PDA

View Full Version : Daily Motivational - 8/11/06

JWG
08-11-06, 05:59 AM
Anger?
by JWG

I guess I could say alot of people, and even myself at times, are lead to believe I have a "anger management" problem. "Oh, Jon, why the hell you so p/issed all the time, calm down man." It is a question that the answer to is so obvious it is funny, at times, although very few.

Today, I was thinking to myself, "Wow, I really do get angry alot, why am I really so p/issed all the time?" Maybe it was self-doubt, maybe I'm in denial, but could it just be that I live with the problems of today, and FACE them? I do something about it by preparing from today until the day I hit those yellow foot-prints where I will have the chance to earn that TITLE of Marine. Yes, EARNED,not received. To DEFEND this country when needed, and to go without any lip back to the Brothers who are higher than myself in the food chain.

Could it be that instead of ignoring the problem, I commit my life to it, only to be mocked or dis-respected because of my decision. Now, I know most of you reading this will be suprised or equally disgusted, but the real feeling we're feeling is sadness and disbelief, and it is indeed both saddening and hard to believe that others would mock you or put you down for such a "dumb" decision.

I call such a decision B-R-A-V-E.

Anger? No.

As Wannabe Marines, Poolees, and Marines alike.. we know it as none other than;

:evilgrin:MOTIVATION:evilgrin:

WannabeDevildog
08-11-06, 09:59 AM
Awesome post Jon. How do you come up with this stuff? I got this one off of grunt.com.

THE AMERICAN DREAM
By: Sergeant Aaron M. Gilbert

Through all the fires,
Through all the pain,
The Marines stand tall,
To fight once again.

Always on call,
The Presidents own.
Always fighting,
To protect our home.

My life for our freedom,
My freedom to you,
These are gifts that we give,
For the Red White and Blue.

We die for you,
We die for them,
We do not complain,
About where or when.

For this is our job,
To fight around the world
And give the gift of our freedom
To every boy and every girl.

And yes peaceful solutions,
Can not always be found,
To free a trapped people,
From the terror around.

So we fought in this war,
With resolve in our hearts,
To help Iraq's people
Have a new and free start.

So speak of your "Peace,"
And how war is so wrong,
But shut your face when we're called
To give out the freedom we've won.

For you did not fight,
And you did not bleed.
And you did not die,
For the American dream.

<HR>
May 3rd, 2003
Sergeant Aaron M. Gilbert
United States Marine Corps
Operation Iraqi Freedom
©2003 Aaron M. Gilbert

Tiamat13
08-11-06, 10:15 AM
Hey,
It's good to see that you are dedicated and take things serious.

About anger.. well... Anger isn't really an emotion, rather it is a chemical reaction in the brain that shuts down slower more cognitive thought; self preservation instincts.

I'm not sure why people would think serving in the United States Marine Corps would be a "dumb idea"... I guess they never noticed the economic advantages to having "Marine" on their resume.

Good luck with everything... If I may suggest, Marine Corps history would be some very good info to read up on before you go to MCRD. You have a good headstart, keep motivated.

Later,
Tiamat13

poolarnold
08-14-06, 04:59 PM
I hear that bro and i completely agree