PDA

View Full Version : Daily Motivational - 8/12/06

JWG
08-12-06, 07:47 AM
Daily Motivational - August 12th, 2006.

General Lejeune's Birthday Message

On November 1st. 1921, John A. Lejeune, 13th Commandant of the Marine Corps, directed that a reminder of the Corps be published by every command, to all Marines throughout the globe, on the Birthday of the Corps. Since the day, Marines have continued to distinguish themselves on many battlefields and foreign shores, in war and peace. On this Birthday of the Corps, therefore, in compliance with the will of the 13th Commandant, Article 38 United States Marine Corps Manual, Edition of 1921, is published as follows:

"On November 10, 1775, a Corps of Marines was created by a resolution of the Continental Congress. Since that date many thousands of men have borne that name Marine. In memory of them it is fitting that we who are Marines should commemorate the Birthday of our Corps by calling to mind the glories of its long and illustrious history.

The record of our Corps is one which bear comparison with that of the most famous military organizations in the world's history. During 90 of the 146 years of its existence the Marine Corps has been in action against the Nation's foes. From the Battle of Trenton to the Argome, Marines have won foremost honors in war and in the long era of tranquility at home generation after generation of Marines have grown gray in war in both hemispheres, and in every corner of the seven seas so that our country and its citizens might enjoy peace and security.

In every battle and skirmish since the Birth of the Corps, Marines have acquitted themselves with the greatest distinction, winning new honors on each occasion until the term "Marine" has come to signify all that is highest in military efficiency and soldierly virtue.

This high name of distinction and soldierly repute we who are Marines today have received from those who preceded us in the Corps. With it we also received from them the eternal spirit which has animated our Corps from generation and has long been the distinguishing mark of Marines in every age. So long as that spirit continues to flourish Marines will be found equal to every emergency in the future as they have been in the past, and the me of our nation will regard us as worthy successors to the long line of illustrious men who have served as "Soldiers of the Sea" since the founding of the Corps."

WannabeDevildog
08-12-06, 11:23 PM
Once again, another great post Jon. Sorry my input is so late. Anyway, I couldn't find anything so I thought I'd type somethin' up real quick. Hope you like it.

Freedom

To every individual, freedom has a different meaning. In the dictionary, freedom is defined as personal or political independence, or an exemtion or immunity from controls, duties, etc. Again, because of it's broad definition, freedom could mean any number of things for any individual at any given time.

Some may define freedom as the ability to persue one's passions or goals without fear of prosecution or discrimination.

Others may see freedom as the right to choose where to live and how to make a living and spend their free time.

A few may even see freedom as an opportunity to take advantage of those not as fortunate just to make a few bucks.

There are even those that see freedom as the ability to question authority and resist and protest against the very people who protect their freedom.

And who protects their freedom? Every American soldier who has ever sacrificed their freedoms so that we may remian free.

Haven't you ever thought of that? The very people who protect our freedoms give up many of their own freedoms to do so.
And what is so incredible about it is that these fine young Americans do it willingly.
They are aware of those that have gone before them to protect the freedoms that we all enjoy, and are willing to return the favor whatever the cost.

They will spend months on end away from friends and family so that the rest of us can spend every waking moment with ours.

They will sleep in foxholes and eat MRE's so that the rest of us can live in comfort and security.

They will put themselves in harm's way so that you and I don't have to.

I recognize their sacrifices for our country, and I am willing to return the favor.

I will do everything in my power to ensure the freedoms that we all enjoy for the generations to come.

jinelson
08-12-06, 11:34 PM
Nice contribution Zach thank you. Well done.

Jim :)

JWG
08-12-06, 11:40 PM
Agreed.. VERY NICE ZACK! MOTIVATING! :evilgrin:

-Jon :iwo: