PDA

View Full Version : squad bay

medinaa1
08-11-06, 01:03 PM
As a former nco and a proud member of G CO 2/9 in 1984. I found it a lot easier to supervise and have better accountability for your men. When we returned from our deployment.We moved into the hotels in camp Margarita. They were nice however, things changed in the way we did things. we know had to knock to get them out for formation. That was differant. any way, Ihave not found a better way to lead than the Marine Corp way.

Semper Fi

:usmc:

marinegreen
08-11-06, 01:09 PM
As a former nco and a proud member of G CO 2/9 in 1984. I found it a lot easier to supervise and have better accountability for your men. When we returned from our deployment.We moved into the hotels in camp Margarita. They were nice however, things changed in the way we did things. we know had to knock to get them out for formation. That was differant. any way, Ihave not found a better way to lead than the Marine Corp way.

Semper Fi

:usmc:

SAY WHAT !! Tell me/us yer BS'en us medinaa1 !!! What is happening ??:mad:

sgt.lane
08-11-06, 01:14 PM
I never knocked to get the girls out for formation....

JP YH08
08-11-06, 01:19 PM
"Marine Corp "way

Learn to check your spelling of our "MARINE CORPS"

S/F Jimmy (GYSGT-67-81)

Camper51
08-11-06, 01:57 PM
Knock?? What the hell is a knock??? When I wanted my Marines out I told em what time to be there (BY MY WATCH, NOT YOURS) and there they were.

If we needed an asap formation we just hollered from the duty hut and out they came a running!!!!

Doors were not allowed to be locked, incense was not allowed and the duty NCO could, and would, pop in un announced at any time before taps...

ROHO
08-11-06, 02:22 PM
Chit, I wish my NCO's knocked b-4 they entered my room, then maybe I would not have gotten my only NJP for having beer in my room.

fontman
08-11-06, 02:38 PM
What the hell is a "door?"

It's called a "hatch."

:evilgrin:

Zulu 36
08-11-06, 02:52 PM
Knock? Not this sergeant. If my troops didn't live in squadbays, they knew what time formations were and had better be there. God made alarm clocks for a reason. I'd send someone to knock if something unusual came up, but I normally didn't do it.

By order of most CO's I worked for, the "Atomic Clock" everyone synchronized to was over the Duty NCO's desk or in the company office - someplace all hands had access so they could check.

When I lived in 13 Area hotels, (HQ Co & MP Co, 1st MarDiv) most people worked shifts at Division HQ or as cops, so doors were normally allowed to be kept locked. When the COs inspected on Fridays they used a master key and the Duty NCO had access to that key as well.

Marine84
08-11-06, 07:34 PM
I had this female SSGT or Gunny (can't remember now which one she was) that was our Staff NCO at the barracks in Millington tell me to put out a clove cigarette one time because it smelled to much like marijuana - she was about ready to go off on me until she figured out what the smell was when she walked in the door. I couldn't smoke them in the barracks anymore after that.

Hell, with all of this political correctness crap that they practice these days you probably can't even smoke a cigarette in the barracks anymore. Whatever happened to TOLERANCE?

medinaa1
08-23-06, 08:17 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"> your remark appears as you don't agree there devil pup.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

SAY WHAT !! Tell me/us yer BS'en us medinaa1 !!! What is happening ??:mad:

medinaa1
08-23-06, 08:24 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">What do you do for a living gunny? Are you a school teacher? Some of the best Marines are from Texas.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

"Marine Corp "way

Learn to check your spelling of our "MARINE CORPS"

S/F Jimmy (GYSGT-67-81)

medinaa1
08-23-06, 08:29 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"> Thanks for your reply. I like how you think.:beer: </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

Knock?? What the hell is a knock??? When I wanted my Marines out I told em what time to be there (BY MY WATCH, NOT YOURS) and there they were.

If we needed an asap formation we just hollered from the duty hut and out they came a running!!!!

Doors were not allowed to be locked, incense was not allowed and the duty NCO could, and would, pop in un announced at any time before taps...

medinaa1
08-23-06, 08:37 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"> you will soon learn what a door is Marine. It appears you are probably pretty short. A hatch is on a ship. Anyway, enough of that bull. I just visited Jacksonville for the first time last week. I was proud to see there were still some motivated men out there. Jacksonville is definately differant from Oceanside. </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

What the hell is a "door?"

It's called a "hatch."

:evilgrin:

fontman
08-23-06, 08:48 PM
I just visited Jacksonville for the first time last week. I was proud to see there were still some motivated men out there. Jacksonville is definately differant from Oceanside.I agree 100 percent...been to Oceanside as a young Marine circa 1970, and have been living here in J-Action-Ville for the past 11 years. This place rocks compared to OC! We are a tight-knit bunch around here, Marines and Corpsmen, retired/former/active duty. Trust me!

;)