PDA

View Full Version : Do men think it's ridiculous to have women in the Marine Corp.?

gold fish
01-06-03, 02:08 PM
I ask this after having a conversation with a Marine recently. He told me that he and his fellow Marines think its just not fair.

He mentioned that the training was much different, that the women are not expected to do anywhere near what the men do....

He also said women can not fight in combat. I did not know this.

He went on to talk about how women go into the Marine Corp. to "get pregnant and married so that they can live off base and get a paycheck for each kid they pop out"

Please tell me what the over all opinion of women in the Marine Corp. is, and if my friend has any truth to his thoughts.....

Thank you :)

firstsgtmike
01-06-03, 02:21 PM
There are 51 posts in the Women Marine forum. I suggest you read through all of them, including the threads and all of your questions should be answered.

If, after reading, you still have an unanswered question, you may get some answers.

gold fish
01-06-03, 02:48 PM
I read every single post in this forum regarding women in the marine corp. and what I found was a lot of enthusiasm and a lot of proud fathers.

My question was if it is the general opinion of male marines, especially marines of present time that women have no place in the corp.

Like I said, a few friends specifically at Camp Leguene have some very strong views on this....I want to know more.....

gold fish
01-06-03, 03:53 PM
My original post does seem harsh when I take another look at it, and I understand why no one would want to agree with my friend or tell of their own thoughts on females in the marine corp., especially if they are not positive thoughts.

Shaffer
01-06-03, 03:59 PM
Do men think women should be on the police force?
Do men think women should be firefighters?
Do men think women should be computer programmers?
Do men think women should be president?
Do women think men should be nurses?
Do women think men should be nannies?
Do women think men should be NEUTERED?
Do some men think women shouldn't be in Business Quarters?

Who cares? Some men will think what they want. Some women will think what they want. Opinions are like..oops almost said it.

Anyhow...

SF,
Jerry

wrbones
01-06-03, 04:47 PM
:D LMAO That was funny!

Come on Jerry! Say it! Give me another chance to bust yer chops! LOL.

Hell, I get mine busted alla time, why should you be special! ;)

USMC-FO
01-06-03, 05:26 PM
Right on 'Bones' Go ahead Jerry speak out !! You have the stones ?

And 'Gold Fish' if your friend at Lejeune said what he said about women Marines just join to "pop out kids" and collect a check then I would suggest you loose him because he is a jerk !

mrbsox
01-06-03, 07:31 PM
Women in the Service ??? My 2 cents

Before I got out, in '79, they passed this question around the Company. I personally feel the same today, as I did then.

Yes to the Military, Police, Fire Department, etc.... no big deal, with qualifications. That is:

NO to combat OR Combat support roles. I don't like female fighter pilots either. All other roles, I have no problem with.

AND the C.O. is reading this over my shoulder..... cold supper tonight :D THIS IS MY OPINION !!

Women in Combat situations causes unique problems, and NOT JUST if captured. NOT including the strength argurement, that everyone knows can be proven wrong, women have certian physical atributes that make them battle field problems.

Men can obviously take 'relief' at most any time or place, not only in the stand up position, but WITHOUT removing any gear. And quickly. Modesty aside, women need more time, and must shed some amount of gear.

We know that in a pinch, rounds in the air and such, it would not be unknown to just 'GO' in your trousers, which brings up the hygene problem.

The 'cycle' has it's own problems, but women are much more suceptible to various infections, makeing them a potential battlefield casualty, jeopardizing unit srtength, and the mission.

And, I have stayed out of the 'how will the guys act if shes hurt, damsel in distress' thought process. We ALL know men think with there 'gun', and not always rationally.

Now that I've stirred up a hornets nest.... :D

Semper Fi.

Terry

montana
01-06-03, 07:48 PM
hornets nest hummmm

you know why men are like bee's ???

cuzz theys always trying to get a little hunny on um's
stinger

Earle Comstock
01-06-03, 08:13 PM
This is my opinion and only my opinion . Men work on logic , women work on emotion . In a fighting role , I say NO , Maybe yes to a support role , depending on the job. And definately no to being in...

usmcgirl5
01-09-03, 06:49 PM
Terry, I must agree with you on this issue. I am the wife of a Marine. A female in combat getting shot will more thanlikely cause all her "fellow" soldiers or Marines to stop fighting to try to help her and thus we will have more casualties. Women do have a place in the military, just like anywhere else. HOWEVER they don't need to be involved in combat. I know several female and male Marines who share this opinion with me.

yellowwing
01-09-03, 06:57 PM
Logic and emotion? It doesn't make too much of a difference when you try to take the cubs of a female Grizzly!

If Abdul is trying to cap my butt I am sure Sgt Mary Riley would send him to Allah him faster than you can say Jihad! We are all Marine Corps GREEN!

USMC0311
01-09-03, 07:24 PM
whether anyone agrees or Not.The Commandant has issued an Order to define ALL Marines as Marines. I don't believe a Marine would worry any more about a Woman Marine than he would a Brother Marine..We cover Marines asses..thats the biggest part of being Marine. Semper Fidelis To the Corps and wtf it stands for.

I believe anyone; no matter what sex, creed or color, if Qualified for a Job; should be allowed to go for it. If then Qualified to do the job, Then Do It.

Too many people lookin for glory and not enough looking for Excellence in their Job Performance.

All the "hey look at me" people should get a slap up side their head.

I think women should be Homemakers and Mothers.

I have seen wtf the children have become after over 30 years of affirmative action and wtf society has lowered itself to..

Leave a pup alone and they will **** all over the place.

Earle Comstock
01-09-03, 07:42 PM
Amen USMC0311 Amen

Cpl Commie:rambo: Kill A Commie For Mommy:rambo:

Earle Comstock
01-09-03, 07:50 PM
If WM's were meant to go to battle with the men , we would be trained by the same D.I.'s , live in the barracks together , shower together etc. , etc ! But , bottom line is , we don't . There is a reason for that . This is still my opinion , and I know its shared by many of my brothers . I am a hard headed motherfvcker and you can't change my opinion . Sorry ladies , no disrespect meant toward any of you . Semper Fi , Do or Die
Cpl Commie:rambo: Kill A Commie For Mommy :rambo:

CAS3
01-09-03, 09:38 PM
I am lookking at this thread after a short respite from the site... <br />
<br />
First, Earle...that could be why you only made corporal! <br />
<br />
<br />
Second, guppy, goldfish whatever, you need to choose friends that...

CAS3
01-09-03, 09:42 PM
P.S. Lets not forget, I am a former Wm and wife of a MARINE. I live in Stafford and have NEVER met anyone with the opinions you shared usmcgirl5. A thought I was just having..... girl vs. woman big fing difference.

Shaffer
01-09-03, 09:50 PM
All I can say is that will teach you to take short respites from the site. Beside what better things do you have to do? LOL

SF,
Jerry

Earle Comstock
01-09-03, 09:52 PM
CAS3 , Sorry you took offense to my opinion , I have the right to have it . Doesn't give you the right to belittle me . I am proud of the fact that I made Cpl . Are you proud to have made PFC , or that you were a Marine . I wasn't lifer material , doesn't mean I haven't at times wished I had stayed in . Bottom line , I still feel the same , I have the same opinions as I had before I read your post ,and there will be another tomorrow , So what .
Semper Fi to you and yours

CAS3
01-09-03, 09:55 PM
I do apologize, going back, I am in a ****ty mood. But if you were in today do you know how many of your superiors would be female?

Oh and Yes, I am proud of everything I did in the Corps and what I do for the Corps today...and the OTHER branches too!!! I would have been a lifer. It was the smartest decision in my life.

CAS3
01-09-03, 09:55 PM
GERALD....bite me

USMC0311
01-09-03, 10:01 PM
"Get Sum" Colleen., but Remember ..women can get pregnant. :yes:

CAS3
01-09-03, 10:07 PM
Not when they have burned each tube three times....hee hee hee

USMC0311
01-09-03, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by CAS3
Not when they have burned each tube three times....hee hee hee
takin No chances. :yes: Well Then Colleen "Do It" :banana:

CAS3
01-09-03, 10:36 PM
Joe, I will once hubby comes home...thanks for your permission !!! ;)

Earle Comstock
01-09-03, 11:10 PM
Ok , CAS3 , You and I didn't quite read the post correctly . The question was , Do men think it's rediculous to have women in the Marine Corp ? This was not a question to get pis sed about , we were being asked our opinion . And second , I should have just answered NO , without any further explaination .
Semper Fi Marines , Men and Women

wrbones
01-10-03, 12:40 AM
It was a troll question! Come on folks. Yer givin' 'im what he wants!

firstsgtmike
01-10-03, 01:36 AM
My world is black or white, up or down, right or wrong. When things, and MANY of them do, fall into a gray area, I choose NOT to play.

I have never served with, for, over, or under a Woman Marine. So my experience is non-existent. I've heard or read about women in the Israeli and other militaries.

I guess my problem is my up-bringing. I still open a door for a lady, offer her my seat when there is none, automatically come to her aid in a male-female confrontation.

I have no problems dealing with women in positions of authority. I treat with respect women whose position at the time is less than mine, i.e. clerk, salesgirl, receptionist, etc.

I don't know if I could assign a female as point on a patrol, or put one in harms way on a listening post. Or watch one being captured.

I'm comfortable with what I know. I'm not comfortable with what I do not know.

Unfortunately, when a unit is deployed it is impractical to say that all WMs will be replaced.

Every Marine is a Rifleman First. Clerks, sock counters, computer techs, ALL took their turn on security patrol and as perimeter guards.

I led some of those patrols. I'm thankful there were no females I had to consider.

When a unit deploys, all replacements should be made in CONUS. Shorttimers, sick, lame, lazy, and females should be replaced.

Is that fair? Females considered separately? We go, she stays?

HELL NO! So I'm glad I don't have to deal with it.

Semper Fi

yellowwing
01-10-03, 09:09 AM
Two questions: Besides Maggie Thatcher, (when she sent her lads to evict the Argentinians), are there any female Royal Marines?

And how are the females combat trained in the Israeli Defense Force? Seperate or along side the males?

USMC0311
01-10-03, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by yellowwing
Two questions: Besides Maggie Thatcher, (when she sent her lads to evict the Argentinians), are there any female Royal Marines?

And how are the females combat trained in the Israeli Defense Force? Seperate or along side the males?

doan matta..the whole deal revolves around Liberty. and iffin ya "Get Sum" or NOT..ya pay for play and ya play for fun.

the good ole 4 F's that make for a peaceful existence
find'em
feel'em
em ahh OOoo f'em:D
and fergit'em.

all gender friendly..any port inna storm:yes:
if yer finikey....don't ever pray for rain

firstsgtmike
01-10-03, 03:05 PM
Vietnam's Women of War
They answered their country's call and fought the Americans. But when peace came, their own society cast them aside.
By David Lamb
Times Staff Writer

January 10 2003

NINH BINH, Vietnam -- They were the girls of war, teenage volunteers who took up arms in one of the largest female armies any nation has put on a modern battlefield. For years they fought, sustaining themselves with a dream central to Vietnamese culture:

When there was peace, they would find a good husband and bear children.

For many of them, it was not to be. When they came home at war's end in 1975, they were perceived as less desirable, as damaged by the disease, malnutrition and other hardships they had endured in the jungle.

Young men, themselves just back from the war, did not return their glances on the street. If love bloomed, parents would often cut it short, forbidding their sons to marry women who appeared too weak to give birth or raise a child.

"Oh, how the jungle aged me," said Vu Hoai Thu, one of 500 women from the town of Ninh Binh, 60 miles south of Hanoi, who fought in what the Vietnamese call the American War.

"Finally, I did find a nice boy. He asked me to marry, but his parents wouldn't allow it. He did not want to leave me, but I convinced him he must. I was weak from malaria and malnutrition. I did not think I would ever be strong enough to give him children."

Women like Thu are in their 50s now, and when they meet to commemorate their sacrifices, they speak of losing the springtime of their youth on the Truong Son Road, as the Vietnamese call the Ho Chi Minh Trail.

They talk of coming home to lives that were tougher than the ones they had left. Bitterness lingers that for many years they were forgotten soldiers in a war that made heroes of the men who fought, but not the women.

"I thought my life after the war would be simple and happy," said Nguyen Thi Binh, who came home weighing 85 pounds. "But I let my boyfriend go. I told him that with my diseases, with my wounded leg, I would be a burden on him."

Binh lived on her own for 17 years, a form of exile in a family-oriented society in which barren women and childless couples are objects of pity. Then, at the urging of her former comrades in a women's brigade, the 559, Binh "took a husband for the night" and bore a daughter.

She and the child, Lan, now 10, live together on a small rice paddy that Binh farms.

"The good people offer me understanding and sympathy," Binh said. "And I appreciate that. But sometimes bad people will bring their children to my house and say, 'Don't be like that woman.' "

But if the "patriotic call went out" to fight in a future war, Binh said, she would let her daughter march off to battle, just as she did. "We have a saying in Vietnam," she said, "that if the enemy comes, even the women must fight."

Vietnam has a long history of women warriors. Two of the country's most revered heroes are the Trung sisters, Trac and Nhi, who led an insurrection against China in A.D. 40 and liberated Vietnam. One of their commanders, Phung Thi Chinh, is said to have given birth during the battle and to have continued fighting with her infant strapped to her back.

Another woman, Trieu Au, rode an elephant into battle against the Chinese in A.D. 248, leading a force of 3,000. Defeated in battle, she committed suicide at the age of 23.

Military historians estimate that in the 1950s, nearly a million female guerrillas took part in the war against colonial French forces. In the conflict with the U.S., 40% of the Viet Cong's regional commanders were women. One of them, Nguyen Thi Dinh, was a general.

Hundreds of thousands of women, most of them young and single, served in combat zones in that war. They operated antiaircraft guns, built roads under frequent bombardment and went on patrols in mixed-gender units.

"We lived and slept together but did not touch," said a woman in the 559 Brigade, who attributed the restraint to cultural conservatism. "I don't know of a single pregnancy in our unit. We thirsted for love, but only in our hearts."

Other women collected intelligence, spied, and ferried troops and supplies along riverways in small boats.

Mai Thi Diem volunteered to fight after the U.S. bombed the communal farm where she lived, killing 100 people, including many of her relatives.

"I weighed 35 kilos [77 pounds] when I went to enlist, and the army said I was too small," said Diem, who still walks with a limp, the result of a land mine injury. "I told them I would throw myself off the bridge and commit suicide if they didn't take me. Finally, they said OK."

Le Minh Khue, a Hanoi novelist, has written of the powerful bonds forged by the war effort. "I loved everyone with a passionate love," wrote Khue, who lied about her age and joined the army at 15. It was a love, she said, that "only someone who had stood on that hill in those moments could understand fully. That was the love of the people in smoke and fire, the people of war."

Phan Thanh Hao, a journalist and co-author of a book on Vietnam's female warriors, served in the Truong Son Mountains along the Ho Chi Minh Trail.

"Women tipped the balance toward victory in the war," she said. "Other than the Soviet Union in World War II, no country comes close to having the number of women in direct combat roles. Still, it was hard for us to become normal again. For my generation, our hearts tighten to this day when we hear a plane overhead."

The girls of war came home to families that were poor. Having another mouth to feed was a problem. Emaciated by disease and malnutrition, their skin weathered by years in the jungle, they were perceived as less attractive than when they had set out from their villages.

In addition, so many young men were killed during the war that the pool of prospective husbands was reduced. Even today, there are 97.6 men for every 100 women in Vietnam, one of the lowest ratios in Southeast Asia.

"I was lucky," said Nguyen Thi Nhong, 51, a veteran of the 559 Brigade. "I met a young man, very handsome, on Truong Son. He was from a nearby village and we married. But I know so many others who fell in love on the battlefield and searched and searched after the war but could never find each other."

Many of the women recovered their health and married. Others who remained single went to live in Buddhist pagodas or in government housing projects.

In the early 1980s, in a step to ease their isolation, the government sought to lift the taboo against bearing children out of wedlock. Unwed mothers and their children, it was announced, would be considered families and eligible for a grant of land to grow rice. Thousands of women took a "husband for the night."

Perhaps because of their history as warriors, or because the communist leadership was successful in appealing to women as a revolutionary class, Vietnamese women today enjoy a measure of the equality guaranteed by the country's constitution.

A third of the members of the National Assembly are women. A woman, Nguyen Thi Binh, is the country's vice president. Women receive the same salaries as men in government and fill important jobs in state and private industries.

They are Vietnam's economic backbone, managing the rice harvests and operating the markets. The rate of death during childbirth is low by regional standards; female school enrollment is high. It is rare for women to stay home as homemakers, regardless of their societal status.

"How did Vietnam's women reach that level of achievement and well-being? Because of war and the important role they played in it," said Nisha Agrawal, a World Bank economist versed in women's rights. "So at first you say, 'This is great. There are no women's issues.' Then you start talking to poor people in the villages and you say, 'Wow, there are still a lot of problems.' "

When war ended, men resumed their domination of the family. Men decide how money is spent, determine the size of a family without consultation with their wives and maintain deed to all property. Their disregard for contraception makes abortion the country's No. 1 means of birth control. Their fondness for alcohol contributes to domestic violence.

Though recognition has been slow, women are starting to receive credit for their contributions to the war effort. Those who lost two or more sons in battle were declared Hero Mothers in 1991 and are entitled to special benefits.

A Women's Museum opened in Hanoi in 1995. All schoolchildren now write an essay on women's role in the war. A monument is being built on the banks of the Nhat Le River near the old demilitarized zone, honoring a woman who ferried men and supplies in her boat despite bombardment.

And the women of the 559 Brigade who went off to war as teenage volunteers have been given a special medal as "Soldiers of Truong Son."

Three of those soldiers wore their old uniforms to a recent reunion in Ninh Binh. They and half a dozen others gathered at a small restaurant to honor the 40 comrades who didn't come back from Truong Son and the 50 others who returned as invalids.

They exchanged small talk and memories, and when lunch was served, the brigade commander, Tran Thi Binh, stood and announced that she wanted to share a poem she had written, "Young Girl's Time." It was long, and she recited from memory in a singsong cadence, her eyes closed.

I'd like to burn a simple incense stick for the unlucky girls who died.

Though they never come back, we who lost our youth keep waiting.

We are the Truong Son girls, now gray and full of memories,

Remembering our unfound love partners who have gone far away.

The other women at the table looked away. A few buried their faces in their hands. Several dabbed at their eyes with tissues. When Binh finished, there was an awkward silence. Then someone said, "Let's make this a happy day."

Sgt Sostand
01-10-03, 05:07 PM
We need WM's in the Mess Hall Cooking. hahahahah (just jokeing)
If they want to be true Marines give some of them the MOS 0300 and see how they feel after about a year.

Earle Comstock
01-10-03, 06:23 PM
Now why you gotta talk about food , Now ole Cpl Commie is hungry . Hey woman , git yer as s in that kitchen and russel me up some grub ! Go on git , or be wishin you had . Thank god she didn't wanna go in the service , or I'd have to go find some other woman to do it .
What do you tell a woman with two black eyes ? Nothing you've already told her twice .
Now ladies don't get your panties in a bunch , I 'm just joking .
Semper Fi , Do Or Die ,
Now get yer as s in the kitchen and start cooking !
Be good to yourself and Respect your Elders :cool:

leroy8541
01-11-03, 07:58 AM
Should there be women in the corp? Definitely! Women in combat m.o.s.? Definitely not! Thats just my 2 cents worth. I never had to deal with the WM in my tenure but once. I got in the bad graces of the gunny, and had to pull mess duty in 29 palms on one of the big time operations (just think a recon marine on mess duty during a big game what a disgrace!) we had WM's there in the division mess area. Most were professional and there was no problems, but some of the younger ones male and female decided to have thier own operation! and one female was busted with about 6500 in 20's down at the reefer! I think most men a just jealous because of the extra rackett WM's can pull to take thier money away from them. I can definitely see fraternization as a problem.

Joyce
01-11-03, 12:48 PM
Well you do have a point there. I know for a fact the bar owner of a club outside the Yuma base is making a ton of money off the marines who go inside his establishment. So he didn't join the service to pull money away from MEN.. Its not just marines, its the whole concept in general. You can't help people that can't help themselves. Women can't handle themselves in certain situations ruin it for the rest of us. I can assure you that. Its a shame that us as adults have to be told to act like adults. That is the whole problem. Sorry, that was my 2 cents worth......

You are right... there is a problem.

Barrio_rat
01-11-03, 01:50 PM
Here's one to think about. A brief history and then the lesson. I was Aviation Ordnance (yeah, I know swing with the wing and all that) - Ordies are known as &quot;the Grunts of the Air Wing&quot; We had a...

jakebrown1
01-11-03, 06:10 PM
I, for one, have known some Woman Marines that could romp all over some of your @$$es any day of the week, Grunt or not.

Someday we will get past this and women will be allowed to perform the missions to which they are capable, just like a Male Marine.

gold fish wrote:
"He went on to talk about how women go into the Marine Corp. to "get pregnant and married so that they can live off base and get a paycheck for each kid they pop out"

First of all Marines, I do not blame gold fish for what some dumb-@$$ sea lawyer told him.
Secondly Marines regardless of gender, do not get paid more for each dependent they acquire. If anyone tells you this, they are either stupid or lying. Besides, the same can be said of some Male Marines. I have worked with many a Marine that either thought about or actually went out and married some local Havelock Honey or whatnot just so they can live offbase and get paid more. Little do they, or the dumd@$$ who told gold fish that story, realize that the increase in pay is in no eway equal or superior to the responsibilities that go along with being married or having children.

Earle Comstock
01-11-03, 06:21 PM
Well now there Sgt. , If you feel comfortable going to war having women watch your back , and believe they are capable to think rationally enough to save your as s , then go for it Marine . I do not , and thank god I went through when I did . When I did my time , women in the Grunts was not an option . Carry On Marine .
Cpl Commie
:rambo: Kill A Commie For Mommy :rambo:
Be Good To Yourself And Respect Your Elders :cool:
Death And Destruction Professionally , USMC

jakebrown1
01-11-03, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Earle Comstock
Well now there Sgt. , If you feel comfortable going to war having women watch your back , and believe they are capable to think rationally enough to save your as s , then go for it Marine .

Actually, there have been some Marines that I wouldn't want watching my back, and it had nothing to do with thier gender. It had to do with their character as a Marine. I won't judge a Marine based on thier gender. I will judge them based on thier performance as a Marine. That is what truly counts. The sooner we all wake up and realize that, the better. I am not suggesting we open the 03 field to all women. I am suggesting that there are some women capable, just as there are some men. Let's face it, not all Marines are capable of being 03s, myself included.

However, that is just my opinion, and everybody has one. If all of my opinions were right, I would be the Commandant. I am not :no: , and I respect your opinion :yes: .

firstsgtmike
01-11-03, 08:37 PM
"Military historians estimate that in the 1950s, nearly a million female guerrillas took part in the war against colonial French forces. In the conflict with the U.S., 40% of the Viet Cong's regional commanders were women. One of them, Nguyen Thi Dinh, was a general.

Hundreds of thousands of women, most of them young and single, served in combat zones in that war. They operated antiaircraft guns, built roads under frequent bombardment and went on patrols in mixed-gender units."
------------------------------------------------------

If I'm reading your posts correctly, the consensus is that American women don't pack the gear and can't cut the mustard.

Perhaps we can improve the gender if we got into a discussion on why American women, as potential recruits, don't measure up to women who have historically served in other countries.

Is it genetic or cultural?

Now THAT's an interesting question!

wrbones
01-11-03, 08:54 PM
First Sergeant! Now there's a question fer consideration!

jakebrown1
01-11-03, 09:00 PM
I agree firstsgtmike. That is an interesting question. How do our women measure up against women from other countries, militarily speaking?

firstsgtmike
01-11-03, 09:20 PM
It's MY question. YOU answer it.

wrbones
01-11-03, 09:33 PM
Give me some time! LOL> I gotta think about that one a bit before I go shootin off my mouth.

Besides, I been busy ****in off left wing extremists...

The obvious answer is cultural. But I gotta figger on it fer a bit.

Joyce
01-12-03, 08:39 AM
Yes the answer is cultural. If you think about it, you aren't really describing a gender thing. In other countries, they don't have a draft. They just demand their men sign up. When they run out of men, they use kids. Women make new babies or they would use more of them. In china in the old times they used to kill the female babies if they had enough woman on the farm, go on to have more Sons to work the farm. In other countries the human life isn't revered like we do it here. The first clue is the fact we can choose for ourselves how we want our lives to be. I am only 5' 2". I weigh about 115 lbs. I joined the corps because my FATHER told me that he didn't want his daughters to rely on other people to do things for them in their lives. The same thing he would have told his Son if he had one. There lies the difference in our women. Do you know how many women around me think they just can't do it? Don't feel bad about sitting by the side of the road waiting for another person to fix a flat tire? Even in this day and age you can see a woman on her cell phone waiting next to the vehicle waiting!! As parents we are training our future soldiers. Theres an issue! I know my daughter isn't going to get married and hope he has a great carreer. She was really proud of her mother at school because I was the only Mother there not ashamed to drive a concrete truck for a living. A very good job without a college education. I make more money than most women my age who work as secretaries. Oh but how our society looks down on things to this day. My parents are still old fashioned to a bit. They were impressed I could be in the Marines and serve my country. They were dissapointed I was in the motor transport field. They were happy I am making a good living as a Concrete driver for a big company that pays for my medical insurance. The are disapointed that I am doing a "mans" job. Which as we all know.... If you want to make a mans wage, you probably should do the job!!

jakebrown1
01-12-03, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by firstsgtmike
It's MY question. YOU answer it.

I'm thinkin, I'm thinkin. :banana:

USMC0311
01-12-03, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Joyce
Yes the answer is cultural. If you think about it, you aren't really describing a gender thing. In other countries, they don't have a draft. They just demand their men sign up. When they run out of men, they use kids. Women make new babies or they would use more of them. In china in the old times they used to kill the female babies if they had enough woman on the farm, go on to have more Sons to work the farm. In other countries the human life isn't revered like we do it here. The first clue is the fact we can choose for ourselves how we want our lives to be. I am only 5' 2". I weigh about 115 lbs. I joined the corps because my FATHER told me that he didn't want his daughters to rely on other people to do things for them in their lives. The same thing he would have told his Son if he had one. There lies the difference in our women. Do you know how many women around me think they just can't do it? Don't feel bad about sitting by the side of the road waiting for another person to fix a flat tire? Even in this day and age you can see a woman on her cell phone waiting next to the vehicle waiting!! As parents we are training our future soldiers. Theres an issue! I know my daughter isn't going to get married and hope he has a great career. She was really proud of her mother at school because I was the only Mother there not ashamed to drive a concrete truck for a living. A very good job without a college education. I make more money than most women my age who work as secretaries. Oh but how our society looks down on things to this day. My parents are still old fashioned to a bit. They were impressed I could be in the Marines and serve my country. They were disappointed I was in the motor transport field. They were happy I am making a good living as a Concrete driver for a big company that pays for my medical insurance. The are disappointed that I am doing a "mans" job. Which as we all know.... If you want to make a mans wage, you probably should do the job!!

You are Unique Marine. As you stated, some women expect/wait for assistance, rather than being independent and as self-sufficient as possible. Also as you state. You are doing a "mans" job. I want to commend You Marine. You are also doing a "Womans" job, by taking care of and raising your off-spring with your values. I respect people like you for your courage, strength and persistence in the struggle of living a productive, useful life in these times where many people are perfectly happy to take advantage of others and Our/American welfare systems.

Independence is more than a State of Mind. It is also the Strength of Purpose and Personal Pride we Achieve from being a Productive Part Of Our Society.

Semper Fidelis, Marine

gold fish
01-13-03, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by wrbones
It was a troll question! Come on folks. Yer givin' 'im what he wants!

It was not a troll question. It was a question. And your right, they did give me what I asked for, opinions. Thank you everyone for sharing with me.

thedrifter
01-13-03, 12:13 PM
Joyce

I have to talk to my Sgt....You snuck in undeceted......LOL....

WELCOME ABOARD
Welcome Aboard to the Best Marine Site on the net. Also welcome to your home away from home................
We have a great crew of Marines in here from WW II to the present............
Throw your sea bag in a corner, pull up a footlocker, sit and chat awhile.........Get a chance stop over at the Slope Chute, Gary and I will buy you a few drinks........But watch out for Chesty.......likes his beer, only dog I found could open a beer can........LOL

"AGAIN WELCOME ABOARD."

Sempers,

Roger

leroy8541
01-13-03, 03:55 PM
Where were the firewatches and the duty Nco!!!

Joyce you have absolutely snuck right in, and fit like a glove another valuable asset to the company or should I say the regiment over 3500 members, welcome aboard I have enjoyed your posts. keep up the nice work I am looking forward to reading more of your posts marine. I see you have already stowed your gear grabbed a beer and met chesty in the shute I think we have a water walker here.

Joyce
01-13-03, 05:00 PM
Well thanks. Just couldn't pass up the chance to voice my 2 cents worth. Can't let everyone else have all the fun, now can we?!!
Yep my gear is stored, chesty likes his belly scratched, (and I know how), and what is a water walker? I have been out for a while....lol

Barrio_rat
01-13-03, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by leroy8541
...another valuable asset to the company or should I say the regiment over 3500 members...

Regiment? I thought this was a MAG unit?

Hey Bones... they been lyin to us again!

Hahahahahaha

mrbsox
01-13-03, 05:44 PM
Maybe were a reinforced BLT....

With wings along to take up space on the Hanger Deck :banana: :banana:

JChristin
01-25-03, 01:07 PM
I think it's ridiculous to have men in the finest branch of the military. Look at what they have done: The War of Independence, The War of 1812, The War between the States, The Great War, World War II, Korea, Vietnam... to name a few. Now, who do you suppose caused these conficts? Who do you think where the primary fighters in these wars? Who did the planning and excution of orders? uhmmm... from what I have read in my history books it was men. Who wrote most of the books I read in school? uhmmmm... must of been,,,oh no...not again...men!

Men are so much fun to observe. They even write about themselves and name themselves as the ones who just can never get it right the first time; let alone any of the time. But most of them are not at fault, they just seem to be born that way. Naturally incapable of developing a manner of living that requires honesty.

Sounds like you poor boys have had a tough go of things, especially since man ever first declared war against who? Himself!

I think it's about time that the fewer and the prouder step in and clean up the mess. Woman appear throughout all of history to be cleaning up the mess created by who? Men!

If any of you poorly informed male Marines out there think you area a challenge for this old Woman Marine. GOOD LUCK. WISHFUL THINKING. Go read your history.

Semper fi

Earle Comstock
01-25-03, 01:18 PM
Ok , so there is a use for you women . Grab a bucket and mop and get started .:p

Barrio_rat
01-25-03, 04:54 PM
True there, Earle. Maybe the Marines should do like the Army and Air Force and have co-ed Boot Camp. I know we could never get the squad bay cleaned right. Maybe we just needed some women to swab the deck and wash the cammies. Would give the male recruits time to clean their weapons properly. ;)

wrbones
01-25-03, 05:33 PM
Regiment? Damn! We get to go hikin and campin and get paid for ti! OOOO-RAH!

No more 20 hour days of living and eatin in greasy, grimy uniforms and coveralls!

Yeah! I like it!

I ain't pickin' on that woman Marine! What? Ya think I'm crazy! LOL.

Barrio_rat
01-25-03, 05:50 PM
BAWK BAWK BAWK....

Hahahahahahaha

leroy8541
02-04-03, 06:51 PM
yep, she bites !!! just kidding J!!!!

JChristin
02-06-03, 02:55 AM
[
Cpl Commie:rambo: Kill A Commie For Mommy :rambo: [/B]

Don't kill a "commie" for this mommy! This mommy will kill her own commie! Trained like ANY OTHER MARINE and ready to fire her own M16A2.

There are many male Marines I have meant over the years that I would "sutter" at the thought of sending to the front lines. There are some women Marines I wouldn't want to serve with on the front lines neither. But then again, there are a few good male Marines and a lot more female Marines I would trust to watch me back and spend any amount of time with, under any condition to meet any circumstance - on the front lines of war or at home - and feel good.

The finest military branch of the world, nay, of all recorded history, will change. Sixty years ago women serving in the Marine Corps didn't even attend boot camp. They weren't even called Marines. Marinettes! Oh please. Times have changed and so has the United States Marine Corps. As men become better endowed (intellectually) and their false sense of what it takes to be "macho" changes; and it is no longer regarded as "manly" to put down another person down due to their gender in order to build their own identity up, that will be a grand day indeed. But it takes a man who is secure within himself to admit that. Not some chicken $hit who is so insecure within himself that all he can do is to tear down women and other minorities in order to feel superior about himself.

In these forums, I read a few of my fellow Marines expressing themselves so well and fluently. It upgrades my faith in male Marines. Others, well, as long as there is breath in the body there is always hope! There is always a 12 step group for those who have the natural inability to be honest with themselves.

Semper Fi:marine:

JChristin
02-06-03, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by leroy8541
yep, she bites !!! just kidding J!!!!

Nope. She kills, like she was trained to do.

Leroy, you are one cool Devil Dog. And SMART TOO!

Semper Fi
J:marine:

Barndog
02-06-03, 03:10 AM
Very Well put, Ms Christin. Sometimes it takes the bigger person to really take a long hard look inside - and yet from that emerges another person. Deep down, the same basic person is still there, just redefined.

1951, I believe the first female Sergeant Major in the Marine Corps was promoted to that rank.
I believe my Father was a buck Sergeant or Tech (Staff Sergeant) going into his second tour in Korea.

What was that song Don Henley did a couple years back 'Get Over It' - I think you hit it right on the ball girlfriend. LOL - sometimes............ I stopped looking at what motivates others and looked in my own house. Then I started to grow up.

Semper Fidelis

Earle Comstock
02-06-03, 03:28 AM
If it wasn't for the mommies of this world the Marine Corp would be a better place in general . Don't yell at my baby , your being to mean to my baby's . So don't try and feed me any of that sugar...

JChristin
02-06-03, 04:17 AM
I'm tired of hearing that sh it . This has nothing to do with masculinity or your 12 step programs or any crap like that .
What it has to do with is a mother being a mother , and her natural instincts . Its just natural that she doesn't want her baby hurt or treated in a manner in which she feels him or her is belittled or mean in any way . . I think you are reading way to much into this because of the fact that you are a woman and you feel threatened by my saying in some way .

I mean no offense to you in anyway and if you can't take the kidding around then go find a support group for battered women .
..., but were you a Marine or were you in the Army .

I don't feel good about having a grenade thrown at me and I did not see it coming , she did , would she jump on it ? I would have , and I wouldnt have even had a second thought .

If you were in the Corp with guys you couldn't trust , blame the MOMMIES !

P.S. JChristin , I am proud of the fact that you were in my Marine Corps , and let me say 1 more time , I meant in no way to offend you Marine . My opinions are mine and mine only .

Gee, Earle, have you considered "anger" therapy? I mean no disrespect Earle. You are afterall, a brother Marine. We're here to help and to serve.

My darling ex-husband has completed "anger" therapy and is now married to a nice sweet girl from one of those southern states. Our teenage sons visit their daddy once every few months. They area amazed at the transformation in their father, and greatfull too! He no longer belittles women in any regressive forms. I nearly sent the poor chap to the other side of heaven once, due to his out of control belittlement of women. We are all so greatful for the benefits of anger counseling for this once nice Marine.

Check your local yellow pages for a mental health clinic nearby. There must be one that can be of help. Or, check out the local Vet Hospital.

My nickname from boot was "Hawkeye Harv" due to my extra strong vision. Isn't it amazing that those silly nicknames earned somewhere along the line during our youth seems to stick with us! You sound like a Marine I would like on my side of the fighting lines. Just need to rework some of that **** poor attitude of yours, thats all. By the way Earle, I would place myself in harms way to save the lifes of any of my fellow Marines - as I would for you.

Semper FI
JChristin
:marine:

Barndog
02-06-03, 04:38 AM
No disrespect to either of you - implied nor intended. (just to clarify up front)

I like a good heated, personal discussion. The problem is, the ones you may know who really need it, run away all p***ed off at the mere mention it. Which defines a couple of central issues: denial, or inability to cope with reality of emotions.

I know I'm AFU from time to time and I freely admit it. Not only from ADHD - but as well from my own addictions and the tribulations of my own emotional trauma. The near 17 year anniversary of my Son's death from cancer, and my diagnosis of RA - has led me to secure his medical file - in order to investigate a possible genetic link between the 2.

If we can help someone out of it, then I think it's worth the time and effort. And hell yes it's gonna hurt all over again - I've been through plenty of therapy and pain since.

But I still may be able to get help for someone and maybe myself, and my Daughter also - for future references. That's what matters.

And, I'd still dive on the grenade if any of ya happened to be lookin the other way. Right now.

Semper Fidelis

firstsgtmike
02-06-03, 04:45 AM
JChristin

I'm relieved to see that you feel there is still hope for us male Marines. It's nice to see light at the end of the tunnel.

Gender aside. I have never put anyone down. I want to build them up, proclaim them as the second greatest thing since they put holes in donuts. Second? Yes. Because I am the greatest.

I've never understood why someone would spend an hour putting someone else down, and proclaiming themselves better. I want to build you up, proclaim you as the world's second greatest, second only to me.

I let other people brag about being one step higher than someone they have labeled as a dog turd. I can't reach that low.

One of the problems inf being close to perfection is that it's lonely up here. Don't you agree?

Semper Fi

Earle Comstock
02-06-03, 04:47 AM
well I guess I did hurt your feelings , and again I will apologize . For what I don't know but you did say you were a Marine , enough said . There is alot of sh*t talking in here , to me its just like I was in the Corps . I will say again though that women have no business in the infantry .
I am not the only male Marine that feels this way , and because I have an opinion that I feel strongly about you feel I need anger management . You do feel like a battered woman , me I prefer mine plain . I think you are the one who needs the help there Hawkeye Harv . I have a good woman , she has a teenage son , he's 16 . He's thinking already about the military . Hasn't made up his mind and there is no pressure . Of course I would like him to be a Marine , but thats his choice , and we will be proud of him for whatever he chooses in life .
One of my biggest reasons for not having women in the Infantry is because of a mans natural instinct . To protect and go to the aid of a woman if wounded or hurt during battle and letting his guard down , putting him and his squad in danger . There are quite a few more reasons than that , but that is one of my biggest reasons .
The way I feel , is the way I feel . You nor anyone else can change that .
You may want to go back to the beginning of this post and start from the beginning . Read each one and try to understand what we are trying to say . I know your not stupid , so if you read this with an open mind , you just may understand me a little better .
And for christ sakes don't take this sh it personal .:marine:

leroy8541
02-06-03, 04:48 AM
oh yeah!! the goon plattoon, tank bustin muthas from the glorious basstard battalion!! or was that 2/4? Earle with all due respect to Hawkeye Mary, I mean Harv, stay away from those anger management classes they are a bunch of liberal pu$$ies trying to make the world a calmer safer place by brain washing your a$$!! Just what we need in this world, a bunch of flower smellin men, got enough of those already!! just my two cents worth. Now I gotta go wash the dishes, and put some clothes in the dryer, or my wife is gonna kick my butt. S.F.

Earle Comstock
02-06-03, 04:58 AM
Oh yea , well at least mine don't tell me what to do Leroy , I'll do them fvcking dishes anyway I want to .

JChristin
02-06-03, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by firstsgtmike
JChristin

I'm relieved to see that you feel there is still hope for us male Marines. It's nice to see light at the end of the tunnel.

One of the problems in being close to perfection is that it's lonely up here. Don't you agree?

Semper Fi

First Sgt. Mike and everyone else:

I guess it's my turn to take a bite out of that big $hit sandwich and I stand humble in front of all you, asking for everyone's forgiveness if I have truly offended.

Semper Fi,
JChristin

"JUMP"
Go Ahead, "JUMP."
"JUMP INTO THE POOL OF LIFE.
HE WHO LEARNS TO SWIM, LIVES.
HE WHO DROWNS,
WELL, BETTER LUCK NEXT LIFE."

Earle Comstock
02-06-03, 05:08 AM
You have not offended , you too have the right to feel the way you do , and NO-ONE can take that from you .
Hell , my parents said I could be anything I wanted to be when I grow up . I wanted to be an as*hole , don't you agree ?
Just loosen up a little , lifes to short , besides I love a battle of wits .

JChristin
02-06-03, 05:16 AM
But not one of you men can change my mind that women are just as equal to the task as you are - if not just 10% better. The horses hair I'll be if someone uses the lame excuse of seeing a "woman" injured during combat. That would be witnessing a Marine being injured during combat. Any Marine being injured during combat is gonna affect me in one form or another. Even if I put off "doing" the "emotions" until later. Oh darn, just broke my nail.

I have faith in all of you. Afterall, who does dishwashing and taking the trash out than you guys? You all seem to have a natural talent for that sort of thing. I trained my ex-husband and raised both my sons along those lines. Uhmmm, we women sure seem to get you guys to do what we want...and we handle stress better too!

Semper fi
JChristin

leroy8541
02-06-03, 05:37 AM
I'm not offended J, I love this shiite!! keep it coming makes the day more bearable. I remember the days of the old argument creation or evolution, just to take the monotany out of the day and to create a good shiite storm. Nobody really gives a fvck about the outcome of this there is never going to be a clear "winner" I as a Marine as well as yourself, whom I admire and adore with that 3" thick cranium just like a good "fight", and in the battle might just learn a little, be it with words or fists.
Never eat a shiite sandwich, and stand humble in front of no one except god almighty, whom in my mind is a monkey!! creation or evolution maybe both. apology not accepted Marine now get your gloves back out and stand your ground.
This attitude of mine has earned me 2 black belts in martial arts and several butt whippings. I have been beat bloody, but never whipped in spirit!! Thats what makes us Marines!! Who ever is offended or got thier "feelings" hurt should just leave them in the car. or not read. Semper Fi Marine now carry on!!

wrbones
02-06-03, 05:45 AM
Well, I'm glad you folks have kissed and made up. You notice of course that the person who posted this hasn't been back? I understand some trolls have been known to do that.....

Pay attention folks! LOL.

It's an interesting topic, but mayhap you might consider the fact that I don't smell like flowers here. On the other hand, Miss Rumble doesn't like Old Spice,...anyone have any suggestions? :D

Barndog
02-06-03, 06:28 AM
You know what else strikes me.......

That people who have NOT been in the military say WE'VE been brainwashed??

I object strongly.

Semper Fidelis

Barndog
02-06-03, 06:32 AM
My point is:

I don't care what sex ya are - if you can do the job - do the job. Sexism is just like racism - it's IGNORANCE.

firstsgtmike
02-06-03, 06:57 AM
#1. My mistake was that I didn't heed my own advice and refresh my browser so that my response would immediately follow the post I was referring to.

#2. I'm not sure, in this context what a "troll" is. However, following this thread, I'm glad he tossed the grenade.

I read what JChristian, Earle, and Barndog have to say, and I see things getting worked out and people thinking that would have never happened if the grenade hadn't been tossed.

JChristian, if I had refreshed first, and posted accordingly, no apology from you would have been appropriate.

If we take My misplaced post, and your apology to it out, this would be a GREAT exchange of valid ideas.

The fault was mine. Not yours.

And thank you, troll.

Rob Parry
02-06-03, 08:44 AM
I've come to this discussion rather late in the day, so bear with me if some of this is ancient history. Capt 'Pip' Tattersall passed the All Arms Commando course last year. That's an abbreviated course which is intended to qualify the non Royal Marine, Army and Navy ranks, (which serve alongside the Royal Marines in our integrated units), to do so without any prejudice. they have to complete the Commando Endurance tests in the same times as the Marine recruits, and are then awarded the coveted Green Beret.
Capt T. may serve in the command and logistics structure, which is her job, but never in a front line unit, which is the UK policy.
Many former Royal Marines were very opposed to this lady attempting and then passing the course. I pointed out to these old silverbacks, if she passed the course, as required, there is a job she can do and she's welcome to do it. However, I would not like to fight alongside a woman, I'd be distracted due to an innate duty of care, just as I would if I'd been asked to have a war correspondent accompany me. My attention would be divided, unnecessarily so.

Shot over.......Shot out...:bandit:

JChristin
02-06-03, 01:06 PM
I remember the very first hour upon arrival at PISC. Those monster DI's explained to us, after scaring us to within one half of an inch of our lifes when they told us to get off "their" bus and to stand on line, that we were about to experience a "brainwashing." My brain was so badly in need of some soap and water I was glad to have shown up! (looking back)

That same "brainwashing" also included cleaning away the cobbwebs and replaced them with self-confidence, self-assurance, and pride to be an American.

Once the soap suds cleared away, I knew what honor, courage, and committment represented. I was empowered to stand tall (at 5'10" I'm already stand tall) with pride as one of the fewer and the prouder. A since of accomplishment achieved. If I had a daughter, I could only wish the same for her.

As a result of the "brainwashing" at Parris Island, that lovely resort, I have become a "fisety" character with the ability to think fast on me feet and take whatever action may be necessary. Thank you USMC for the brainwashing. But that soap sure is strong!

Semper Fi

JChristin
02-06-03, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Barndog
My point is:

I don't care what sex ya are - if you can do the job - do the job. Sexism is just like racism - it's IGNORANCE.

Praise the lord almighty! Thank you.

If anyone has the inability to keep their focus on the front lines in the first place, they shouldn't be there. That inability to concentrate on the task at hand - regardless to the reason given - could cost the lives of other Marines.

I promise not to show up at the front lines in a mini wearing an bikini top with a pair of black 4-inch high heels, as long as no guys show up wearing only a jock strap (stuffed or otherwise). Just keep your concentration on the task at hand and shoot at those left-wing no good sons-of-witching news reporters and watch them dance for us.

Its the news reporters and other sexist sons-of- a - *****e$ that need a brainwashing. I support starting it with the end of an enema stick - the old fashion way. Turnip Day is a good day to start. Anyone know when Turnip Day is?

Semper Fi
JChristin:marine:

Earle Comstock
02-06-03, 01:47 PM
I still say the women should be in the rear somewhere cooking my food or doing my dishes . So I just got 1 more thing to say , GET BUSY _ITCH !:D

JChristin
02-06-03, 02:23 PM
Earle, you are so special. I am so much like you, only in reverse. I taught my ex-husband how to make bread, rolls, deserts, and of course, good food. He cleaned house - daily, made the bed and washed and iron my clothes. Then he neatly folded them or hang them up in the closet - according to color. He also arranged all my shoes neatly and keep my boots polished. Whenever I traveled, he always asked me what I wanted packed and then he packed my clothes nicely for me.

So, while you're sending the other women to the rear - my ex is waiting there to caught them and then spoil them just like he did me. Oh, he was a "smooth" operator alright. Notice the term: ex.

Semper Fi Devil Dogs
JChristin

The measure of a person's
real character is:

"What they would do
if they knew
they would never
be found out!"

Rob Parry
02-06-03, 02:25 PM
Earle, when the time comes for your colostomy bag to be fitted or your prostate needs a tweak I really hope you get one of those home coming queen, girly dipstick surgeons. But knowing your luck, he'll be called Simon, have a little pied a terre in the 'village' and just didn't you know it, no one has dusted in here for ever! Enjoy.

Barndog
02-06-03, 04:50 PM
Yeah, as i sit here with my 16 year old Daughter reading these.....
she sees the character, Honor, Respect and Integrity.. not only from all of You, but from Her Father also. It's transcendent.

I learned to cook, sew, and iron, wash dishes (I do the dishes, and my wife does the cooking - it's a team thing.. I think we all know the concept)

Yeah Earle, you scroungy old f**K. I'd even kiss ya after I showered ya, changin yer colostomy bag.

It's whats important that matters, ain't it? The rest isn't relevant.

Semper Fidelis

Barndog and Baby BD

firstsgtmike
02-06-03, 05:19 PM
I learned something.

I sit with my kids, watching their tv, and teaching them from it.

I put on DVDs or the VCR and make portions of it a learning session for them.

I never thought to use these postings, which are more real and more alive than anything that can be found on TV, DVDs or the VCR as supplemental training aids.

Thank you, Barndog.

wrbones
02-06-03, 06:30 PM
Don't worry about it First Sergeant! Readin the posts here every day, I have at least one "DUH!" moment on a daily basis...or is that "DOH!" LOL. I'm learnin' somethin' every day from all of you folks! Usually it goes something like this "Oh, ****! Why didn't I think of that!" or "Man, I never thought of looking at it that way before!" Keep educatin' me! I need all the help I can get! :D

This isn't one of those online colleges is it? :D

greensideout
02-06-03, 09:03 PM
JChristin,

You keep coming at us (men), nipping at our butts like a little yapping dog.

You commend us for being gentlemen and I thank you for that. If we were any sweeter you would have to check to see if we had any gonads.

You however, rather then being ladylike seem to want to emulate the masculine image by using the verbiage of a drunken sailor or sober marine.

I task you to explain your view that many were killed in war because the wars were lead by men.

I can think of one war that was lead by a woman.
Joan of Ark leading the men into battle bare breasted. (At least in the painting). Looked motivating to me but that is the only part of the battle scene that I can remember which makes a good case for some of the views of women in combat made by others here.

If women should be the leaders in war so that less lives will be lost, what are they going to do that is different?

You have criticized. It's time now to give your plan to do it better.

Let's call it, "The plan of the Fewer".

Semper Fi
(Keep the streets clean).

leroy8541
02-06-03, 09:48 PM
yes, I would like to know the answer to greensides question too, what would women do in a combat situation, in a leadership role,say squad leader that would save more lives than a man? would a female squad leader make better decisions than her male counterpart? would the adolescent male corporals be more apt to obey the orders of a female sgt. in a firefight? what would a female squad leader bring to the table in discipline techniques? a pen of course! the testosterone level in the grunts is very important I as a squad leader would never ask my troops to do something i could not do myself. females do not even have the same pft as the males do. my preferred disciplinary measures were pretty harsh by todays standards, but I never ruined a Marines career with a pen. JChristian has stated that at her heighth and body building skills she could take out a man in a half second, her height is 5'10" I am guessing body weight at at most 145lbs. the avg. height of 0311's is 5'11" 170 lbs 95% run a 1st class pft. most are very proficient in combative hand to hand skills and are wrestlers or have some knowlege of martial arts this part is my opinion I cannot find the facts I say maybe 10% of all the women in the corp can achieve a 3rd class pft by male standards less than 1%could do a first class maybe 1 out of 1000 could do a 300. I say if there will be female grunts let there be equal pfts and bodyfat percentages.

Earle Comstock
02-07-03, 12:56 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JChristin
[B]Earle, you are so special. I am so much like you, only in reverse. I taught my ex-husband how to make bread, rolls, deserts, and of course, good food. He cleaned house - daily, made the bed and washed and iron my clothes. Then he neatly folded them or hang them up in the closet - according to color. He also arranged all my shoes neatly and keep my boots polished. Whenever I traveled, he always asked me what I wanted packed and then he packed my clothes nicely for me.

You and I are the same for the fact that we both talk sh*t and don't back down if we think we are right in our beliefs .
You can't change my mind and I'm not going to try and change yours .
I am a big sh*t talker and like to get things started from time to time . I do not ever try to disrespect my ole lady , and she treats me the same . I help her with the dishes , I share in the laundry , the garbage , the Lawn etc. , etc . She is my best friend , the love of my life . I talk sh*t to her , she gives it right back . I love the relationship we have and would not trade that for all the money in the world .
She knows why I do things a certain way , Marine Corps Pride .
She accepts that and knows when I am in a bad mood , to give me time and space . I also know when she's having a bad day and I give her the respect that she is do . We do these things for each other because we love one another . She was not in the service and I am greatly appreciative of that , but then again I don't think it would change the kind of person that she is .
She was in the forestry service for years . She can handle a chainsaw better than any man I have ever seen . She planted trees , fought forest fires and all the other things these people do , and was one of the best at it .
She is also a hunter , she can kill a deer , skin it , reach in and grab its heart out , and not phase her in the least . But last week when I got into my motorcycle wreck and she seen my lip hanging from my nose , she puked . I asked her what the fvck that was all about , you can kill a deer , skin it and pull out its heart and your ok with that , but you look at my nose and lip and you puke . She say's I'm going to eat that deer , I love you ! She says that the Marines made me one tough motherfvcker . She says my lip is seperated from my nose , she's trying to get me to go to the hospital and the only thing I kept saying is I aint going to the hospital , just give me a cup of coffee and a cigarette , I'll be ok . I told her that what I learned in the Corp was that if I was breathing I was ok . That was the first time I ever seen her like that . That hurt me to see her that distraught over me , I hurt my baby , so I got into the car and let her take me to the hospital .
I don't know if this makes a difference , but she is 5'7" about 130lbs , and a mighty fine 40 year old might I add .
Now , there jchristin , do you understand ?

JChristin
02-07-03, 01:39 AM
I just love Marines. Most members of my family are Marines. Since I never knew them growing up, as a matter of fact, never meet them until a year ago, I find it amazing that the Marine Corps is like any other "genetic order" that runs in families.

Leroy wrote: "would the adolescent male corporals be more apt to obey the orders of a female sgt."

Very good question. Of course. When I attended university I also worked for the Department of State Lands in Emerency Forest Fire Fighting. I often found myself giving orders to men, even in situations I had no previous training. All I had to fall back upon was common sense and luck. Yet I delivered my directions with assurance and confidence. Never once did I have a man second guess my directives - not once. I had their respect and that is something of more value to have than any other asset. They relied upon me without fail for direction and direction they were given. When a forest fire runs you over, it is a power far greater than one's self, and they counted on me. I never failed in my duty.

Why do you think I have the advantage of being so "cocky" with all of you! None of you intimidate me. You guys make me think on my toes. For that I am greatfull. Most men would never challenge me. They know better. But you guys dont, I enjoy that.

I know who I am, where I have been, and where I am going. The Marine Corps instill in me the ability to ask good questions, to follow orders, and to be a member of a team. By others demonstration of leadership, I have been able to lead effectively with assurance and courage. The best of the best taught me well.

I am just as equal to the task as any man - or other woman. Afterall, it isn't one's size, but what you know and how you use it that matters in the final analysis. (I'm sure most you guys would have to agree to that one!)

The Marine Corps taught me how to be an adult woman; how to drink and talk like a truck driver; how to position myself to guard against intruders; to demonstrate courage even when fearful; to place one foot out infront of the other in the deepest darkness and not turn back; to keep my eyes opened and ears tuned to sounds; and to behave in a manner fitting to the environment. I am a woman who has confidence and assurance in my abilities to go anywhere at anytime, under any condition and to meet any cause. I may not know the answers, but I sure can develop questions that will point me in the right direction to get the answers I need. If time is of the essence, I will know exactly what the right thing to do is and then do it. Period. End of Statement.

Semper Fi
JChristin

Earle Comstock
02-07-03, 02:15 AM
Hey , guess what , I'm back , like a bad case of the crabs , I'm back .
I guess I just have a problem working for a woman . I guess I just never had a job where I had to have them as bosses . Now don't get me wrong , there have been A few in my life that I wouldn't have minded taking orders from . Like , I wouldn't mind a few of them telling me , "Get naked , and I mean right now , or I'll spank your as* ." Or, pull that out right now and let me have a taste . Or , eat that you bast*rd or I'll pull your ears off .

But seriously , I have never been in that situation and Its not likely that I will.
The only one that I will take orders from is my mother . My ole lady asks me to do things and I ask her . We do things for each other without being asked also , because we love each other .
By the way , we've been together for 10 years , come March . And I love her more today than I did almost 10 years ago .

JChristin
02-07-03, 02:17 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by greensideout
[B]JChristin,

Uhmm, got you men going and thinking...time of challenge...wake up! You guys are all sooo cute![/COLOR]

You commend us for being gentlemen and I thank you for that. If we were any sweeter you would have to check to see if we had any gonads.

COLOR=blue]I'll take your word you have what is needed.[/COLOR]

You however, rather then being ladylike seem to want to emulate the masculine image by using the verbiage of a drunken sailor or sober marine.

I task you to explain your view that many were killed in war because the wars were lead by men.

Joan of Ark leading the men into battle bare breasted. (At least in the painting). Looked motivating to me but that is the only part of the battle scene that I can remember which makes a good case for some of the views of women in combat made by others here.

GLOW=blue]Is this a deep seeded desire, to be lead into war by a bare breasted woman? I ain't leading no one into war with my breasts hanging out. But then again, after a few stiff whiskeys...[/GLOW]

If women should be the leaders in war so that less lives will be lost, what are they going to do that is different?

GLOW] This is an excellant question. A question that deserves its own podium and much more space than this web site offers. But lets just start this off with this: EGO. Although we all have an "EGO," women are less incline to make decisions based upon self than those who are feed a daily ration of testronstrone. We can be just as aggressive and assertive as a man. Women handle stress differently. I remain calm during the storm. It's not until long afterwards that I let me hair down and relax. But look at how many of you guys it's taken to develop the courage necessary to start to question this lone woman Marine. Think about it. In numbers you develop strength. I stand at my post alone, indebted to no one and am holding my own against all of you.

But I sure like all of you. I would be proud to serve with any of you anytime. It must be that "I could give a $hit" outlook we seem to carry.

JChristin
02-07-03, 02:23 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by greensideout
[B]JChristin,

Uhmm, got you men going and thinking...time of challenge...wake up! You guys are all sooo cute![/COLOR]

COLOR=blue]I'll take your word you have what is needed.[/COLOR]

GLOW=blue]Is this a deep seeded desire, to be lead into war by a bare breasted woman? I ain't leading no one into war with my breasts hanging out. But then again, after a few stiff whiskeys...[/GLOW]

GLOW] This is an excellant question. A question that deserves its own podium and much more space than this web site offers. But lets just start this off with this: EGO. Although we all have an "EGO," women are less incline to make decisions based upon self than those who are feed a daily ration of testronstrone. We can be just as aggressive and assertive as a man. Women handle stress differently. I remain calm during the storm. It's not until long afterwards that I let me hair down and relax. But look at how many of you guys it's taken to develop the courage necessary to start to question this lone woman Marine. Think about it. In numbers you develop strength. I stand at my post alone, indebted to no one and am holding my own against all of you.

But I sure like all of you. I would be proud to serve with any of you anytime. It must be that "I could give a $hit" outlook we seem to carry.

Barrio_rat
02-07-03, 02:37 AM
Is this the part when we say something to the effect of... "just like a woman to go and repeat herself... nag nag nag" ;)

Keep up the good work there JChristin, yer doin very well. Perhaps it's that most men - okay, many men - on this site are enjoying what you have to say or, at least, enjoy watching you stand up for yourself and Female Marines in general.

Gotta say, for someone from the evil wet side of the state - not to mention the 'state' of portland itself - yer alright!

Semper Fi!

P.S. Have worked with and for Female Sgt's and Lt's, even a Capt - Some are good, some aren't - never had a problem with the ones who had the brain power to do the job and would trust me to do mine.

JChristin
02-07-03, 04:24 AM
Gotta say, for someone from the evil wet side of the state - not to mention the 'state' of portland itself - yer alright!

Semper Fi!

P.S. Have worked with and for Female Sgt's and Lt's, even a Capt - Some are good, some aren't - never had a problem with the ones who had the brain power to do the job and would trust me to do mine. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the words of encouragement from my favorite area of the greatest state in the union. Use to live in Eastern Oregon. Had a ranch near Palmers Junction (north of Elgin) and another place west of Baker City, up in good old Washington Gulch. Sure miss living out in God's country. Can't stand Portland. Too many people. Car's on the freeways around here remind me of a much of ants, all trying to crawl over you, aiming pointlessly towards no where, moving and zipping around with no logic, never leaving space between you and them. They all seem to want to kiss the back end of my pickup. Oh gee, its just a mess.

You are so right about some are good, other are not. I find that applies equally to men and to women. Common sense and having the ability and strength to do that which is right, even when it may not be the most popular thing to do, especially in the face of opposition from those you trust and depend upon, yet you know it is the right thing to do. That is what I admire about a person.

Your fantastic!

Semper Fi
JChristin

:banana:

Rob Parry
02-07-03, 04:59 AM
Boys, boys, boys, calm down. long before sexual discrimination and rednecks were invented there was a lady called Bodicea. Queen of Britain, who fought and defeated Roman armies. Now I reckon she would put the frighteners on anybody, yes even Earle.:bandit:

Earle Comstock
02-07-03, 12:01 PM
She'd have to kill me !

Rob Parry
02-07-03, 12:08 PM
She would have done Earle, she's the lady who invented sword blades attached to the axles of her chariot.
Yeeeehah! Thars anuther wun, let's git him girls!

Earle Comstock
02-07-03, 12:13 PM
She better have got to me before I got to her !

JChristin
02-07-03, 12:43 PM
She better have got to me before I got to her !

She would.

She was the prerunner to what is known today as a woman Marine! OOH RAH!

Earle, you are so cool, for a male Marine. Hardheaded Jarhead Marine you be. You asked, "do you understand be better now?" I have understood you all along. You're alright.

JChristin

Rob Parry
02-07-03, 12:46 PM
OK children! Group Hug, mwah mwah, isn't that better.

Earle Comstock
02-07-03, 12:47 PM
No she would not have gotten me first , I am a male Marine .
I think that say's it all .

And to you Mr. Parry , what can I say , you defend those women well . But then again , what can I expect from a man that protects the Queen . The next thing you'll tell me is that you are wearing a dress and prefer to be called Bi tch . The only good thing that ever came out of your country was Benny Hill . Now before you go running out of here back to your mommy our Queen , remember Mr. Parry , YOU brought it to me . I'm ready , locked and loaded !

To you JChristin , I have found a new friend .
Thank you

Rob Parry
02-07-03, 12:55 PM
I don't believe it, they kiss and make up then the dummy smacks her around the head when she turns away! Wise up Earle, she's female, they run things, we only think we do, honest I'm not yanking your chain, she's in control it's just that we don't know it yet. Doh...........

I've got to go and cook dinner, bye y'all.

Earle Comstock
02-07-03, 01:01 PM
And another thing Mr. Parry I have never blind sided anyone . I am a man , and a man of my word . The only way that I'll hit anyone in the back of the head is when you turn yours as I'm bitc h slapping YOU .

Barrio_rat
02-07-03, 01:24 PM
... The only good thing that ever came out of your country was Benny Hill ...

Now hold on... While I'm no great fan of England or the UK - currently they are an ally and one of our greatest supporters, especially within the military ranks ...

Benny Hill is a great thing to come out of England but let's not forget - Monty Python, The Young Ones (great show!), Iron Maiden, Def Leperd, Black Sabbath and Ozzy Osbourne. For some of you old timers, I'm sure the Rolling Stones are among your favorites and let's not forget The Who - who? LOL yeah, beat ya to it! So the English don't do too well with country music - so what, if they did, then they'd be called the USA! LOL

P.S. No, I didn't forget the Beatles - I'm just not a fan. ;)

Hey, and Bass Dark is a pretty damn good beer!

thedrifter
02-07-03, 01:30 PM
WE DON'T TOLERATE PERSONAL ATTACKS ON MEMBERS...........TAKE IT TO PM'S AND/OR E-MAILS......IF IT CONTINUES APPROPRIATE ACTION WILL BE TAKEN.....

Sempers,

Roger

Barrio_rat
02-07-03, 01:39 PM
Okay, Drifter... I won't bring up the inability of the English to play country music any more, I promise.

;)

Earle Comstock
02-07-03, 01:41 PM
Well Roger , sorry you feel that was a personal attack , but I ain't takin no sh it from him either . If he wants to play , I can play , but he should have just left me out of it . JChristin and myself were doing just fine . Wanted to get my point across , and by your response I did . After all I am a UNITED STATES MARINE , nothing else needs to be said .
Sorry Roger

Earle Comstock
02-07-03, 01:44 PM
Ya gotta admit it sure is fun , and I know you wanna see him prancing around in his dress .

Rob Parry
02-07-03, 02:52 PM
Got a big hat Earle?

JChristin
02-07-03, 04:32 PM
England is one of the greatest countries I can think of. Being a proud and true blue Amercian, it can be difficult to choke away the pride and admit, hey, there are a few good countries around. England certainly heads the list. When I read about all they have contributed to the advancement of human kind, I am impressed.

I think good ol'Earle is just all up-in-arms at finally figuring out that women really have much more control than he thought. But we're much more "silent" in our approach. That is why many men can't figure us out. That is why we would totally confuse the "other" side if we were to be the leaders of the next wars. Being clever is just part of the battle. However, it certainly would save more lives too.

When I read about Winston Churchill and his relationship with our country, especially during WWII, I am impressed. The willingness of the British to go to any length before we joined them in the war efforts is amazing. What courage, what strength, what fortitude the British deplayed to the world. The Royal Marines always stood proud and served their country and the world well.

May God Almighty Save HM The Queen
and Charles too!

Semper Fi
JChristin

Earle Comstock
02-07-03, 06:50 PM
Not as big as yours there MR. Parry .

FREDDY
02-07-03, 07:12 PM
It's all good but we should take a lesson from the russians during WW2 they had the females on the front lines and when they bought it i.e. caught a bullet the male soliders would stand around the body almost in shock which was somewhat different when a male solider were shot sorry but comstock is right.
I dont think most of use really want to see a female shot to hell.
unless of course she is shooting at you.
later bro's

leroy8541
02-07-03, 08:18 PM
pick-up, now i understand 4x4 or 2wheel drive i bet its a 4x4 the toughest creature on earth, a wm redneck J Christin do you have any tatoos?

does this look like fun this is the redneck on a datewoot woot

leroy8541
02-07-03, 08:24 PM
here it is, my pics are too big. seein if this works.

greensideout
02-07-03, 08:28 PM
JChristin,

The debate has been fun. It was nice to get to know you.

We all of course, are a product of our learning and environment.
When I was growing up the "girls" could only play half court basketball---and on and on. Now the "girls" work out with weights and play the full court. Can you imagine? lol

So as the world of men has changed from "leadership" to sharing the tasks that only men did before, we must accept change.
Time will of course take care of it as we our sent to guard the gates of heaven or hell.

I have a wonderful wife of nearly 40 years of marriage and we have raised three daughters whom have all exceeded their old dad many years ago in every aspect of life.

What can I say? They learned well from an old marine and a marine's great wife, their mom.

You're a tough young lady with a heart of marine gold!

I hope that you make the police team there if that's what you want. You will be an asset to the force.

Semper Fi
(keep the streets clean)