PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready for some football? Florida Judge Blocks Terror Preventing Searches

fontman
08-11-06, 03:13 PM
Are you ready for some football? Florida Judge Blocks Terror Preventing Searches
http://www.mdjonline.com ^ | 8 10 06

Isn't it ironic that one of the things our enemies, the Islamofascists, hate about America is the very thing that enables them to operate here?

I'm talking about our openness. Our rights to privacy. The many freedoms granted us by the U.S. Constitution. And the protections and even special treatment afforded Muslim organizations in the U.S.

We're a society like no other.

Take for example last week's decision by Federal District Court Judge James Whittemore of Florida, who ruled in favor of ACLU lawyers last week that pat down searches before football games should be prohibited because they violate fans' Fourth Amendment rights. There is "no substantial, real risk," he opined, of terrorists killing people at football stadiums.

I guess he didn't hear about the University of Oklahoma student who tried to enter Sooner Stadium last fall after wiring himself to the gills with explosives. But most Americans didn't, so what's new?

The suit, originating with a Tampa civics teacher who'd obviously rather see Raymond James Stadium blown to smithereens than subject himself to a five second pat-down, could prompt many venues and the NFL to re-evaluate security policies, a seeming victory for jihadists and ACLU fans everywhere.

Meanwhile, in the Meadowlands in New Jersey, a special area has been set aside where Muslim fans can pray during a game. This came in response to allegations of profiling after some startled Giants fans last September grew alarmed when five Muslim men were observed getting up in the middle of the first quarter, congregating in a sensitive area near the stadium's main food prep area and air intake duct, spreading prayer rugs and doing their thing. The men were outraged at being questioned.

Thankfully, the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority is making sure they'll pray in comfort this season. Who wants to be accused of profiling, especially since there's no threat to stadiums and we're not at war with Muslims (just certain Muslims who we can't identify until they decide to hijack a plane or shoot up a Jewish Federation building).

If I'm sounding a little frustrated, it's because so many Americans seem to be stuck on moot points regarding those who want to attack us. Instead of focusing on immediate concerns, while world events truly leave them and their arguments behind, they're stuck on WMD and Guantanamo detainees.

These deniers rarely have solutions to any threat, and can't see this conflict for what it really is. Hint: It's not Vietnam.

I wish they'd put the mullahs under a microscope, for once, and discuss their vow to activate terror cells here, or the "apocalyptic surprise" they claim to have in store for America on August 22.

It's been five years since the Islamofascists won their last battle on American soil, and most of us still aren't at war.

Maybe the deniers think all we need is a little football, and the enemy will simply go away.