PDA

View Full Version : Ive Lost All Moto

Midnightsoul
08-13-06, 03:39 AM
Well after a year or so of waiting for boot camp and being delayed and delayed again, I find out 2 days before I leave that I can't do two dead arm pull-ups, so I can't go. Ive lost all motivation. I feel like I have failed myself and the Corps and I don't know what I can do anymore.

I have worked my ass off, ive been running to get my run time down to about 11 minutes, i can do almost 100 crunchs, but the only thing holding me down is the DAMN pull-ups. I have worked so hard to get to where i am, and thats still not good enough. If i can't do what im suppose to do to get to boot camp then theres no way ill ever get through boot camp.

There is nothing i wanted more then to be a Marine. Ive always been a person that is looked down upon becuase of my past or because of what I do or how i look and ive never had much self motivation or confidence. I felt that the Marines could change that about me and it did.

But im left here, no future, no moto, nothing...
I don't want to quit like i have but ive got nothing else to run off of. My dad thinking i should just quit and get a job and try and get to a community collage (due to my grades in high school ill never get to a real one unless i take that route).

I don't know whats left...I don't want my old life style of getting high and partying all the time with some low paying job getting no where in life, but at the same time i don't want to wait another 4 or 5 months to ship to boot camp again, I have waited too long to just wait and wait again

DevilDogHEMech
08-13-06, 04:28 AM
Instead of becoming depressed about having to wait a few more months until you can ship, how about using that time as an opportunity to get yourself stronger, so that two pull-ups becomes easy? If you are sure that you want to become a Marine, then realize that after you do you will very often have to overcome challenges greater than doing two pullups, physical and otherwise. Keep in mind why you enlisted in the first place, and what your alternatives are. Many people (myself included) had to overcome several obstacles before they could even ship to boot camp to earn the title Marine. The harder you work for it, the more it will mean to you once you attain it. I got myself to (and through) boot camp by thinking about other Marines ahead of me, the difficulties they had gone through, and the challenges overcome. If pull-ups are really the only thing holding you back, start working on it like you really do want to become a Marine. Do them whenever you can. Since the minimum is only two, you won't get very far by just hanging at the bottom of the bar with your arms stretched out while you struggle to get halfway and kick your legs and scream in frustration. Have a buddy lift you up at the waist, or use a machine that lifts some of the weight for you and make gradual progress. It will take time and dedication, but it will be worth it in the end. When you lose motivation, that is an indication that you should start to work harder, not just drop everything and quit. That is not what Marines do, and therefore it is not something that somebody who wants to become a Marine should do. Keep your head up, keep working on it, remember why you took the oath in the first place, and don't be afraid to ask other people for help. Good luck.

bigdog43701
08-13-06, 07:25 AM
MIDNIGHT,

So you want to be a Marine. Well DO IT! a true Marine will not let obsticles stand in his way. so you have problems with pull-ups. keep up you work on runs and cruches and work harder on the pull-ups. if you want it you will get it, and don't let any SOB tell you you can't.

Old Marine
08-13-06, 08:54 AM
Once you get off the bus, your motivation will return, and faster than you think it will.

jinelson
08-13-06, 10:59 AM
Aw bullfeathers! You are lucky that you were delayed, if you were sent you would have been dropped to PCP (physical conditioning platoon). Believe me thats not a good place to go. Now pick yourself back up and think moto. This is not an obstacle that cannot be overcome. You must build your upper body strength now and in a couple months you will be good to go. We have some others on this site that had the same problem but do no longer. Attend the Poolee Hall Chat tonight and you can get some scoop there. Do a search of this site for pullups and armstrong method. Research the Armstrong method it really works. Now breath, relax, smile and get er done!

JWG
08-13-06, 03:32 PM
Brother:

Step back a pace.. you said you have your running, crunches, and everything else down..

What does that leave? JUST PULLUPS... GET WORKIN! You going to let ONE exercise get in the way? Focus on those pull-ups.. just keep doing them religiously.. you'll be fine.

STAY MOTIVATED!

marinegreen
08-13-06, 04:17 PM
Maybe its your technique yung'en,explain to us how your doing your pull ups, is it from a dead hang or what.If thats the case its gonna be harder if you dont have arm strength,shoulders and back.Once you get that 1st pull-up going and as your coming down use your momentum from your body to kip you back up.A good way to build upper strenght is put your feet on a chair and do push-ups that way,there is so many ways to building upper body strenght.Tell us your technique,we'll get you thru this hurdle.

jbrocatomarine
08-13-06, 07:18 PM
So,you want to give up,well thats easy just feel sorry for yourself,or you can get your ASS and Head Wired Together. I could't do them either,but in Boot Camp I did so much PT it just became easy. You have to live your life,for you,nobody else. " I Will Never Surrender Of My Own Free Will,While I still Have The Means To Resist"..its mind over matter. Now get your thumb out of your moth and stop thinking you can't. Can't means I won't,and won't is not in the Marine Corps Handbook. And as far as your Past goes,you learn from your mistakes,only stupid people keep making the same ones over,and over.
OK, so your not a F**KING genius, neither I'm I. My grades in High School didn't add up to a Ivy League College,but I went to College in the Corps,so can you...

Marine84
08-13-06, 07:37 PM
I'm with Jinnelson on this one - BULLFEATHERS! What were you doing with your pullups allllllllll that time you were in DEP - doesn't sound like you were practicing them pullups. If you had, surely to goodness, it would have been enough time to get better at them. You didn't just find out 2 days before you were due to ship that you couldn't.

If you REALLY want to be a Marine - you'll do what you have to do to make sure you get it. Now I suggest you get that hang bar put up in a doorway in the house and PULLUP!

Tallboot
08-13-06, 08:27 PM
Get MAD at those pull ups, you gunna let 2 pull ups stop you ? yell, cuss, scream, fight those pull ups dont NOT give up on me. If Its what you want then get it its right there in front of you.

Its Delayed for a good reason, last thing you want is the Drill Intructor seeing you cant do 2 pull ups. Then going to PCP platoon to get the two pullups, and then being in Bootcamp longer, and getting in a new platoon.

The Sandman
08-13-06, 08:29 PM
Wow did someone say moto?

" I Will Never Surrender Of My Own Free Will,While I still Have The Means To Resist"

His_angel
08-13-06, 08:33 PM
You have a choice. Get your butt in gear and learn to do the pullups already. Put a bar up in your house, garage or yard. Make a point to work at it every spare moment. Only you are holding yourself back. If you believe you can't do it, then you won't. Believe you can and work at it hard enough and you will.

Angel

Lithium
08-13-06, 09:49 PM
What I dont understand is how you just found out you could not do 2 dead arm pullups, 2 days before you were suppose to ship, and you have been in DEP for "a year or so". I am not one to feel sorry for people.

But I do see alot of heart in the rest of your post. The fact that you care is always a plus. If you really want to be a Marine, then you gotta push yourself untill it hurts, then do some more. The quote, "Pain is weakness leaving the body" didn't come from the army! It looks to me that you got your crunches and run time in good shape; Don't let 2 pullups get in your way. You might not WANT to go to the PCP, but it might just be the ideal thing to do. You won't have the option to slack off, and you will see a BIG difference real quick.

Don't give up, don't lose faith, don't lose moto. MANY people have faced far worse problems going into bootcamp. So stop feeling sorry for yourself and make a stand!!!

jinelson
08-13-06, 11:38 PM
Give these links a read then adapt and overcome!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27416

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29090

WannabeDevildog
08-14-06, 12:00 AM
C'mon brother you can do it. It's just TWO pullups! You can't let two pullups stand in your way. DON'T GIVE UP!!!! I'm sure once you get to boot camp, there's gonna be times when you wanna quit. But if you want to be a Marine you will not quit. EVER. MARINES NEVER QUIT!!!!!

"One day, you may get killed with your own rifle, but the bastard will have to beat you to death with it because you ran outta ammo!!"

jinelson
08-14-06, 10:37 AM
Let us know if these links help you progress. I will see if our pull up guru smalcom will PM you and help you succeed as he has.

Static_Sky25
08-14-06, 01:37 PM
Well after a year or so of waiting for boot camp and being delayed and delayed again, I find out 2 days before I leave that I can't do two dead arm pull-ups, so I can't go. Ive lost all motivation. I feel like I have failed myself and the Corps and I don't know what I can do anymore.

I have worked my ass off, ive been running to get my run time down to about 11 minutes, i can do almost 100 crunchs, but the only thing holding me down is the DAMN pull-ups. I have worked so hard to get to where i am, and thats still not good enough. If i can't do what im suppose to do to get to boot camp then theres no way ill ever get through boot camp.

There is nothing i wanted more then to be a Marine. Ive always been a person that is looked down upon becuase of my past or because of what I do or how i look and ive never had much self motivation or confidence. I felt that the Marines could change that about me and it did.

But im left here, no future, no moto, nothing...
I don't want to quit like i have but ive got nothing else to run off of. My dad thinking i should just quit and get a job and try and get to a community collage (due to my grades in high school ill never get to a real one unless i take that route).

I don't know whats left...I don't want my old life style of getting high and partying all the time with some low paying job getting no where in life, but at the same time i don't want to wait another 4 or 5 months to ship to boot camp again, I have waited too long to just wait and wait again

and do curls... that's how I built up my biceps and triceps for pullups...

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-14-06, 04:07 PM
Midnight, you're not the first person to have problems getting fit enough to ship to boot camp, and you won't be the last. The only question is if you have enough to do what it takes to earn The Title. It isn't given away, you have to work for it. Since you allowed yourself to be in such poor physical condition, you'll have to work harder than others. It is still something you can do, you just have to decide to do it.

Get to the gym and get stronger. Unfortunatly, you cannot take the easy route and just learn to "kip" as people used to do. You have to work until you're strong enough to pull your body over the bar. It won't happen over night, but it will happen, if you put in the needed sweat. The board is full of advice on how to get stronger, look at it, read it, and then do it. It is as simple as that.

JWG
08-14-06, 05:23 PM
Like everyone else has said.. no reason you can't do it.. and they're is no reason if you TRULY want that Title of MARINE.. you will achieve your goal and accomplish your mission.

I want a picture of that Eagle, Globe, and Anchor when you get back posted on here!

STAY MOTO, YOU HEAR ME, BROTHER?

(I sure hope you respond, cause if you don't, that tells me a lot.)

JIsom2006
08-17-06, 02:58 PM
Hey man the pull ups were my only problem too. My run time was good and so were my crunches. What I did to do pull ups was bench pressing and curls. I also took a protein shake before working out and in just two weeks I was able to do 6 pullups. Stay Motivated.

Static_Sky25
08-17-06, 04:26 PM
I'm with Jinnelson on this one - BULLFEATHERS!

now I've heard of Horse feathers... and BullSh*T is this a cross

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-17-06, 04:47 PM
Static, you need to start watching better TV shows.

Accord
08-18-06, 10:05 PM
How could you be in DEP for a year and JUST find out 2 days before you ship that you can only do 1 pullup? Were you not doing pullups when you were in DEP for an entire year?

What were you doing in that year to result in only being able to do 1 pullup? Come on man, I don't think you're giving us the full story here, or you weren't exactly working as hard as you say you were, because there's no way you can be in DEP for a year going to poolee meeting after poolee meeting and working hard and being able to do only 1 pullup.

JWG
08-19-06, 09:28 AM
Brandon (aka. Midnightsoul),

I want to see a reply from you, because your absence of replying to everyone elses replies shows me that you did not care what people had to say in the first place.

Which leaves me wondering.. WHY DID YOU POST, IN THE FIRST PLACE!?

There are no excuses for you not being able to do more than 1 pullup. You had all that time in DEP, and from what you said, you had plenty of time to "master" everything else. No reason you couldn't have worked on Pull-Ups as well..

No, my brother, no excuse except that you failed to work on it! So, what is the solution you ask?

GET OFF YOUR ASS AND WORK ON IT! Sometimes the simplest things, are the hardest to figure out.

TELL US HOW YOU ARE PROGRESSING, Brother.. no reply shows me no CARE.

Good Luck!

-Jon :iwo:

Erikh
08-19-06, 10:48 AM
whether or not he replies ill still leave him with this.

give the Armstrong pullup program a try, i started it this week and im not able to do a single pullup yet, but i did so many assisted pullups i think my back was on fire this morning, i feel in a month or so i will be able to crank them out without any help, just stay motovated. If this is what you REALLY want, nothing should get in your way.

Accord
08-19-06, 01:13 PM
Brandon (aka. Midnightsoul),

I want to see a reply from you, because your absence of replying to everyone elses replies shows me that you did not care what people had to say in the first place.

Which leaves me wondering.. WHY DID YOU POST, IN THE FIRST PLACE!?

There are no excuses for you not being able to do more than 1 pullup. You had all that time in DEP, and from what you said, you had plenty of time to "master" everything else. No reason you couldn't have worked on Pull-Ups as well..

No, my brother, no excuse except that you failed to work on it! So, what is the solution you ask?

GET OFF YOUR ASS AND WORK ON IT! Sometimes the simplest things, are the hardest to figure out.

TELL US HOW YOU ARE PROGRESSING, Brother.. no reply shows me no CARE.

Good Luck!

-Jon :iwo:
From what he said, he slacked off until the last minute and now he wants an easy fix. As of now he has 1 day until he ships, so he has two options, he can either suck it up and ship and fail the IST and then go straight to PCP, or he can be a quitter and not join. It's too late for any pullup programs, no program in the world will get him where he needs to be in less than 24 hours. As someone who personally worked extremely hard in DEP, I find this rather disgusting to tell you the truth, it's just inexcusable. He had a YEAR to work on getting more than 3 pullups and he just now decides to work on it 2 days before shipping. That's a total lack of personal responsibility and going straight to PCP because you were too lazy to work hard while in DEP is not a good way to start your career.

Kildars
08-21-06, 01:01 AM
Ha, I wish I only had pullups preventing me from going to bootcamp at least you don't have medical waivers to hurdle over. Go do some damn pullups.

Marusak
08-21-06, 03:51 AM
Ha, I wish I only had pullups preventing me from going to bootcamp at least you don't have medical waivers to hurdle over. Go do some damn pullups.

Amen to that!

John0621
08-21-06, 08:59 PM
Let me tell you a story. When I was trying to get in I had to lose 35 pounds before I could go to Boot Camp. I worked my tail off for 3 months (during the holidays) to lose that weight. Then the two days before I was to go I got caught up in a stupid legal situation and had to go to court the day I was to ship. Thankfully the judge understood that I was trying to better myself and let me off the hook. I've been in your shoe and so have many other Marines and we all made it. You will too. The only way to get better at pull-ups is to do them. Try working pyramids. You know, do one, get down, do two, get down and so on. This really works. Good Luck, and keep your head up. You will some day earn your EGA.

RomanNose
09-07-06, 03:37 AM
I do have a question, I seem to be in the same situation as this particular person you are talking about, but not as bad. I'm wondering...what I want to ship on my shipdate and go to PCP? I mean I hear all kinds of rumors about that that place, and from what I hear its not a place anyone should want to be in. I highly doubt anyone can vouche for it because I'm pretty sure everyone here is good enough to pass the IST to avoid PCP, but hey how bad could it really be?

drillinstructor
09-07-06, 10:15 AM
I have no pity. Do not even come. You won't make it. You can not tell me you worked so hard for a year and can't do 3 pull-ups. I kill recruits all day long every day and I have never yes never I mean never never had a recruit that couldn't do more than the minimum after 3 months. You do not have the drive and dedication required of a Marine Recruit. You worked for a year? whatever.......

JReid
09-07-06, 10:17 AM
The PCP's whole purpose is to get the recruit phyisically fit(to pass the IST) to begin regular Recruit Training. You will...PT...PT...and do some more PT. I would suggest that if you cannot pass the IST a month before you leave, to delay your shipdate(that is the policy my recruiter and his office goes by). Of course the PCP is not going to kill you, it will get you in shape...fast, but I want to go to Parris Island, do 13 weeks and no more, and get out. The time you spend in PCP doesnt count towards the 13 week program. I am sure there are a few Marines on the forums that could tell you more about the PCP, the above information is just what I have been told, and my opinion on it.

Mike McIntyre
09-07-06, 10:53 AM
I don’t get it. My son was in a car wreck in January and COULD NOT do one (1) pull-up. He did NOTHING for months while healing. He was up to 4 in just 8 weeks. The Gunny at his station has Poolees running in the 10-11 minute range when they were at 15(plus) minutes to start. IF you want it than go do it NOW. Do not waist the Corps time in PCP if you can get it done before hand. IMO

jinelson
09-07-06, 12:29 PM
Midnightsoul since you first posted this thread Poolees, Wannabes and Marines have given you good advice and support to help you overcome this preceived problem of yours. You have not once acknowleged any of them or given an update on your progress or otherwise shown any motivation. Other than feeling sorry for yourself like a non hacker. I know that you have been online here and have even read the responses to your thread because I have watched you. I sadly must say that drillinstructor is correct you wont make it to becoming a Marine. You have no true desire or heart to accomplish that achievement.

RomanNose
09-07-06, 01:03 PM
Sir, Drill Instuctor Sir, this poolee never mentioned they had a year in advance to prepare, I was just simply inquiring about the PCP thats all. If this poolee shows up to bootcamp and goes to PCP then so be it. I thought this poolee thread was suppose to help motive poolees and not tell them they will never make it. I do understand that becoming a Marine is a right of passage that consists of tough mental and physical work, but I believe anyone who is willing to take the step towards becoming a Marine deserves motivation.

Mike McIntyre
09-07-06, 01:21 PM
Lighten –Up! First, that reply was for Midnightsoul. How long until you ship? If it more than a couple of months you should be fine but you MUST start working at it. There is a ton of info on this site concerning upper body strength. You do not want PCP, 3 weeks of ALL PT and then 13 more weeks of actual Boot Camp.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
You want advice, show up to ALL poolee functions and take it seriously. Work with your recruiter. That is what he/she is there for. You must work on your own!!!! Get motivated and take responsibility for yourself.
<o:p></o:p>
You show initiative and you will get ALL the support and motivation from this site that you can handle.

Marine84
09-07-06, 01:43 PM
Romannose - how do you think DrillInstructor should motivate you or anybody else?

I think you'll find one thing about Marines - we call 'em like we see 'em and we don't sugar coat $h!t to make you feel good - that's your parents job. If you don't want the truth in here, you better not come in here asking. Anybody that has had a whole freakin year to practice doing pullups and just finds out 2 days before he ships that he can't is LIEING about practicing them during that time! I would rather not waste my tax dollars on him either.

His_angel
09-07-06, 04:10 PM
Sir, Drill Instuctor Sir, this poolee never mentioned they had a year in advance to prepare, I was just simply inquiring about the PCP thats all. If this poolee shows up to bootcamp and goes to PCP then so be it. I thought this poolee thread was suppose to help motive poolees and not tell them they will never make it. I do understand that becoming a Marine is a right of passage that consists of tough mental and physical work, but I believe anyone who is willing to take the step towards becoming a Marine deserves motivation.

Motivation? Yeah. For those who actually put forth the friggin effort. I had less than 2 months from the time I took my ASVAB till the time I shipped off. That was with going to college full time and working. I don't remember any poolee/DEP program. {Though it could have been in place but I wasn't aware of it.} Once a week I would meet with the recruiter and he'd see how I was doing on my pt stuff. Meaning ... I had to keep myself motivated. I had to find my own time to push myself. I had to find my own inner strength to develop those skills. I didn't have other potential recruits there to help me with squat. Certainly didn't have an online forum to come to and cry saying "I've lost all motivation."

The original poster had almost a year to prepare. And I know I replied already. But I don't feel sorry for him. How does one have 2 days till they leave then figure out they can't meet the minimums? Because that person hasn't been working at it all along.

I'll save my words of positive motivation for those who are trying. Forgive me if I don't sugar coat my responses and say what someone wants to hear. Think drill instructors sugar coat anything? Think Marines will tell you what you want to hear when you get in the fleet or think they'll tell you straight up how it is?

MOST OF ALL : Everyone one of us here can blow sunshine up someone's butt till the cows come home. But if someone doesn't have motivation to begin with then it can't be "given" to them. {See the topic if you don't understand.} If someone can't handle what a few Marines tell them here then they most likely will not be able to handle boot muchless the fleet. Boot isn't just for training. It's also to weed out as many as possible that can't hack it. Can't hack the minimums before boot with almost a year to prepare? Doesn't sound like there was ever any real motivation to begin with then now does it?

Accord
09-07-06, 04:10 PM
According to his profile, he was last online today at 12:41 PM, so he's definitely seen the responses in his thread.

jinelson
09-07-06, 04:14 PM
Thats a fact! As I stated.

Marine84
09-07-06, 08:27 PM
Yeah and his first post was on 8/13 - he STILL ain't left. Send him on down to MCRD - let him tell a DI he's lost all motivation. He better be out trying the pullups if he REALLY wants the Title.

DrillInstructor - if you were to walk up to this kid in formation and he told you he had lost all motivation, what would your response be to him? (get ready ya'll this will be a good one)

RomanNose
09-07-06, 11:27 PM
I have read your posts Marines. I have to say you are all 100% right. I was just concerned for the kid. Now I do remember I said I was almost in the same situation as him but not really. I leave Oct 9th. His Angel you are right, about all the motivation and stuff. So I apologize for making it sound like I was maybe feeling sorry for myself or him? It is true one has to find self motivation to get ready to embark on a tough mission. So with that being said its all good in the hood :beer:

cplbrooks
09-08-06, 04:33 AM
Midnight,

Do you have any weight issues? How tall are you and what do you weigh? you should start with some weight training, specifically doing arm curls to build up your bicep and triceps. You will need these for your pull ups. Do them many times a day while you sit at your computer playing games etc.

drillinstructor
09-08-06, 10:47 AM
Yeah and his first post was on 8/13 - he STILL ain't left. Send him on down to MCRD - let him tell a DI he's lost all motivation. He better be out trying the pullups if he REALLY wants the Title.

DrillInstructor - if you were to walk up to this kid in formation and he told you he had lost all motivation, what would your response be to him? (get ready ya'll this will be a good one)

First of all I really hope these poolees do not get off the bus and land on my yellow footprints and think I am going to pat them on the back and thank them for coming. I do all my hand shaking to the newly graduated Marines on Friday’s. Recruits need training and discipline until that grad day comes.

As for a recruit telling me he lost all motivation, Well if he did get those words out of his mouth before I told him to shut the hell up I would say “Good you lost all motivation?” I am still motivated and I get my motivation by seeing recruits in pain. Mountain Climbers right now” Aye AyE sir? No louder louder and of course that game for about 5 mins. Then while he is in pain I would completely humiliate him and explain all the great Marines before him who has defended his freedom. No worries for him he can go back to the civilian world while I stay and fight his freedom for him. Not everyone can be a Marine and you are not everyone. I am happy to see you fail, that means I am much stronger than you. You are a weak, nasty undisciplined pig. Dear mom, I failed…say it louder louder louder…Nope not loud enough …dear mom I failed. Push right now. I am still motivated but not highly motivated…I will be highly motivated when you start crying for your mommy so we may be here a while…side straddle hops right now…..Now while doing your side straddle hops scream “I have no motivation and Drill Instructor GySgt Walker is going to be highly motivated” Keep saying it you nasty thing…louder, nope louder..good you don’t want to open your mouth start over Mountain Clibers….This will continue until I have reached my climax of motivation…..

DI

Marine84
09-08-06, 03:47 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHHA! I TOLD ya'll it would be a good one! I can see him now - all up in somebody's grill with the veins popping out on his forehead - HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Echo5November
09-08-06, 04:26 PM
why are are you complaining and wasting time on the internet when you should be on a pull up bar?? Think about it.

Achped
09-08-06, 04:49 PM
Just out of curiosity, since I really don't see why we're still wasting time trying to motivate someone who obviously doesn't want to be a Marine, on graduation day, do you still have to talk to your Drill Instructors while standing at attention and with sir, no sir? Or are they now like fellow enlisted Marines and you can talk to them using their rank only? If you want to show them respect and call them sir, is that not allowed? Do they actually treat you like a human on graduation day?

drillinstructor
09-08-06, 05:06 PM
Either one will work. The appropriate response is yes GySgt or no GySgt. After all you are a Marine....a brother.

cplbrooks
09-08-06, 05:13 PM
Achped,

You will be distressed to know that once you graduate boot camp and have earned the title you still will get very little respect for at least your first year or two in the Corps. You go from being a recruit to being a "boot" Marine. Once you hit the fleet it is very likely that you will be called "boot" more often than Marine for awhile. When this happened to me i was like "wtf, i thought we were all Marines?" It is kind of like the saying from Animal Farm, "Yes we are all equal, but some are more equal than others." You will see, especially in a grunt unit. I dont know which made me more happy, graduating boot camp or no longer being considered a boot.

tophor
09-08-06, 05:49 PM
Just keep trying, NEVER GIVE UP!!!! If you want to be a MARINE you WILL self motivate and do it!!! Lift weights and do a LOT of push ups, it will help. If you really want to be a MARINE you will NEVER GIVE UP to attain your goals! Just keeping working at it and YOU WILL MAKE IT!!!! Just DO NOT GIVE UP!!!! SEMPER FI!!!!

Marine84
09-08-06, 09:13 PM
You'll have some that require you to call them sir but, for the biggest part, if you say "sir" to some old salt he'll tell you not to thank him cause it's his job.

cplbrooks
09-08-06, 09:24 PM
after bootcamp only officers are called sir. Enlisted are addressed by rank and last name.

PooleeDavis07
05-28-09, 12:10 PM
:usmc:Come on man just work on your push ups, from what I heard from you working on everything else, work on getting your pull ups... not neceserly doing pull ups but doing repgs with like 16 lbs waits, and doing push ups. I am sure you can get it man. You will become a Marine! ORAHH!!!! You want that eagle, globe and achor earn it man, show them you want it!!! PUSH AND PUSH till you can not push anymore! ORAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Stay motivated!!!! And work out at least 4 times a week. Good luck fellow Poolee! and a BIG ORRRRRAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!! Hope that is some motivation for you man.
Fellow Poolee; Poolee Davis

Isrowei
05-28-09, 12:14 PM
:usmc:Come on man just work on your push ups, from what I heard from you working on everything else, work on getting your pull ups... not neceserly doing pull ups but doing repgs with like 16 lbs waits, and doing push ups. I am sure you can get it man. You will become a Marine! ORAHH!!!! You want that eagle, globe and achor earn it man, show them you want it!!! PUSH AND PUSH till you can not push anymore! ORAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Stay motivated!!!! And work out at least 4 times a week. Good luck fellow Poolee! and a BIG ORRRRRAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!! Hope that is some motivation for you man.
Fellow Poolee; Poolee Davis

Hey, did you bother to read the freaking date on that post?

It's three years old.... go haze yourself. Hard.

Supersquishy
05-28-09, 12:16 PM
I think your a few years late on your reply Poolee, but good effort on your moto speech.:sick:

Edit: LT Isrowei beat me....

NoRemorse
05-28-09, 12:20 PM
Orahhhhhhh? Is that Spanish?

drillinstructor
05-28-09, 12:35 PM
Yes and the dude that started this post probably gave up already and has quit 4 other jobs since. Once a quitter always a quitter......

GavinL91
05-28-09, 07:52 PM
Man i had to waste a moto speech,damn!Im 3 years late,thnk god for edit.