

Accord
08-18-06, 10:00 PM
Same thing happens to me as well. For example: Every now and then I play a WWII game on my computer against people online- Sometimes, a Marine, poolee, or somebody who's goal to become a Marine enters the game room, and plays with us. Somewhere along the line, people begin to critisize us for our interest in the USMC.Sometimes they just say "Oh well Im not THAT dumb, Im not joining the Military"...Sometimes they say stuff like "This war is pathetic, all of these men and women fighting for their country are ignorant, theyre just dying for nothing, theyre all idiots..."...some people, mostly Canadian people, have even said stuff like "Ha, your all idiots, you deserved september 11th, you have nothing better to do than to find a reason to get yourself in a war and get killed.....your all idiots".....there are some more disturbing, disgusting, and down right evil things that suprisingly ALOT of American's have said about the Military while I talked to them on the game......and then, there are the people that are correct: some of the poolees/Marines/Wannabes that are in the game at the same time simply say: Dave, dont even think about trying to force them into understanding why we are NOT the way they see us as...They just dont, and will not, understand..." So, it pretty much ends at that- the point that there wont be much we can do to change a persons view about our armed forces-so why bother getting mad at them... In the case of people saying which branch they think is better, dont listen to them...just be neutaral, tell them that you have your own reasons for your decision, tell them that you would wish to end the discussion where it is, and keep it at "You have your opinion, I have mine, lets just not bother trying to change eachothers opinions and we will be fine." Maybe these two quotes will have some significance and go together with this, maybe they wont, but ill try- one is "There is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer." The other one is by Franklin D. Roosevelt: "I like sub commanders. They dont have time for Bull****; And neither do I." This is from the movie pearl harbor, I am not sure if he said this in real life. And yes, it is not about the USMC...but, we may fall under that quote to a certain extent: Us poolees, wannabes, and Marines....we as well do NOT have time for Bull**** either. So, my point is that for one, our interests in the USMC are volunteer-driven. We are doing this because it is what we want to do, what we believe is right, and if people dissagree with our intentions, that is their own problem, not ours. For the "No BS" quote, it relates to how people are constantly critisizing us with evil, horrible quotes, and also how people are telling us which branch is better than the other- its all BS.....the branches are all equally great, in their own different ways....its all BS when people say the weird evil and incorrect things about the military in general. WE DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR BULL****, AND THAT MEENS WE DONT HAVE TIME FOR CRITICISM! I hope I have given an acceptable view of my perspective. We are doing what we know is right, not what other people think is right/wrong. Its our decsion, not someone elses. And that is one reason that we are very special, great, true-hearted people.
Who cares what someone in a internet video game thinks or says? Everyone on the internet is a tough guy - guaranteed not a single one of those morons would dare say that to the face of an actual Marine in real life, instead they would just walk away in jealousy.