PDA

View Full Version : Officer

ja98
08-11-06, 02:25 PM
If I join at the age of 26 or 27 and get the credits I need to be a officer within 2 to 4 years will I be to old to apply? The reason I ask is cause I heard if you serve 4 years that it is deducted from the age requirement to be a officer dont know if this is true or not?

DevilDogHEMech
08-13-06, 04:12 AM
I don't know for sure if it is the same for officers, but I have known enlisted Marines (with or without prior service in other branches) who joined as late as 32. Your recruiter should be able to give you a definitive answer. I would guess that you would be okay at 26 or 27 as long as you are in good shape physically.

ja98
08-23-06, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the info will follow up w/recruiter.

SgtGorman
08-26-06, 01:59 AM
If I join at the age of 26 or 27 and get the credits I need to be a officer within 2 to 4 years will I be to old to apply? The reason I ask is cause I heard if you serve 4 years that it is deducted from the age requirement to be a officer dont know if this is true or not?

First of all, you are too late to apply for MECEP/BOOST program. Therefore, as long as you receive your Bachelor degree four years before the age of 30...you are still have a chance. Per MarAdmin 152/06 for MECEP Paragraph G) "Applicants must be less than 26 years of age by 1 July. The intent of the upper age requirement is to recieve commission by age 30. Applicants may request an age waiver up to age 35 at commissioning." Reference URL: http://www.usmc.mil/maradmins/maradmin2000.nsf/d50a617f5ac75ae085256856004f3afc/fa2c2aa1a2c2283c85257141007b2b03?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,mecep

As long as you have 75 credits or an Associate degree, you should apply for MCP program. Therefore, the Corps give you more time to attend College.

I have a question for you, why don't you just finish up your college degree; then join the service as a Commissioned Officer? I spent four years in active duty right after high school; and I intended to join the Corps as commissoined Officer. Therefore, the last four years I spent time to take classes here and there..finally I got my degree within four years. Maybe, I'll be off to OCS soon.

Good Luck,:usmc:
Semper Fi,
Henry